email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bandits

anon
it makes me laugh on any given day to see how parents comforting their own insecurities by trashing other kids and programs. Keep going. It makes my day every day. (Not a bandit not a knight).

Glad we could make your day

chavo
Sonny
chavo
Knights just lost a bunch of their 07's to the Bandits along with a coach. doesnt sound like the knights are in as good of shape as people think.

Next man up. That simple. 07s were declining year over year. We wish you all the best. Once the sale goes through on Bandits SP will be coaching the Conquis! Have fun Broski!

my kid doesnt play for either. just was talking to a dad who went from Knights to Bandits. Dont know much about either program just the negatives that fly on the board

Hearing kids cut from BA and placed on LKelite! Are they helping to program get back on track?

There is no elite
Click on the app. Tier 1 and MDPHL
And 06 is the only division they did this

plenty of bandits out and about this tryout week

Explain this to me. Last year with the break up of the original 06 Elite team, the Tier 1 team was called for a meeting at the beginning of September and told by the coach that the EHF required organizations to have Elite teams so the Tier 1 team would now have to play in the Elite division. No other option. One family asked if their player could play on the EMHL team since they didn't feel he was ready for Elite. The EMHL team actually needed players They were told No. Then the coach proceeded to beat down his players because they couldn't compete in Elite. It was the worst disaster of a year for confidence and player development that I have ever witnessed. The EMHL team was also told they needed to play tier 1. Now you look at the Bandits app and the 06 division has an EMHL and Tier 1 team and no Elite. Could it be that WN is a big fat bald (yes I mean bald ) LIAR? What a shame what those players had to put up with.

As mentioned by many before, allow the bottom 2 spots to be available for two play in teams. If the bandits don't make it, they play in tier 1. Maybe they rebuild in a year or two and get back in. The current model discourages the players and parents and hurts their program. Some programs may end up with a tier 1 black team and a tier 1 white team but in the end, the competition would be more suitable for their skill level. I understand about the charter members and so forth but the league may need to evolve.

I think the point is parents were lied to. There is no mandate for the Bandits to have to put a team in or why are they not putting on in for next year. Those kids could have stayed tier 1 and had no elite team. They were lied to plain and simple. The coach has proven himself to be worthless and dishonest and the organization went along with it.

Anon
I think the point is parents were lied to. There is no mandate for the Bandits to have to put a team in or why are they not putting on in for next year. Those kids could have stayed tier 1 and had no elite team. They were lied to plain and simple. The coach has proven himself to be worthless and dishonest and the organization went along with it.

I lay the blame more with the organization than with WN. You don't think the bandits organization doesn't have the final say on how things are handled? The same thing happened to this years TEIR 1 team. It's said what the kids from both teams went through.

Anon
Anon

I lay the blame more with the organization than with WN. You don't think the bandits organization doesn't have the final say on how things are handled? The same thing happened to this years TEIR 1 team. It's said what the kids from both teams went through.

This.

Stirling makes this call, not WN.

He lied? What a surprise...

anon
Anon
Anon

This.

Stirling makes this call, not WN.

He lied? What a surprise...

Don't believe for 1 second WN was not involved in the decision. He was running his mouth as soon as tryouts were over that his team was as good as elite. At the Parents meeting after tryouts he said during the meeting that his team was so good the front office was considering having the teams switch places if the Elite team wasn't performing. The tier 1 team hadn't even started practicing together, half the team was new. There is no way the front office had any idea of the skill of that team yet

Anon
Anon

This years tier 1 was not make to play Elite. That was the team ES picked.

Anon
Anon

What exactly happened to this years tier 1? You certainly won more games than last year. That should be considered an improvement. You signed tier 1 contracts, played tier 1 games and actually won a few. What was so unfair to little Johnny? It's nothing like what happened the year before

It may say that on the website but if you look at the link to 2016/2017 Tryouts and click that link the flyer says something different. My kid plays for another EHF Elite team and I'm hoping this is not correct. It's a waste for everyone to go down there and play that elite team.

