Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NE 10

"Framingham State just signed 8 Springfield Pics, that should tell you something". It tells me that their program will continue to be awful

Anon
anon
Anon
Stonehill wins the conference tournament but lost to the worst team in d3 hockey, framingham state. Is the NE 10 that bad ?
yes. NE10 is like club hockey. If you want to play college hockey but can\'t play high level juniors then NE10 is a great option.
To say the NE10 is like club hockey is just nonsense. Just look at the schedule of all the NE10 schools and see how they have done this year and in the past. Some years are do great vs non conference and some years it's a down year. It's just like all college hockey. The only reason why they can't do D3 is because the NCAA won't allow them to because of the other sports at the schools. An example from last year is Stonehill finished last in the league but beat Wesleyan.

what you are missing is the D3 schools always play their back up goalies and kids that don't play against the D2 teams because the games don't matter. so yeah every once in a while a St. Mikes is going to beat someone but overall its not good hockey. look at the rosters no one chooses to go to SNHU or Assumption for hockey. Its all that will take them.

Assumption and SNHU hockey is much better than Suffolk, Wentworth and most MASCAC schools, just name name a few.

Anon
Assumption and SNHU hockey is much better than Suffolk, Wentworth and most MASCAC schools, just name name a few.
Stonehill won there league thats all you need to know about assumption and snhu.

New D Board rule.

If you're going to knock a college team/conference you have to say where your kid is going or has a commitment to go.

Because if your kid isn't there yet you have no idea what factors into the decision.

I'll bet most of the people knocking D-II/III schools don't have a kid that is admitted or has an offer to go ANYWHERE yet. They're just assuming their kid is going D-I because, well, he's "elite."

if my kid has to choose between SNHU or Wentworth, he's going to Wentworth. I don't care if the hockey team is better or worse, it's a good engineering school. The degree still has to mean something.

Anon
New D Board rule.

If you're going to knock a college team/conference you have to say where your kid is going or has a commitment to go.

Because if your kid isn't there yet you have no idea what factors into the decision.

I'll bet most of the people knocking D-II/III schools don't have a kid that is admitted or has an offer to go ANYWHERE yet. They're just assuming their kid is going D-I because, well, he's "elite."

if my kid has to choose between SNHU or Wentworth, he's going to Wentworth. I don't care if the hockey team is better or worse, it's a good engineering school. The degree still has to mean something.
+1. Isn't snhu an online school?

anon
Anon
New D Board rule.

If you\'re going to knock a college team/conference you have to say where your kid is going or has a commitment to go.

Because if your kid isn\'t there yet you have no idea what factors into the decision.

I\'ll bet most of the people knocking D-II/III schools don\'t have a kid that is admitted or has an offer to go ANYWHERE yet. They\'re just assuming their kid is going D-I because, well, he\'s \"elite.\"

if my kid has to choose between SNHU or Wentworth, he\'s going to Wentworth. I don\'t care if the hockey team is better or worse, it\'s a good engineering school. The degree still has to mean something.
+1. Isn't snhu an online school?
I think all colleges are online now thanks to the virus.

D-II or the NEC 10 is not very good hockey, most all of the D3 teams are better other than a couple of MASCAC schools. NEC 10 roster are full with kid right out of high school or low end prep that don't want to do anytime in Juniors, or the guys who play NEC 10 who do age out of juniors are low end players. It isn't any better than most high end club teams (and I'm not a club hockey guy). DII doesn't give out any scholarship money, it's just an anomaly of college hockey. If you want to play varsity hockey in college but don't want to go the junior route, it's a perfect choice, just not very good.

Welp, the not so good DII hockey player and the not so good Club Hockey player will end up in the same spot as your bender when all is said and done. The only difference? Their parents saved $20k on “juniors” that you paid to have Jr end up at Wentworth.. oh, and when they meet in the beer league, their bender will be 21 or 22. Your bender will be 24-25

Coach
Welp, the not so good DII hockey player and the not so good Club Hockey player will end up in the same spot as your bender when all is said and done. The only difference? Their parents saved $20k on “juniors” that you paid to have Jr end up at Wentworth.. oh, and when they meet in the beer league, their bender will be 21 or 22. Your bender will be 24-25
I was 20 when I graduated after having been put ahead a grade when I was a kid.

I was engaged at 22, married at 23 and owned my first house at 25.

I am 1,000% OK with my kid playing junior, going to school at 21 and graduating at 25, since that is what he wants to do with his life. He's earned good grades, he's worked hard on his schooling and his hockey since he was a little kid. He's earned the right to make his own decision about his own future.

Anon
Coach
I was 20 when I graduated after having been put ahead a grade when I was a kid.

I was engaged at 22, married at 23 and owned my first house at 25.

I am 1,000% OK with my kid playing junior, going to school at 21 and graduating at 25, since that is what he wants to do with his life. He's earned good grades, he's worked hard on his schooling and his hockey since he was a little kid. He's earned the right to make his own decision about his own future.
Well stated

See above i.e.: newly placed rule. Didn't see where your kid plays or is committed to play? How many D2/3 hockey games do you take in per year?

Maximus
See above i.e.: newly placed rule. Didn't see where your kid plays or is committed to play? How many D2/3 hockey games do you take in per year?
You must have been in my original class before they moved me a grade up because they knew my classmates would waste my time.

If you knew how to read and comprehend you'd know the rule applies IF you are going to knock a D-II/III program.

My kid is having conversations but has a year of junior left, which of course every school wants his birth year to do.

Giddy up. I assume your off spring is playing in the USHL based on your arrogance which would give you zero reason to be concerned with such low level college hockey. Another D Board D Bag. Move along and go back to counting shipping containers in Hong Kong for the apparent hedge fund you oversee.

Maximus
Giddy up. I assume your off spring is playing in the USHL based on your arrogance which would give you zero reason to be concerned with such low level college hockey. Another D Board D Bag. Move along and go back to counting shipping containers in Hong Kong for the apparent hedge fund you oversee.
You must have been a whiz at Connect-The-Dots back in the days we were classmates, because I have no idea what you're talking about.