The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What's the over/under date for the NCDC to cancel season?

Anon
Spot on. There are no 04 players in the league. They would be destroyed physically if they did. There are very few 03s in the league. The minimum age right now is 02. Most of the league is 00s and 01s.
Well, Jr Bruins have 3 04s and 2 03s in today’s game, might have been the most talented kids on the ice, however they did lose to a lot physically dominant Kings team

Anon
Ten positive cases were reported from a rink in NJ where an NAHL and EHL team were having their camps (plus of course youth hockey etc.) Rink is shut down for 14 days.

That doesn't mean the teams are shut down, they just have to find an alternate surface, kids get rapid tested, life goes on.

And, the league isn't shut down because of it.

So to say that a league should shut down entirely because of one case, or 10 cases, is just hyperbole.
Actually teams with positive cases do get shut down and have been for 7-14 days depending on the scenario. Not whole leagues though to my knowledge.

Anon
Anon
Ten positive cases were reported from a rink in NJ where an NAHL and EHL team were having their camps (plus of course youth hockey etc.) Rink is shut down for 14 days.

That doesn't mean the teams are shut down, they just have to find an alternate surface, kids get rapid tested, life goes on.

So to say that a league should shut down entirely because of one case, or 10 cases, is just hyperbole.
Actually teams with positive cases do get shut down and have been for 7-14 days depending on the scenario. Not whole leagues though to my knowledge.
Every state is different.

Anon

You must be talking about the titans in Middletown, and they do not have that many cases. The organization was **** down for two weeks because George the owner thinks he is above law/rules, and the health department oversaw the initial cleaning of the facility after a u16 and a u18 tested positive. Department of health did an unannounced visit, and saw many kids and coaches inside without masks and not distancing so the health department shut down the facility for two weeks. It was not a choice by the organization. The state shut it down.

BA NCDC team now under quarantine/forced testing. Billet house full of kids have it, didn't tell anyone and spread it all over rinks in NH.

Well done..

anon
BA NCDC team now under quarantine/forced testing. Billet house full of kids have it, didn't tell anyone and spread it all over rinks in NH.

Well done..
I believe Islanders also in quarantine

The Jr B's 04's are the best players in the country...just ask their dads!

Multiple NCDC teams now with Covid spread. Games will be cancelled

Anon
It’s a long season. Games can be rescheduled, and unlike other levels, they can be played any day of the week and any time. Easy peasy.

Anon
Anon
It’s a long season. Games can be rescheduled, and unlike other levels, they can be played any day of the week and any time. Easy peasy.
That didn't take long! NCDC games cancelled until October..its just the beginning

3 more NCDC teams with positive cases. Not good, the kids will be fine but more cancellations, contact tracing and testing

Anon
3 more NCDC teams with positive cases. Not good, the kids will be fine but more cancellations, contact tracing and testing
Junior Bruins, Kings, Islanders all shutting down quickly. Gotta hand it to the orgs. Good job boys!

Wait, what???

It’s the flu for kids, if even that...

How are NCDC games being played in Mass with no checking/contact, player busses, jammed locker rooms with full rosters and 6 feet apart on benches, etc, etc,?

It's insane - call it a season and be done before someone gets sick and God forbid dies - every week another team having players positive - then the entire teams tests and quarantines - it's all about the $ and not the people playing.

ND
It's insane - call it a season and be done before someone gets sick and God forbid dies - every week another team having players positive - then the entire teams tests and quarantines - it's all about the $ and not the people playing.
actually I think its about making sure our kids are getting the chance to play the game they love ,instead of being locked inside playing video games, drinking mt. Dew and eating sprites. This is a weak ass virus with an over 99% recovery rate. We gonna do this with every variation of a virus forever? There is nobody stopping any parent from pulling their kid(s) if thats what they think is appropriate. Stop whining about it on here

ND
Oh, please. Such a Karen response. Go back to your bunker. It’s a speed bump. The season can easily go until May and they can play any day, any time. This isn’t youth hockey.

“God forbid dies.” Could you be more melodramatic? How’s the mortality rate among elite athletes 16-21 testing positive look to you? How many decimals? Probably more than the average calculator.

