Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why the half-shields?

The goal of most players in US junior leagues is to play NCAA; right? So, why do they wear half-shields when they must wear full shields/cages in college?

Seems to me that, if they were serious about preparing kids to play NCAA, the would make the conditions as similar as possible.

Re: Why the half-shields?

Anon1
The goal of most players in US junior leagues is to play NCAA; right? So, why do they wear half-shields when they must wear full shields/cages in college?

Seems to me that, if they were serious about preparing kids to play NCAA, the would make the conditions as similar as possible.
Hey dum dum.

The goal of most players is pro leagues where they wear half shields.

What’s your point.

Reality is. Kids can’t wait to be of age to rock that half shield and feel like they are a man.

Hopefully the parents didn't risk blowing their $5k spent on braces to have them just wear a visor.

anon
Hopefully the parents didn't risk blowing their $5k spent on braces to have them just wear a visor.
You guys are exposing yourselves as people who never played the sport.

Nothing wrong with that.

But. You just don’t understand that after 18. Stitches and a missing chiclet are a source of pride for hockey players.

Anon
anon
Hopefully the parents didn\'t risk blowing their $5k spent on braces to have them just wear a visor.
You guys are exposing yourselves as people who never played the sport.

Nothing wrong with that.

But. You just don’t understand that after 18. Stitches and a missing chiclet are a source of pride for hockey players.
As 10k of Dental/ OMF work

Repeat after me, “PREP SCHOOL IS FOR BOOK WORMS AND TIN FOIL LIBERAL RETARDS.” Do you understand now?