Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Did NAHL receive an exemption?

Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
College must have, too. First game on HE schedule is UNH @ BC next Friday. On NESN.
Guidance specifically says collegiate and professional leagues are exempt.
Not seeing that in the Standards. I do see "The guidelines in this document are designed to provide instructions to Facility Operators and Activity Organizers of youth and adult amateur sports activities to help protect against the spread of COVID-19." To me, that vccovers junior and NCAA.

Is there something I'm not finding?
Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports. HE already has approval for it's season and the guidelines they will follow under a separate agreement.
Juniors absolutely is amateur and are subject to the guidelines and any enforcement.

HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
College must have, too. First game on HE schedule is UNH @ BC next Friday. On NESN.
Not seeing that in the Standards. I do see \"The guidelines in this document are designed to provide instructions to Facility Operators and Activity Organizers of youth and adult amateur sports activities to help protect against the spread of COVID-19.\" To me, that vccovers junior and NCAA.

Is there something I\'m not finding?
Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports. HE already has approval for it's season and the guidelines they will follow under a separate agreement.
Juniors absolutely is amateur and are subject to the guidelines and any enforcement.
"Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports."

Haha, is this part of the O'Bannon lawsuit?

Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
Not seeing that in the Standards. I do see \\\"The guidelines in this document are designed to provide instructions to Facility Operators and Activity Organizers of youth and adult amateur sports activities to help protect against the spread of COVID-19.\\\" To me, that vccovers junior and NCAA.

Is there something I\\\'m not finding?
Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports. HE already has approval for it\'s season and the guidelines they will follow under a separate agreement.
"Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports."

Haha, is this part of the O'Bannon lawsuit?
I'm not sure what your angle is or why maybe you'd like to see the HE season not happen? Perhaps your boy was not good enough. I'm sorry that you disagree but the HE season schedule announcement found below is dated Wednesday Nov 11th, which is several days after the K-12/Amateur guidelines came out. As I said, the NCAA and Professional sports are not subject to the current MA youth sports guidelines.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles/2020/11/hockey-east-announces-2020-21-schedule-return-to-play-details.pdf

HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
Not seeing that in the Standards. I do see \\\\\\\"The guidelines in this document are designed to provide instructions to Facility Operators and Activity Organizers of youth and adult amateur sports activities to help protect against the spread of COVID-19.\\\\\\\" To me, that vccovers junior and NCAA.

Is there something I\\\\\\\'m not finding?
Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports. HE already has approval for it\\\'s season and the guidelines they will follow under a separate agreement.
\"Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports.\"

Haha, is this part of the O\'Bannon lawsuit?
I'm not sure what your angle is or why maybe you'd like to see the HE season not happen? Perhaps your boy was not good enough. I'm sorry that you disagree but the HE season schedule announcement found below is dated Wednesday Nov 11th, which is several days after the K-12/Amateur guidelines came out. As I said, the NCAA and Professional sports are not subject to the current MA youth sports guidelines.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles/2020/11/hockey-east-announces-2020-21-schedule-return-to-play-details.pdf
Jesus, it was just an observation from a Tweet I saw. Relax, man. It's a Discussion Board.

My opinion....Jr teams should be exempt. Bubble them up, give them rules and let them play!

I get the pandemic but the clock is ticking for these kids...

Hockey has become the scapegoat...Basketball is getting a free pass...

So..
They cant leave mass. That gives the 3-4 teams to play.
Thanksgiving and Christmas break Might as well stayed home this year

Anon
My opinion....Jr teams should be exempt. Bubble them up, give them rules and let them play!

I get the pandemic but the clock is ticking for these kids...

Hockey has become the scapegoat...Basketball is getting a free pass...
Hockey is certainly being featured visually as the face of youth/amateur sport Covid spread, however all sports are subject to Baker's rules including basketball. Only reason hockey is taking all the flak now is because football disappeared until end of February. If you can remember in late July early August there were numerous reports and angry Baker pressers about unauthorized HS football camps and practices with Covid spread. Had football been allowed to continue, that's where all the focus would be now but inevitably we'd still be in the same spot.

Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
Not seeing that in the Standards. I do see \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The guidelines in this document are designed to provide instructions to Facility Operators and Activity Organizers of youth and adult amateur sports activities to help protect against the spread of COVID-19.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" To me, that vccovers junior and NCAA.

Is there something I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not finding?
Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports. HE already has approval for it\\\\\\\'s season and the guidelines they will follow under a separate agreement.
\\\"Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports.\\\"

Haha, is this part of the O\\\'Bannon lawsuit?
I\'m not sure what your angle is or why maybe you\'d like to see the HE season not happen? Perhaps your boy was not good enough. I\'m sorry that you disagree but the HE season schedule announcement found below is dated Wednesday Nov 11th, which is several days after the K-12/Amateur guidelines came out. As I said, the NCAA and Professional sports are not subject to the current MA youth sports guidelines.

Jesus, it was just an observation from a Tweet I saw. Relax, man. It's a Discussion Board.
then discuss the facts...

https://www.mass.gov/news/massachusetts-to-temporarily-pause-all-indoor-ice-rink-and-ice-skating-facilities-operations

"College and professional programs are exempt from this order."

Just Sayin
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
HeadCoach
Anon
Not seeing that in the Standards. I do see \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The guidelines in this document are designed to provide instructions to Facility Operators and Activity Organizers of youth and adult amateur sports activities to help protect against the spread of COVID-19.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" To me, that vccovers junior and NCAA.

Is there something I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not finding?
Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports. HE already has approval for it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s season and the guidelines they will follow under a separate agreement.
\\\\\\\"Collegiate sports are not considered amateur sports.\\\\\\\"

Haha, is this part of the O\\\\\\\'Bannon lawsuit?
I\\\'m not sure what your angle is or why maybe you\\\'d like to see the HE season not happen? Perhaps your boy was not good enough. I\\\'m sorry that you disagree but the HE season schedule announcement found below is dated Wednesday Nov 11th, which is several days after the K-12/Amateur guidelines came out. As I said, the NCAA and Professional sports are not subject to the current MA youth sports guidelines.

Jesus, it was just an observation from a Tweet I saw. Relax, man. It\'s a Discussion Board.
then discuss the facts...

https://www.mass.gov/news/massachusetts-to-temporarily-pause-all-indoor-ice-rink-and-ice-skating-facilities-operations

"College and professional programs are exempt from this order."
I did. That was the pause. Not the Standards.

It's a logical assumption, but these kinds of things aren't supposed to be based on assumptions. The standards are very clear. Youth and Adult Amateur Sports. NCAA hockey is an amateur sport. That is a fact.

You have a hair across you ass on this for some reason, not sure why....

https://www.mass.gov/doc/safety-standards-for-youth-and-adult-amateur-sports-activities-phase-iii-step-2-effective-11720/download

Part 3, paragraph 2, last line - "These guidelines do not apply to professional or collegiate sports."

Just Sayin
https://www.mass.gov/doc/safety-standards-for-youth-and-adult-amateur-sports-activities-phase-iii-step-2-effective-11720/download

Part 3, paragraph 2, last line - "These guidelines do not apply to professional or collegiate sports."
Thank you. It totally makes sense, but believe that may have been left out of the original version. It wasn't there before.

Anon
Maine in Attleboro for a two game set today and tomorrow.
Probably because of people like you, today's game canceled. Are you happy now, Nancy?

Anon.
Anon
Maine in Attleboro for a two game set today and tomorrow.
Probably because of people like you, today's game canceled. Are you happy now, Nancy?
Yeah, it's my fault because I posted something on the DBoard.

They played yesterday and someone probably got a call to say "what the **** were you thinking?

Feel bad for the team from Maine, long way drive for one game.