Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Junior & College Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jr bruins

Maybe this should be on a different post but seeing it was titled Jr Bruins does anyone know if they have a skating coach for their Jr teams? Trying to compare a few programs that have reached out to my son and thought it would be good to do a little research of my own instead of just taking the programs word for anything. My son spoke to a few kids on the Hitmen (both NCDC and Premier) and they do have a skating coach at least once a week that also works with individual skaters during the week.

Anon
Maybe this should be on a different post but seeing it was titled Jr Bruins does anyone know if they have a skating coach for their Jr teams? Trying to compare a few programs that have reached out to my son and thought it would be good to do a little research of my own instead of just taking the programs word for anything. My son spoke to a few kids on the Hitmen (both NCDC and Premier) and they do have a skating coach at least once a week that also works with individual skaters during the week.
No the Bruins do not at this time

If by a skating coach you mean someone who yells "SKATE!" then yes.
They also have a checking coach, he screams "BAH-DEE!".

anon
If by a skating coach you mean someone who yells "SKATE!" then yes.
They also have a checking coach, he screams "BAH-DEE!".
Yeah, not quite what we are looking for..:grin:

anon
anon
If by a skating coach you mean someone who yells \"SKATE!\" then yes.
They also have a checking coach, he screams \"BAH-DEE!\".
I suspect there probably not looking for your kid either :laughing:

Anon
anon
anon
If by a skating coach you mean someone who yells \\\"SKATE!\\\" then yes.
They also have a checking coach, he screams \\\"BAH-DEE!\\\".
I suspect there probably not looking for your kid either :laughing:
Then we are all good

Well, they hit 50 players today! That should tell you all you need to know about how "development" works at that organization.

NCDC as a whole is a mess. New England kids getting cut for Canadians, Euros, or other US born players. Was originally created so local kids wouldn't have to go to Midwest to play competitive Jr hockey. That went to crap very quickly. My suggestion, do not sign a tender with any NCDC team. Go out for as many NAHL teams as you can and hopefully get picked up on a roster for a game or 2. Then once you get cut from NAHL, you can pretty much pick a NCDC team to play for, regardless of skill.

Lol. They are bringing guys from their U16 team to NCDC while they have 10 other healthy scratches. Sounds like a great team to be part of. Lets see how bad they lose today. Thank you by the way, we need a win!

You have no ide how much fun we have watching at practice and then getting scratched for a little kid bro.. it’s the best

Son is out of there. Very unorganized, pulling in younger, less experienced guys while pushing older guys to other bruins teams does not get you Wins. He’s been all over the US and this was the worst hockey/ coaching experience.

My son has been there a few years, as nice as it is to have no Tuition the program is a mess. There really is no development path for players and the head Coach of the top Jr program is more concerned with coaching his own kids team so he just pushes kids out if the team is losing games, this year has been awful for this, they have had at least 60 players dress this season and then wonder why there is no team chemistry. Appreciative for the opportunity but moving on for last year of Jrs.

Anon
My son has been there a few years, as nice as it is to have no Tuition the program is a mess. There really is no development path for players and the head Coach of the top Jr program is more concerned with coaching his own kids team so he just pushes kids out if the team is losing games, this year has been awful for this, they have had at least 60 players dress this season and then wonder why there is no team chemistry. Appreciative for the opportunity but moving on for last year of Jrs.
Its sad actually but not unusual. Years back teams like the Monarchs with Tremblay coaching and even further back Springfield with Dineen were cranking out first rounders, then when they were gone the organization sputtered and the Bruins came on strong. But like the others before them the Bruins are now faltering and people are looking for who will be the new NCDC preferred landing spot. Problem is the NCDC league is such a mess no one knows where that will be.

anon
Anon
Its sad actually but not unusual. Years back teams like the Monarchs with Tremblay coaching and even further back Springfield with Dineen were cranking out first rounders, then when they were gone the organization sputtered and the Bruins came on strong. But like the others before them the Bruins are now faltering and people are looking for who will be the new NCDC preferred landing spot. Problem is the NCDC league is such a mess no one knows where that will be.
A little insight on the NCDC. Just this season the 14 teams have had 509 players rostered. Stupid league, stupid programs, stupid coaches. If all teams played in the same day, there would be over 200 scratches..Development at its finest.

Bruins added 3 more this week. Dumpster fire!!! Do not go to these guys, do your research, better options for your kid to actually play for a winning program.

Need 10 more. Those kids looked so dejected today. My son almost felt bad beating them, almost. Maybe they flew some more kids in this afternoon. Development at its finest, and to think my boy almost went there and changed his mind 1 hour before talking to them. Thank god! Don’t get me wrong, every program has pros and cons but the Bruins don’t help develop many players at all, it’s cut and replace.

