Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: funny blog about tryouts great read for coaches

Great, Great Stuff! Thank you

This is perfect! Glad I'm not the only coach that feels this way.

I agree with this article 99.9% but will tell you something about daddy coaches. It took me along time but i finally realized that even the most level headed, grounded coach, no matter what they say publicaly have a hidden agenda for their own kid

Anon
I agree with this article 99.9% but will tell you something about daddy coaches. It took me along time but i finally realized that even the most level headed, grounded coach, no matter what they say publicaly have a hidden agenda for their own kid

Exactly - which sort of undercuts his whole point.

That's some weak sauce... And since when does a "former NCAA goalie" (read: Club hockey or D-3 back-up goalie) know anything about 'hockey players' other than sharing a locker room with them. Plus, I bet his Beer League beer cooler has wheels on it!

obvious he's been hit in the head a few too many times.
"This new era of hockey is pathetic. Don’t get me wrong the talent is off the chart in comparison to Old-time hockey players." So if we make our 6 yr old carry his bag, beat the **** out of other players, loose his teeth and have mediocre talent, the NHL will take him as compared to his parents carrying his bag or allowing a johnny to wheel his bag. Learn to respect his teammates, coaches, refs, other players and the game. Play with class and dignity. Treat his body the same so he can stay healthy if he chooses to play in his future. Yea, sure, this was a great article after litre or two

That crack-pot has been around here for years. You can tell there is no way his kid(s) play at a very high level. My guess is Town Hockey at most which allows him and his 1960's coaching methods to coach.

Wheels on bags are fine and are much better for your child's physical health. Google search the effects of heavy book bags and the damage caused to a child's spine and you will have a much better understanding of the benefits of wheels on bags. Hockey players didn't wear helmets in the past nor did goalies, should we request that our kids wear no helmets?