Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NAHL Stats

anony
Anon
My son played in USPHL Premier as a 16 year old, he scored 5 goals in 12 games, was officially credited with zero. 3 were breakaways..lol. Then a NAHL team says to him, your production should be better in USPHL, he says, it is, I just dont get credit for anything I do. Eventually went onto NA and then USHL, but the NA records keeping was not very good either.

usphl was hands down the worst. Half the actual league games my son's team played, the stats were not tracked and the ones that were, often had mistakes. You never knew when they were going to track them. Kids that played just for a game or two or who were injured continued to tally games played even though they weren't actually playing. HC only tracked goals and primary assists that he physically observed, so stats that he tracked were not correct either. The D barely had any points.
Mine had about 10 assists that were announced during the game taken away at a later time

They claimed they reviewed all the stats for accuracy from the game tapes

Same situation where college coaches said "he's not producing enough" and it hurt him

You are aware when they say that it’s them really saying your not very good we just don’t want to tell you that we are passing on you unless a few other kids tell us no.

If your in the usphl or EHL yes you will need 30+ points at least but if your in ncdc or Nahl that will be good enough for D3

Get yourself HockeyTV, clip it all, make your own videos to send to coaches. It's the only thing that doesn't lie! Disgree, we have seen many players from USPHL Premier go to D3 schools after aging out.

I personally heard a D3 coach decline a starting usphl forward last year, I asked why and he said because he wasn't at least a point per game, and he was going to pick up someone who was.
So yes stats matter there.

anon
I personally heard a D3 coach decline a starting usphl forward last year, I asked why and he said because he wasn't at least a point per game, and he was going to pick up someone who was.
So yes stats matter there.

That has always been one of the barometers. To move up a level, you should be a PPG player at your current level.

Anon
You are aware when they say that it’s them really saying your not very good we just don’t want to tell you that we are passing on you unless a few other kids tell us no.

If your in the usphl or EHL yes you will need 30+ points at least but if your in ncdc or Nahl that will be good enough for D3
This was in the NAHL and he's playing D-1 now so...

anon
Anon

So many D1 dads on this board.. it’s crazy! Do you get good nuggets here to pass along to your 21-25 year old D1 player or are you here to help others, or are you a liar? Do you come here to make sure nobody is bad mouthing your sons D1 team? Move on, seriously.

Anon
anon
Anon

This was in the NAHL and he\'s playing D-1 now so...
So many D1 dads on this board.. it’s crazy! Do you get good nuggets here to pass along to your 21-25 year old D1 player or are you here to help others, or are you a liar? Do you come here to make sure nobody is bad mouthing your sons D1 team? Move on, seriously.
Isn't this the Junior AND College Hockey board?

I come here for the entertainment

anon
Anon

My son is in the NAHL too (not in the Northeast), he is a D1 commit, there are several other D1 commits on the team, some came in with it, others recently committed. Yes, it is more common to have D1 commits in the USHL, but that isn’t the only way. ESP for a younger guy, who may get more minutes in the NAHL… seems like it’s less sophisticated hockey, rougher, players make more mistakes and in a way prepares you for crazy situations. Just another avenue.

Congrats to your son.
However, I do agree with the previous poster - interesting that according to NCAA statistics over 98% do NOT play D1, but somehow the parents of those 2 players out of 100 are on this board posting and complaining.

The parents of the other 98 players have lives of their own...thus not on dbored

Can coaches in the USPHL have the stats corrected with the league if they are missed? How does that work?

Anon
Can coaches in the USPHL have the stats corrected with the league if they are missed? How does that work?
Of course they can, most won’t, but they can. NCDC is good about correcting, the rest of the leagues in USPHL are not. Some teams let the players post in the app.

Someone on staff - instat as well.