The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COVID migration

The CCHL and OJ players are jumping ship to America. Juniors leagues in the US already scoffing players up. COVID Canada scared again

Re: COVID migration

A friend has a son who plays in one of the leagues you mention. He is under the impression that the leagues are "paused" for the month of January, and have promised to complete their full season upon return. Of course, this begs the question what happens if our Canadian friends extend the "pause" or, worse, expand the pause to affect OHL, WHL or BCHL teams.

Setting aside the question whether the reactions are warranted, I am concerned that governmental entities, associations and league officials will panic and shut things down again. I am also concerned that vaccine mandates will inspire/force teams/payers to avoid certain cities.

The Canadians can stay home and reap what they have sown for electing the leaders they have. American players should not be displaced and their positions taken/playing time cut and development hindered to make room for Canadians because their elected officials are Covid Karens.

Sniffles.

"for electing the leaders they have"

Let's see. Adult leadership, acting like adults, less crime, sane gun control, nationalized healthcare, rational immigration policies, hockey on TV almost every night....if it wasn't for the weather most sane Americans would leave tomorrow.

anon
"for electing the leaders they have"

Let's see. Adult leadership, acting like adults, less crime, sane gun control, nationalized healthcare, rational immigration policies, hockey on TV almost every night....if it wasn't for the weather most sane Americans would leave tomorrow.
then move there

I think the guy mentioned the weather. Try to keep up.

Then tell him/her to move to Cuba. Nice weather. Similar politics.

Good one😂