anon
Skatesharp
anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
my kid hasn't been to either. But coach swears on Townsend as the best skating instructor after PV. So we might try out him out this summer.

Adam Nicholas is better than Townsend. Check him out.

Where is he out of?

he is stride envy hockey... look him up.... you kind of have to get the call to get invited to his local dates... good luck...

Wow! An invite!! He must be good!! Not even PV or Dynamic has invite only! I have never heard of this guy. Where did he play?

looked him up. he is out of maine. I must say his credentials don't look half as strong as others. but that doesn't necessarily mean something. but i strongly disliked the rocky like advertisement video.

Please name one guy who has a YouTube video and it is not similar. Yes is out of Maine but in Rhode Island / Mass all the time. He's the guy people have been talking about on the board for the past 12 months.

Carter has 80 kids on the ice as well as Townsend who charges through the nose.

if you like him, great. all i said i didn't like the video that focused more on strength workouts than on skating. And excuse me. the fact that you mentioned him as the guy who gets talked about him on this board (which by the way I haven't seen) does not really make him more credible in my book. but if you swear by him. good. i don't know him, never been to his practice nor have i heard from someone (I trust) that has. that's all. don't get all defensive because i happen to have an opinion.

Locate the search box above on this page, enter the search term "good skating instructor" hit search.

Re: Any advice

What is PV?

Me
What is PV?

Paul Vincent hockey.

anon
Me
What is PV?

Paul Vincent hockey.

Thanks!

Me
anon
Me
What is PV?

Paul Vincent hockey.

Thanks!

you're welcome

I would steer clear from Townsend. A ton of kids on the ice last time we went.

To get the most out of your money, go with Private or Semi Private lessons. Kids attention spans are typically low once the group gets over 10-15 kids.

anon
To get the most out of your money, go with Private or Semi Private lessons. Kids attention spans are typically low once the group gets over 10-15 kids.

If your kid has a hard time paying attention for an entire skills session, he's too young to be doing extra skills. Not a knock, I stopped sending my kid once I realized it was just throwing money at extra ice for the sake of extra ice. He should get enough if you are on a club team and he maintains focus on his team practices and skills. But when he comes asking for more skating, by all means send him.

It's an arms race at the younger ages and too many parents are wasting time and money on extra skills for players that are too young to realize why the extra work is worthwhile (and ultimately necessary to compete at the higher levels).

So I guess I'm agreeing with you that private/semi-private are more beneficial for younger kids, if you really want them on the ice more frequently than everyone else.

Townsend is legit. been there and he is 100% about kids and development. He has been doing this for some time and seems to have the right methods and tools to improve players!!

A
Townsend is legit. been there and he is 100% about kids and development. He has been doing this for some time and seems to have the right methods and tools to improve players!!

Yeah Bur how many kids on ice at once?