SQUIRT MAJOR ELITE ‘06
Tryout Dates: 3/21 6:10PM & 3/23 6PM
Head Coach: Steve Molind (Curry College)
• Skills Coached by Brian Pothier (NHL)
• 1 (70 Min) Half Ice & 1 (60 Min) Full Ice Practice
• Bi-Weekly Off Ice Training & Bandits Gym Apparel
• 6 (50 Min) Full Ice Summer Practices
• Goalies - 7 Semi-Private Lessons with Mass Crease
• Practice Jersey & Game Socks

SQUIRT MAJOR TIER I ‘06
Tryout Dates: 3/21 6:10PM & 3/23 7PM
Head Coach: Eldon Sears
• Skills Coached by Brian Pothier (NHL)
• 1 (50 Min) Half Ice & 1 (50 Min) Full Ice Practice
• Bi-Weekly Off Ice Training & Bandits Gym Apparel
• 6 (50 Min) Full Ice Summer Practices
• Goalies - 7 Semi-Private Lessons with Mass Crease
• Practice Jersey & Game Socks

Correct. That is what was initially posted. Not click the app and you will see different. And since the coach listed for Elite has been spotted with his goalie at other tryouts, you can assume you won't have to waste poor juniors time. It must have been tragic for your Son to have to play such substandard teams. I hope he has recouped and is ready to take on the teams that are more at his level.

anon
Anon
Anon

What exactly happened to this years tier 1? You certainly won more games than last year. That should be considered an improvement. You signed tier 1 contracts, played tier 1 games and actually won a few. What was so unfair to little Johnny? It's nothing like what happened the year before

The only games the Tier 1 team won were the games that had Elite players on the ice. FACT. Just ask any of the Tier 1 teams they beat and they'll tell you. Besides 2-3 players on that team the rest are town b players at best.

I don't disagree that they had elite players there but they weren't a group of EMHL kids who got brought up out of their league to tier 1 either. They still are better than last years team so listening to a parent boo hooing about the same thing happenied this year that happened last year is a crock. They only thing they can complain about is a few elite teams occasionally taking ice time from their kid. They weren't at every game and there is always a last place team but it wasn't even then this year. It was nothing like the disaster the kids went through the year before playing elite when they joined a tier 1 team then getting reemed by a lunatic coach when they couldn't keep up with the elite teams they played

I don't think it's the tier 1 team got the shorter end of the stick over the elite team. I think it's more about both teams at that age level getting the shaft from the front office - TS and BE

How did they get the short end off the stick from the front office?

Parents have to blame themselves. 06 was a decent team, head coach left for BA, and then the parents started getting delusional and stirring all sort of crazy sh*t, which led to the blow up. Of course WN didn't make it better, but by then it was already too late. Which just shows, you all need to take a chill pill.

Take a chill pill why? The problem was with the elite team (IF parents new of any problems) why should it affected tier 1? Many parents came in new last year when the elite team broke up. And the coach leaving may have been a factor but a problem player also was on top of crazy parents. Again, that was elite and tier 1 should have never been forced to become elite so you can take a chill pill because you clearly aware of what you know but not what others were not aware of or how it affected them with no warning.

Their assembling a pretty good 06 elite team for the upcoming season.

Nice try. Check out the application. Tier 1 and MDP HL only

Anon
Their assembling a pretty good 06 elite team for the upcoming season.

The only way they could do that is by plucking players from other elite teams. There are rules against it. It will be a multi year rebuild if they want to move up the ladder unless they can take from another league.

Ya four EHF from different teams but unlimited from Lovells etc. Still doesn't change the list SM as elite coach but application tells a different story. Oh ya, the fact that SMs kid was at another orgs tryout tells the truth

Get a life. Worry about your own life, you may enjoy it more...your looking way to far into this. OLD NINNYS!!

g
Get a life. Worry about your own life, you may enjoy it more...your looking way to far into this. OLD NINNYS!!

Glad your happy at the Bandits. Must be on one of 2 teams because if you were on any other team you would understand how Parents feel

waaaaa... get to work

Really people kids are 9 if you have moved on from the Bandits why post here!

E
Really people kids are 9 if you have moved on from the Bandits why post here!

the same reason people who have left the kings or breakers or caps and had a bad experience still rip apart those orgs

At this age find a good coach and get the practices and skills offered games do not mean anything development does make sure your kid is progressing!