View Entire Thread
Re: Providence Capitals

Anon
Yeah it's Lovell's farm program

This is Lovell AAA program.

anon
Is this Sgt. Hulka's organizaton?

Is Sgt. Hulka coaching next season? Heard was barred from coaching next season?

Awesome organization. Don't have a single team that wins in the EHF, 10 kids per team, charges a ton of money and takes ice away from kids even know they own the rinks. Stay clear

mass exodus over last few years. crumbling program

What are you talking about? All teams but one in playoffs. Power skating coach lots of ice. Low tuition. MS coach of 06
Happy parent of two caps kids.

05 team is solid.

MS is a good coach. I don't think anyone would say anything different.

"good coach"? did you just call a guy who was thrown off the bench for yelling and swearing at his 10year old players a "good coach"? BAHAHAHA! Look at the coaches and players who he's driven away from that program in just two years.

anon
"good coach"? did you just call a guy who was thrown off the bench for yelling and swearing at his 10year old players a "good coach"? BAHAHAHA! Look at the coaches and players who he's driven away from that program in just two years. [

Your kid is still drinking out of a bottle. Go baby him some more.

I said 'good coach' because he knows the game and can teach it. Does that mean every kid gets a smiley face sticker to put on his stick? No, but I'm O.K. with that.

Well apparently The people who's opinion really counts (USA hockey) have something to say about it. I feel bad for those kids who had to listen to it and for this parents who think it's okay he speaks to kids that way.

if your kid is a town b player looking to make the jump to the EHF and lose every game by 8, this is a great program for you.

The Caps organization is decent. Can't speak on the tier 1 teams but most of the elite teams can compete. The 03,04,05, and 06 teams are competitive with the 05 team being better in the standings. Watching the 06 games I've never heard the coach swear at the kids. He seems to be very passionate about the game and gets on the kids at times but have never heard foul language directed at them.

anon
The Caps organization is decent. Can't speak on the tier 1 teams but most of the elite teams can compete. The 03,04,05, and 06 teams are competitive with the 05 team being better in the standings. Watching the 06 games I've never heard the coach swear at the kids. He seems to be very passionate about the game and gets on the kids at times but have never heard foul language directed at them.

He wakes up at 6am each morning and posts on the dboard.

Anon
anon

He wakes up at 6am each morning and posts on the dboard.

and apparently you get up at 6am to do the same thing

My son is not part of the Capitals organization, but we are very familiar with the program and its owner who runs tournament teams and other events. Anyone that knows him will say he's a great guy and a very good coach. Yes, he can be tough and demanding, but the players love playing for him. I have no problem having my son play for him because I know he will make him a better player and teach him to work hard. Life is not always easy, we can't baby are kids forever.

I agree good coach and great man off the ice. But as a owner and his new ownership group it's terrible. Can't charge as much as everyone else when your product is bad. It like Walmart charges people Whole Foods price. The products is not the same so why charge the same price. People are leaving good people/families but he doesn't care.

Like I said good coach but terrible ownership group.

All he cared about when he took over Caps was his 05 super team, neglected every other age group and coaches / kids left in bunches. His 05 team had two best players leave on their own last year and two more are leaving this year, what does that tell you? He's no longer convincing mass kids to drive to 146 and most of the good RI players drive right past his rink on the way to Foxboro. Don't know the man, only his reputation but seems like he is killing the program slowly......and no my kid didn't get cut!

I think the problem is it's difficult to convince players to come to RI when there are good alternatives close by. AS kids get older, there schedules get busy. A couple hours in the car traveling to and from is not easy. There are not enough good players in the RI area.

I know i am in the minority on this but all i need from my kid's hockey coach is for him to teach my kid hockey. That's it. I don't need to be friends with him. As long as the coach is open and honest about my son's abilities that's all that matters .MS from what i have heard can do that and he's apparently good at it.

Strange...he's still on the bench and still coaching. That is because it didn't happen. Never kicked off the bench by USA hockey. Never talked to the kids in any way you are implying. Facts really suck don't they.

He hasn't been on the 05 bench for three months and isn't listed as 05 coach for next year on his own web page. It very much did happen, so yes facts do suck.