Ask ANY kid playing junior if they want the season shut down.

Anon
ND
Oh, please. Such a Karen response. Go back to your bunker. It’s a speed bump. The season can easily go until May and they can play any day, any time. This isn’t youth hockey.

“God forbid dies.” Could you be more melodramatic? How’s the mortality rate among elite athletes 16-21 testing positive look to you? How many decimals? Probably more than the average calculator.

Ask the kids? Great plan! Your confusing emotion with being an adult. Easy question, what is the right thing to do? What does the science say? Do the benefits outweigh the risk? I cant be the smartest one in the room, am I?
It looks like teams play 1 game, quarantine until negative tests come back 5-7 days, play 1 game, repeat..Are these teams practicing daily? Is it worth it?

What teams aren't playing? There were several local NCDC games being played this weekend.

Anon
What teams aren't playing? There were several local NCDC games being played this weekend.
Guy has no clue. Defending a point and needs to resort to hyperbole to do it.

For the most part teams aren't quarantining. There's a positive case, or an exposure, kids go get a rapid test, back at practice the next day.

My kid went to an Urgent Care last week, five of his teammates were on the same line.

Anon
Lets see, what NCDC teams have had cases so far:
Jr Bruins
Islanders
Boston Advantage
Pal Islanders

So they all played 1 or 2 games, been sitting or just starting to sit for 2 weeks..Do you think its over? Its just started, so 17 games are scheduled for October 9th -19th, lets see how many are played! Don't get me wrong I am praying daily that these kids all get their shot but also realistic this is going to be a dumpster fire.

anon
Anon
Jr Bruins
Islanders
Boston Advantage
Pal Islanders

So they all played 1 or 2 games, been sitting or just starting to sit for 2 weeks..Do you think its over? Its just started, so 17 games are scheduled for October 9th -19th, lets see how many are played! Don't get me wrong I am praying daily that these kids all get their shot but also realistic this is going to be a dumpster fire.
Lets add some Premier teams to the list:
Caroling Jr Hurricanes
Atlanta Mad Hatters

anon
anon
Anon
Jr Bruins
Islanders
Boston Advantage
Pal Islanders

Lets add some Premier teams to the list:
Caroling Jr Hurricanes
Atlanta Mad Hatters
Let’s add South Shore Kings NCDC

anon
Anon
Jr Bruins
Islanders
Boston Advantage
Pal Islanders

Now there are 14 games scheduled..this is fun!

Anon
anon
Anon
Jr Bruins
Islanders
Boston Advantage
Pal Islanders

Now 12! #****covid

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Jr Bruins
Islanders
Boston Advantage
Pal Islanders

Now 12! #****covid
Now 11

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Jr Bruins
Islanders
Boston Advantage
Pal Islanders

Now 12! #****covid
Now 11
No one cares.

No hockey in NH allowed? Now what? Or can junior hockey still play?

Anon
Nope.

The primary spread is from academy teams. Seacoast and Wolves, to be precise. But once it gets to the junior team it temds to spread if they have a team room.

Just too many hours in the rink and not enough precautions.

Anon
You watch, MA next in line...sad.

Anon
Anon
ND

Ask the kids? Great plan! Your confusing emotion with being an adult. Easy question, what is the right thing to do? What does the science say? Do the benefits outweigh the risk? I cant be the smartest one in the room, am I?
It looks like teams play 1 game, quarantine until negative tests come back 5-7 days, play 1 game, repeat..Are these teams practicing daily? Is it worth it?
You know these kids are adults, right? The vast majority are 18 and over.

And, the science? The science says there is an infinitesimally larger risk from hockey being played. Not zero, but tangential to zero.

Anything else you'd like to ask before you go back to the kiddie board?

You're probably the dad looking for power skating for his 8 year old.

Love you men who assume it's a Dad being a Karen - 100 bucks says it's a woman - because they're smarter!

PK
Love you men who assume it's a Dad being a Karen - 100 bucks says it's a woman - because they're smarter!
"Karen" has become gender neutral. Man, woman, doesn't matter. Even if it's a guy, they lost their balls a long time ago. Probably to a "Karen."