email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BHL v. Tier 1

Anon
Depends on the year. 2003 Tier 1 Black very strong this year (Terriers, Northstars, Vipers and MMF) while BHL not so much. Only the Junior Bruins could skate with Tier 1 Black.

This is true at the 2003 birth year. Most other years the BHL is superior.

Anon
Depends on the year. 2003 Tier 1 Black very strong this year (Terriers, Northstars, Vipers and MMF) while BHL not so much. Only the Junior Bruins could skate with Tier 1 Black.

Same with 06 and 07 but JR Bruins couldn't keep up

EHF Tier 1 Black is better.

No way.. BHL is more consistant because of the parity system.

BHL American is similar to the top 4 teams in the Tier 1 (both black and white)

EHF Tier 1 (Black) 04 team got swept in the NH states by town teams. Tier 2.... Is it really worth it to play in either of those?

NH
EHF Tier 1 (Black) 04 team got swept in the NH states by town teams. Tier 2.... Is it really worth it to play in either of out those?

So they played town teams? Teams with 04s and 03s? No minor and major in town right?

Overall EHF is better, however at that level not much difference. Here is an actual unbiased ranking of the leagues:

EHF Elite
Elite 9

EHF Tier 1 Black
BHL American
*top teams in BHL could compete in EHF Tier 1 Black no problem but EHF is stronger on the whole.

EHF Tier 1 White
BHL National (upper division think it is north?)
*top teams in BHL could compete in EHF Tier 1 Black no problem but EHF is stronger on the whole.

EMHL - BHL lower (think south?) - MPDHL - etc.

depends on age. MPDHL is actually better than EHF Tier 1 and BHL at the U14 and above levels. EJPL as well. Know you game rookies.

Is MPDHL the old 'Selects' league?

anon
depends on age. MPDHL is actually better than EHF Tier 1 and BHL at the U14 and above levels. EJPL as well. Know you game rookies.

You are right I would say that at the U14 level MPDHL is along same lines as EHF Tier 1, BHL U14 is terrible...

U18 is not this board, no longer "youth" hockey in my view

What? tier 1 white is horrible, maybe the top team can compete with bottom of the tier 1 black , maybe, Top 3 of the tier 1 black can compete with the middle/bottom of the pack in elite. but no one can touch the top fed elite, unless your from out of the New England area, the best e9 teams would be middle of the pack at best. BHL national this year is the worst hockey I've seen in a long time. do people still pay to be in the MPDHL and EMHL or is it free now?

Everyone knows BHL Anerican blows away EHF Tier I Black. Top 3 programs from EHF Tier I left to come to BHL 3 years ago. Only decent program in EHF Tier I league, Vipers, would jump in a minute if offered to come back to BHL.

anon
BHL American is similar to the top 4 teams in the Tier 1 (both black and white)

Tier 1 white is a much lower level then tier 1 black.