email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Abusive coach

Anon
Some of these coaches it's "game-time" behavior you are seeing. If you actually knew them, they are some of the nicest people you could meet.
They used to tell us that at Assabet as well.

Maybe, but he's not making them better. Tell that to the player on the ice squeezing his stick so hard he can't wait to get rid of the puck.

That's nothing. I just heard some stories from a NAHL player in the Southern Division that would blow your mind - stuff that happens in practice is almost impossible to believe. Not sure why players, the league, or USA hockey puts up with such throwback crap.

Strongly suggest your kids do some homework on these coaches before just jumping at a team. Its a long year with a coach that the kid has a problem with. Not worth the time.

parent
I know that there are a ton of youth coaches that get too excited on the bench and scream out and yell all game long. But when your at the junior level youd hope the coaches would be more adult and cerebral. Just watched a USPHL game last weekend and one of the coaches was out of his mind screaming BODY!, MOVE IT!, TOUGHEN UP!, ARE YOU F#$%'N KIDDING ME!, GET THE F#&k OFF! and so on to these teenage kids, then berating them further when they got back to the bench.

No I'm not a bookworm sissy, I played through college but never was ABUSED by the coach like I heard this past weekend. This isnt pro, college, or even USHL or NAHL, its pay to play tier3. And these parents are actually paying for that?

Well if daddy is on here complaining about a junior coach it’s very clear why the kid is soft as ****. Have a good day if you can’t survive juniors how are you going to survive college when your just a piece of meat to the coach and he’s looking to replace your kid everyday for 3 years straight.

There are many juniors coaches who abuse players. One I know Shoots pucks at kids, calls them retarded, stupid, threatens to ruin their career. Yeah, but he owns the team so kids have to suck it up.