Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Roster Cuts This week

Thought the same thing as the OP but you have to realize that even D3 schools want a year or 2 of Juniors now. Kid has to really want it in order to compete for a spot anywhere at this point.

People have to stop, think, and keep repeating this to find some serenity -
Unless you are in the 2% tagged to be a professional player and getting paid to play, it does not matter one bit, other than ego and bragging, what level you play in college.
You will be working a job when you graduate and paying to play hockey like everyone else.
Weekly mens league games all over North America are filled with former D1, D3, ACHA, and even High School players, all on the same ice and none of them are getting paid.
When you stop chasing you can start enjoying.

anon
People have to stop, think, and keep repeating this to find some serenity -
Unless you are in the 2% tagged to be a professional player and getting paid to play, it does not matter one bit, other than ego and bragging, what level you play in college.
You will be working a job when you graduate and paying to play hockey like everyone else.
Weekly mens league games all over North America are filled with former D1, D3, ACHA, and even High School players, all on the same ice and none of them are getting paid.
When you stop chasing you can start enjoying.

Then this message needs to passed down to JR coaches and organizations. If it doesn't matter then why pick a team and then cut them? I agree with you but it’s not reality.

Agree 100%. I would add that playing a sport in is hard, very time consuming and tiring.

So, should I look into what the early termination terms are on the lease that we just signed if our kid was a healthy scratch in the first 2 games? Can’t see this working out. Hearing kids coming in for Monday practice. Heck, he can’t crack the lineup now. Should have taken that spot in college.