The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NCDC bubble

Feedback on the bubble? I was skeptical but it seems like it was a success abs should be a yearly event? No dog in the fight

Re: NCDC bubble

It was a great experience for the players.
Outside of exposure/development which is always arguable with any of these non USHL/NAHL leagues..

But for kids to get off to a remote site(away from the BS new england restrictions), focus on hockey, and develop as people away from home it was great.

I don't expect my kid to get a scholarship from the trip but the expense was worth their development.

Experience
It was a great experience for the players.
Outside of exposure/development which is always arguable with any of these non USHL/NAHL leagues..

But for kids to get off to a remote site(away from the BS new england restrictions), focus on hockey, and develop as people away from home it was great.

I don't expect my kid to get a scholarship from the trip but the expense was worth their development.
So basically the kids who didn't go didn't miss much and save a few thousand bucks

Ur right. Total money grab. They charged kids five figures to leave New England even tho it hurt their already slim chances of playing in college. No coach is going down to Florida to look at players. If the NCDC were smarter, they would have stayed home.

PG
Ur right. Total money grab. They charged kids five figures to leave New England even tho it hurt their already slim chances of playing in college. No coach is going down to Florida to look at players. If the NCDC were smarter, they would have stayed home.
Get your facts straight. No one paid 5 figures (some paid nothing at all) and some kids committed while they were down there. Yes they were probably already being looked at but it certainly didn’t hurt them. And the teams got to play against the teams outside of their own states which they couldn’t do because of Northern governor restrictions.