email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MPDHL 03 Premier Parity

anon
CT Chiefs and Predators(with all of their new Shamrock players) should make it in. Monarchs are gone. Crimson Nope.

Every team was fighting hard but all is controlled by the league. They set who you play. If they don't like a certain club they will give you the hardest teams to play in the parity round. The league controls the destiny of all.

No Boston Stars no care

anon
Every team was fighting hard but all is controlled by the league. They set who you play. If they don't like a certain club they will give you the hardest teams to play in the parity round. The league controls the destiny of all.

That's silly. The league can't know who got better or worse before the games are played. The Outlaws finished in first place last year and didn't win a game in parity. Of their five games, two were against teams from the lower division and one against the team that finished in last place last year.

The league definitely looks much improved. Strongest teams to my eyes were...

CT Chiefs - Good team, tied the Northstars last season.
Hurricanes - Much improved with Fed additions.
Express - Were strong last year, look better.
Predators - Much improved with Fed additions.
NE Stars Independent - Strong team last year, played everyone tough this weekend.

Anon
The league definitely looks much improved. Strongest teams to my eyes were...

CT Chiefs - Good team, tied the Northstars last season.
Hurricanes - Much improved with Fed additions.
Express - Were strong last year, look better.
Predators - Much improved with Fed additions.
NE Stars Independent - Strong team last year, played everyone tough this weekend.

Pretty sure the Hurricanes picked up two kids from the Bandits elite. They wore Bandits stickers on their helmets and were dominant players at this event.

Best team to watch for me was the Express. They pass the puck better than anybody we played, including the Chiefs who are clearly the best team in this group.

Biggest surprise for me was the Predators/Shamrocks. Should be a solid team in the upper division.

Biggest disappointment was the Boston Stars/Jets. Not a great showing for them but I heard they were missing players so maybe this wasn't their best group.

Chiefs stole it
Hurricanes rocked it
Express choked it
Preds. stacked it
Stars nailed it

top 5 premier
bottom 9 Select at best
Goal tending & defense way too weak for most teams. Kids passed but then what?
Bring it on....sorry Called it how I saw it and Full Disclosure, my kid did not get cut nor is he on any above mentioned teams!

anon
Chiefs stole it
Hurricanes rocked it
Express choked it
Preds. stacked it
Stars nailed it

top 5 premier
bottom 9 Select at best
Goal tending & defense way too weak for most teams. Kids passed but then what?
Bring it on....sorry Called it how I saw it and Full Disclosure, my kid did not get cut nor is he on any above mentioned teams!

so your kid is not in the premier but you go watch the parity tourney?

It appears as though you have been hit in the head a few too many times with the puck son. I read and reread the posting and nowhere does it say he doesn't play premier. Your lack of literacy deems an end to conversation. Sorry your feelings/ego twitched

How are the Max Pro Jets haha

anon
It appears as though you have been hit in the head a few too many times with the puck son. I read and reread the posting and nowhere does it say he doesn't play premier. Your lack of literacy deems an end to conversation. Sorry your feelings/ego twitched

Thanks you kindly for your concern, my ego is fine. I do bring it rarely to Hockey games though. The way I saw it Poster said he is not associated with the above teams. For me that would include the the top 5 and the bottom 9. So why would he be watching the tournament. Don't get your panties in a twist. Moving on.

this league is terrible so who cares about parity, if you win they should reward you with going to the EMHL

anon
this league is terrible so who cares about parity, if you win they should reward you with going to the EMHL

cue the EHF purists hate on the MPDHL...

If you're all done swinging your purses...

Bottom line is that this league is much improved. Last year the Boston Stars and NE Stars Independent thought they were too strong for the league but against this group they got beat 2 or 3 times each, just like everybody else.

With only one or two exceptions, everybody got beat by a team that finished below them and everybody beat a team that finished above them.

That's good balance and should provide a good environment for the kids' development.

Just look at what they did with the 13U divisions last year. They had 8 teams in the Premier and then made two divisions of Elite, one of which contained 5 teams, two of which were Outlaws teams. So people on the Outlaws had 1/4 of their schedule as glorified house league games. Whoever had that brilliant idea needs to figure out that people are not going to pay almost $3k for house league.

Anon
Just look at what they did with the 13U divisions last year. They had 8 teams in the Premier and then made two divisions of Elite, one of which contained 5 teams, two of which were Outlaws teams. So people on the Outlaws had 1/4 of their schedule as glorified house league games. Whoever had that brilliant idea needs to figure out that people are not going to pay almost $3k for house league.

agreed. it sucks for the outlaws. but the overall point was that the MPDHL premier division is improving. How should the terriers feel who have two Tier 1 teams in a lot of age groups.

Problem with most of this is that organizations can't say no to another tuition payment and just keep making more and more teams. Outlaws just added second teams when they went to the MPDHL. But then they got screwed in the parity and both their teams ended up in the Elite and in the same grouping when there were two groups at the 13U level. I know MPDHL is still new at the youth level but that was kind of an obvious thing they could have fixed.

As for the Terriers, if they are going to have 5 teams at each age level, then that will happen. They should only be entering one team into the parity tournament, with the white team just playing in the White division. EHF should be saying something about that only allowing organizations to put one team in the parity. But since the Terriers are founding members, they will be allowed to do whatever they want.

Anon
Problem with most of this is that organizations can't say no to another tuition payment and just keep making more and more teams. Outlaws just added second teams when they went to the MPDHL. But then they got screwed in the parity and both their teams ended up in the Elite and in the same grouping when there were two groups at the 13U level. I know MPDHL is still new at the youth level but that was kind of an obvious thing they could have fixed.

As for the Terriers, if they are going to have 5 teams at each age level, then that will happen. They should only be entering one team into the parity tournament, with the white team just playing in the White division. EHF should be saying something about that only allowing organizations to put one team in the parity. But since the Terriers are founding members, they will be allowed to do whatever they want.

yea all of the above makes sense. but since when is anything we and they do logical....