The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Too soon

Looking at some of the local 03’s and 02’s that are playing HE this year. Seems they would have been better off playing in USHL to develop. I’m not for playing and aging out in juniors but looking at how they aren’t really keeping up or dressing every game wouldn’t it just make sense to spend one year developing?

Re: Too soon

Anon
Looking at some of the local 03’s and 02’s that are playing HE this year. Seems they would have been better off playing in USHL to develop. I’m not for playing and aging out in juniors but looking at how they aren’t really keeping up or dressing every game wouldn’t it just make sense to spend one year developing?
Maybe

Anon
Perhaps

You are right...USHL would have been smarter move for all of them - just not ready.

Don't know why anyone would think an 18 year old should be playing college hockey with and against 24-25 year olds.

Waste of a year of elegibility.

Actually, those that are playing college hockey at age 24-25 wasted a lot of time.

Anon
Actually, those that are playing college hockey at age 24-25 wasted a lot of time.
Preaching to the choir.. that’s just how it is and nobody will ever fix it.

Maybe they just aren’t as good as they were as a pee wee? Coming to terms with this is hard.

I most of the younger freshman are in the class of getting everything handed to them because of their hockey ties (last name/NTDP), some have to earn thier minutes - nothing wrong with that. Tough to do against 23-25 year old upper classmen but some might be better for it. Even some of the brand name kids are seeing their minutes take a downward trend.

I don't see what the rush is other than they were given the opportunity by the school so they took it.

Honestly, my kid hates it out in the USHL. Didn't sign his NLI and is very much considering D3 over spending another year out there to potentially get decommitted anyway.

Whatever your path, as long as it provides clarity...it is worth it.