The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MA Guidelines

With the new guidelines in MA specifically for grades K-12, where does this leave JR Hockey in the state. So we follow the same guidelines?

Re: MA Guidelines

Anon
With the new guidelines in MA specifically for grades K-12, where does this leave JR Hockey in the state. So we follow the same guidelines?
Most likely following the college guidelines and pushing off until January.

Anon
Anon
Fool. Junior is governed by USA Hockey, not NCAA.

The MA Guidelines specifically say Youth to Adult. The only difference I saw was if the player is over 21 no spectators are permitted.

Which shows how little these clowns understand hockey. So, what they are saying is, I can go watch my kid's games until February, and then I have to technically stop or I'm subject to a fine for disorderly conduct?

anon
Anon
Anon

The MA Guidelines specifically say Youth to Adult. The only difference I saw was if the player is over 21 no spectators are permitted.

Which shows how little these clowns understand hockey. So, what they are saying is, I can go watch my kid's games until February, and then I have to technically stop or I'm subject to a fine for disorderly conduct?
So Jr hockey in MA has to have the same mask at faceoff, no contact rules?

anon
anon
Anon
Anon

Which shows how little these clowns understand hockey. So, what they are saying is, I can go watch my kid\'s games until February, and then I have to technically stop or I\'m subject to a fine for disorderly conduct?
So Jr hockey in MA has to have the same mask at faceoff, no contact rules?
Technically, yes. But, we don't know how the "rules" are going to be interpreted. I am interested to see what MA Hockey has to say tonight, because the "rules" are impractical at every age level, from mites to junior.

What will be really difficult is, game Friday in NH, Saturday in MA, different rules.

I told my kid, yesterday's news is good. We are a little closer to having hockey in MA. There's a lot to be worked out. It's still way better than what many here were saying, which was an outright ban on competition.

And, the better news is, if they DO ban hockey here, we'll just pack up his car and he can play somewhere that they do have games. In junior, you only have to be better than the worst kid on the team to crack the lineup. Movement is so much easier in junior than in youth hockey or Midgets. If you can play at a high level, you can find a team.

How do you wear a mask in a face off when the mouthpiece is required to be attached to the cage?

So.No contact in jr hockey? When will the final rules be posted?
six feet apart on the bench etc??

ANON
So.No contact in jr hockey? When will the final rules be posted?
six feet apart on the bench etc??
Will be watching the webinar tonight to see what MA has to say about the “rules.”