The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tier I is better than Elite.... or versa visea ?

OP here and not a 'troll.' I'm serious, my son played "Tier I National Bound" Midgets last year and the club's lower level Midget team I thought was called "Elite." But reading through the posts on the kiddie side of the world and it seems like Elite is higher than tier I for EHF programs....before Midgets. So if it is considered higher at what age does it flip?

The Tier 1 name is only a couple years old. It's ridiculous really. In EHF world, Tier 1 means Tier 2. So the "Tier 1" teams being referred to on this site are what the EHF used to call "AAA". Which, of course, wasn't accurate back then either since the EHF AAA was really AA.

There's also something called Premier, which in the MPDHL is the highest tier of play, a notch above Elite.

If we're talking the way almost every other region in North American classifies, we have EHF and E9 as the only Tier 1/AAA leagues in New England. The rest are Tier 2, but with a wide variation in skill level from very good to very bad.

anon
The Tier 1 name is only a couple years old. It's ridiculous really. In EHF world, Tier 1 means Tier 2. So the "Tier 1" teams being referred to on this site are what the EHF used to call "AAA". Which, of course, wasn't accurate back then either since the EHF AAA was really AA.

There's also something called Premier, which in the MPDHL is the highest tier of play, a notch above Elite.

If we're talking the way almost every other region in North American classifies, we have EHF and E9 as the only Tier 1/AAA leagues in New England. The rest are Tier 2, but with a wide variation in skill level from very good to very bad.

great answer