email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which League

anon
Honestly, wherever your kid is going to get lots of ice time, PP, PK, etc..I think EHL has better coaching but Premier has better competition. Fee's are similar. 10-12K all in for a season is about right. Both move kids to D3 after aging out, I don't believe many players move on to school prior to that in either league.
Again, playing time should be crucial to your decision, also billeting has to be considered, nothing better than sleeping in your own bed every night and having a familiar routine along with support system.
Not sure if that helps?

EHL.

I would watch a few teams from each play a game. Where does your kid fit it?

I’m totally confused here.

Are we talking about kids that didn’t make USHL, NAHL, BCHL, etc now paying $12k per year for 2-4 years to maybe play D3 hockey?

Think about that. It’s insane.

If you don’t make one of the Tier 1 or Tier 2 teams, it’s time to move on with either education or a trade.

Play club hockey, beer league or spend time doing something else.

Good grief.

Anon
I’m totally confused here.

Are we talking about kids that didn’t make USHL, NAHL, BCHL, etc now paying $12k per year for 2-4 years to maybe play D3 hockey?

Think about that. It’s insane.

If you don’t make one of the Tier 1 or Tier 2 teams, it’s time to move on with either education or a trade.

Play club hockey, beer league or spend time doing something else.

Good grief.
So, your not confused at all? That’s exactly 100% what we are talking about, like you are dead nuts understanding it.

In US, the only recognized Tier 1 program is USHL and only Tier 2 is NAHL.

Anything else is a waste of time and money and time to move on with life.

Who died and made you Bobby Orr? Why do you care or make judgements like this? It's a free country. What is good for one young person may not be for another but I met my wife and won a national championship at one those -insane d3 schools. Did I take the wrong path! Was I insane? Your just a Jack off who never played

Simple, both similar so go where he fits and will play more. Top teams in both have players that probably could play tier2 somewhere but didn't and get tons of ice time so factor that in where he will slot in and how much he will play.