Anon
Good on them for getting all of their Jr teams games at Frozen Fenway! Nice to see an organization step up and do something the kids will always remember. That is why they are a leader in the area and attract so many players.
So many teams getting a chance to skate at Fenway but not he Bruins, you know, the organization that shares the same name and logo as the NHL team from Boston. Would have gone a long way with the players, but who cares about players..Cut/Replace

Weird that they don't do some games at Fenway, would make to much sense. And yes, I don't think I have ever seen local Jr team with more turnover during the season. They could make 2 30 man rosters from what they have had in there this season. Coaching at its finest :-1:

Found out today that some really good kids decided to quit after Christmas break due to the coaching staff. Imagine that, being such a bad Jr coach that kids who loved hockey in September have been so beat down that they quit in November. Cut/Scratch/Replace.

I believe NCDC and Elite have been eliminated from the playoffs

Anon
I believe NCDC and Elite have been eliminated from the playoffs
No NCDC teams have been eliminated. 1st to last place teams in both divisions combined separated by 16pts.

So you’re saying there’s a chance! Todays final does not help!

With 60 players they must have to take the team picture as a panoramic. How does that work?

When you have 60 Jr players come through your roster the problem is NOT the players, it’s the Coaching. MA does not care 1 bit about that team, does he even show up anymore? That program will never be the same, players know what they are in for with them. Scratch/Cut/Repeat

Marlboro is a tense place right now. My son knows kids on NCDC, kids on Premier, kids on U18 and few 16’s..it’s a disaster. Over 50% leaving because of GM. I get that it’s a business but don’t say you’re about development when you’re not. Kids who grown up in the program being lied to, kids who were brought in lied to, just a very toxic situation to stay away from.

Not the boys from Woburn..they are always welcome. We will cut others for you.

Anon
When you have 60 Jr players come through your roster the problem is NOT the players, it’s the Coaching. MA does not care 1 bit about that team, does he even show up anymore? That program will never be the same, players know what they are in for with them. Scratch/Cut/Repeat
We will never send another player to that program, they treated a really good player who has won at every level like complete crap. They are spineless, and now its out, they will be in trouble for a few years to come.

Anon
Anon
We will never send another player to that program, they treated a really good player who has won at every level like complete crap. They are spineless, and now its out, they will be in trouble for a few years to come.
+1

Anon
Anon
Anon
+1
They dressed their 70th and 71st players today. 38 games, 71 players. Do the math. No development at all in this program.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
+1
They dressed their 70th and 71st players today. 38 games, 71 players. Do the math. No development at all in this program.
“How can you ask a man to be the last player to dress for a mistake?”

What would you expect from a s***bag like MA?

People just don't listen. I told my buddies kid to go somewhere else as soon as the bruins said they had "no billet available" but he went and now his hockey career is just about over. Any organization with a history of dressing 50 plus per season and not offering housing to a player is a pretty clear sign that they don't really want you that bad. Wake up folks.

Anon
People just don't listen. I told my buddies kid to go somewhere else as soon as the bruins said they had "no billet available" but he went and now his hockey career is just about over. Any organization with a history of dressing 50 plus per season and not offering housing to a player is a pretty clear sign that they don't really want you that bad. Wake up folks.
In fairness they are great used car salesmen. I mean MA is a complete P ussy and deserves a beating for treating kids like s hit but they sell that dream better than anyone. Luckily we saw it right before the season and bailed, son is having a good fun year and just committed to his top D3 school to play next year. Feel bad for those that stayed and got no looks all year. Time to hit the books because the Bruins don’t care. To bad because some of these kids came in as really good hockey players and have completely lost confidence over the season.

Oh no! Bruins lost with the Holy Cross connection and a bunch of little kids! Cut/Replace development

Went to play hockey, left with a drinking and gambling problem. Thanks Bruins.

MA leaving for Quebec just as the playoff push starts Cut/Replace Development

Current Players be aware that the players who left for Prep season will be back to take your spots just in time for the end of the season, oh and a few more AJHL/BCHL locals will also be back this week for you to be cut.

Crazy the amount of players that flow through the league:
BA- 45
CT Rangers- 33
Islanders- 38
Jersey- 44
BRUINS- 56
Mercer-39
Monarchs- 36
Cyclones- 29
PAL- 34
Rockets-37
Kings-41
THunder-49
Utica-37
WBS-52

At least the Bruins win at having the most dysfunctional roster! Cyclones is the better organization for Development. 56 Players and still cant win games, sounds like a coaching issue.