email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Junior Leagues Requiring COVID Tests

Great!

So after the first team activity are they staying in a bubble with the rest of the team like the NHL? If not, test is a waste of time.

Anon
Great!

So after the first team activity are they staying in a bubble with the rest of the team like the NHL? If not, test is a waste of time.
Yeah, total waste of time to know with certainty that no one is positive before the season begins. That way, if a kid is positive, he can spread it to his teammates and coaches at practice.

You're right, of course. They can pick it up while they're here. I'm headed out to Home Depot in a bit, then swinging by Donelan's. No risk there!

Oh, and it's also required by the MA travel order unless you're coming in from a high risk state. So, basically, they are exceeding the legal requirement.

What a waste!

Try educating yourself. It'll make you appear less dumb.

Can they travel between states with any issues. Just not Rhode Island.
Covid test when they return.

Anon
Can they travel between states with any issues. Just not Rhode Island.
Covid test when they return.
Not all states. MA is fine with travelers from NE (except RI), NY and NJ.

So it’s business as usual for Jr hockey? Just no checking?

Anon
So it’s business as usual for Jr hockey? Just no checking?
Well, it's more than just no checking, the whole face mask for centers thing and the social distancing on the bench needs to be worked out, but yes.

I've said all along that Tier III junior could benefit, in the end. They don't depend on fans or advertising, they have flexibility to hold their games wherever and at whatever time they want, and the quality of play could actually improve as players filter down from Tier II and NCDC.

If tier 2 has a problem then yes there could be some "filter down" to tier 3, but if Tier 2 is a go as planned then equally there could be some movement upwards from midget/tier3 to fill open spots due to Covid etc.

anon
If tier 2 has a problem then yes there could be some "filter down" to tier 3, but if Tier 2 is a go as planned then equally there could be some movement upwards from midget/tier3 to fill open spots due to Covid etc.

NAHL is not going as planned. Two teams have folded. That's - at this stage - 60 players, minimum, that will look to catch on somewhere else, bumping someone else, or bump down.

Then you have the closed border. Who knows how many people that is from Junior A that need to find a spot in the U.S.

It won't be a flood of players but you will have some leakage from Prep and HS to Tier III junior. My kid would be.

And, the NCAA announced last week that players can play amateur hockey without impacting their eligibility for the 2020/21 season. I don't know how many players that will be.

I don't buy that kids at the Tier II level are staying home because of COVID risk. Sorry.