This is laughable. He had the best kids on the south shore when they were 6. Many of those kids left and got better while his teams got weaker. This year he had a glorified town team and his best kids are leaving again. Go ahead, yell at somone! Prediction - he will be coaching Pawtucket town soon!

Sam Kinison
This is laughable. He had the best kids on the south shore when they were 6. Many of those kids left and got better while his teams got weaker. This year he had a glorified town team and his best kids are leaving again. Go ahead, yell at somone! Prediction - he will be coaching Pawtucket town soon!

Yeah look what he did with the Dynamos, or the kids in Rockland ... Many are playing post high school...be quiet.

anon
Sam Kinison

Yeah look what he did with the Dynamos, or the kids in Rockland ... Many are playing post high school...be quiet.

So what is the excuse now - by the way what hell is a Dynamo? Go drink some more kool-aid...

Sorry you're new to this whole youth hockey thing. I think the guy everyone is trying to trash has a pretty good hockey resume. If my memory serves me well the guy was an assistant coach at CM (Catholic Memorial High School), he was the head coach of the South Shore Dynanmos that won a national championship and pieced together a bunch of kids when he was at Global hockey that regularly went about New England and took tournaments from top EHF teams and likewise when he was at BA (Boston Advantage). Look through some of the local kids playing top junior, prep & high school hockey over the past few years in Massachusetts and you will see he has coached-up some pretty good players.

With that said, I wasn't all too keen on the guy when I first met him but eventually he kind of grew on me and I'd say I'm O.K. with him now. Spend a few minutes eating a pizza or two with him and he might change your mind.

anon
Sorry you're new to this whole youth hockey thing. I think the guy everyone is trying to trash has a pretty good hockey resume. If my memory serves me well the guy was an assistant coach at CM (Catholic Memorial High School), he was the head coach of the South Shore Dynanmos that won a national championship and pieced together a bunch of kids when he was at Global hockey that regularly went about New England and took tournaments from top EHF teams and likewise when he was at BA (Boston Advantage). Look through some of the local kids playing top junior, prep & high school hockey over the past few years in Massachusetts and you will see he has coached-up some pretty good players.

With that said, I wasn't all too keen on the guy when I first met him but eventually he kind of grew on me and I'd say I'm O.K. with him now. Spend a few minutes eating a pizza or two with him and he might change your mind.

Is he eating a pizza or two? Who ordered the double cheese and sausage?

Not for the reason's your stating. By the way, if USA Hockey "kicks" you off the bench...it's every bench, not just one.

If a coach is suspended by USA Hockey, he must have done something rally bad. Really bad! What did he do?

Instead of burning the tier1 teams ice time throughout the season as was done this year a good buissness man would actually throw in maybe some full sheets to the tier 1 teams and make the parents feel happy not bitter towards the organization...... Hense the mad exudes from ALL the Teir 1 teams.....Where not going to take it anymore!!!!

Hey we just got a new director. Does anyone want to come to Providence and play.

The Caps are for your typical moronic Rhode Islander that actually thinks hockey in Rhode Island is good. You all deserve each other.

Caps tryouts start tonight!

The 146 traffic is going to be outrageous. Better get there early.

Best hockey south of 128!

Huge turnout at tryouts tonight! The future looks awesome!

Scout
Huge turnout at tryouts tonight! The future looks awesome!

If you want to be slightly better than town hockey...
Oh, almost forgot, sorry your kid is about to get cut!

Looked like mostly the same kids from the 04 saints tryout and these town kids did not look any better in this rink. Big drop off between the elite players and the rest of the players.

Joke of a tryout at the 2002 level. 36 kids for 3 teams. We out of here.

Let's not get crazy about every team but one making the playoffs. The majority of teams in every division make the playoffs. Take a look at the program as a whole? Do most teams have a winning record? Are they competitive in their divisions?

Caps has a great program 2 practices 1 skills and off ice every week. They play in the EHF which is way better compitition then BHl/ premier. They charge $2700 which is way lower then a lot of programs. Tryouts are listed on their web page come and try out oh and they don't rape you for tryouts it's $65 as apposed to the greedy programs charging $100

Kings better deal for the money but your kid probably can't make it.

If you say so.