Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF & E9

anon
anon
Anon
anon
?
This EHF vs. E9 thing is getting ridiculous. First off, as has been mentioned before, EHF teams refuse to play E9 teams in scrimmages or etc. Why? I dunno, seems to me that EHF teams are leery of the fact that their team may just lose to an E9 team regardless of standings. I know for a fact that not one EHF team has agreed to play the JR. Warrior 03E team because they know the Warrior team will beat them. At least man up and let the kids play do the talking on the ice. Also at the 06 level several EHF teams have flat out refused to play the 06 Warrior or 06 Boston Advantage team in a scrimmage. A few lower level EHF teams agreed to play the 06 Spartans and Patriots teams and were beaten in a game. Same for the Warriors and BA beating middle of the pack EHF teams in tournament games. Not a blowout but at least they played the game. So my take is that the EHF powers to be are afraid to play the top E9 team, in any age group for fear of losing to them and watching the EHF reputation as a "superior" league take a hit. All I know is that my kids E9 team will play anyone, anytime, anywhere. Same can't be said for the EHF. Guess we will just have to meet up in tournaments and let the results speak for themselves. And just so everyone knows, the 06 Islanders are gonna be doormats in all leagues, in a year or so...

you're right. It is ridiculous but not because the teams won't play each other but because the subject keeps coming up. I have never once heard the kids talk about it, it's only the parents and in my experience it's mostly the E9 parents who have the inferiority complex that bring it up. We all pay $3000+ for the privilege to watch our kids play. We're all suckers and the only ones winning are the owners of each organization in both leagues.

For what it's worth the JWK at the 06 level shaped up just like you wanted, with EHF vs E9 in the playoffs and the EHF won every game. In the end it does not matter. Let the kids play hockey and have fun.

Good point about JWK, Falcons one of the lower end EHF teams knocked out Spartans the top E9 team. At least at the 06 level anyways.

I can go with that on average the EHF has the better hockey players/teams. I would also say that individual E9 teams likely can give EHF Elite teams a run for their money. I would also say that I don't see a lot of D1 commits in either league but then I am not following in detail because it doesn't really interest me at that age.
But please (!!!!) keep going with the chest beating RaRa thing which league is superior and hence you are the better parent because it makes my work day so much more fun. Carry on.

There are a vast amount of kids that have committed to D1 from the EHF. Essentially every kid from Mass/NH/RI that has committed to a D1 college over the past 15 years has played in the EHF. The E9 has never had a D1 commit to my knowledge since they are new and kids aren't old enough yet.

yea and it funny how many organizations, teams are claiming any D1 commit. If you believe the press releases each of these organizations was instrumental. so what gives?

anon
anon
Anon
anon
?
This EHF vs. E9 thing is getting ridiculous. First off, as has been mentioned before, EHF teams refuse to play E9 teams in scrimmages or etc. Why? I dunno, seems to me that EHF teams are leery of the fact that their team may just lose to an E9 team regardless of standings. I know for a fact that not one EHF team has agreed to play the JR. Warrior 03E team because they know the Warrior team will beat them. At least man up and let the kids play do the talking on the ice. Also at the 06 level several EHF teams have flat out refused to play the 06 Warrior or 06 Boston Advantage team in a scrimmage. A few lower level EHF teams agreed to play the 06 Spartans and Patriots teams and were beaten in a game. Same for the Warriors and BA beating middle of the pack EHF teams in tournament games. Not a blowout but at least they played the game. So my take is that the EHF powers to be are afraid to play the top E9 team, in any age group for fear of losing to them and watching the EHF reputation as a "superior" league take a hit. All I know is that my kids E9 team will play anyone, anytime, anywhere. Same can't be said for the EHF. Guess we will just have to meet up in tournaments and let the results speak for themselves. And just so everyone knows, the 06 Islanders are gonna be doormats in all leagues, in a year or so...

you're right. It is ridiculous but not because the teams won't play each other but because the subject keeps coming up. I have never once heard the kids talk about it, it's only the parents and in my experience it's mostly the E9 parents who have the inferiority complex that bring it up. We all pay $3000+ for the privilege to watch our kids play. We're all suckers and the only ones winning are the owners of each organization in both leagues.

For what it's worth the JWK at the 06 level shaped up just like you wanted, with EHF vs E9 in the playoffs and the EHF won every game. In the end it does not matter. Let the kids play hockey and have fun.

Good point about JWK, Falcons one of the lower end EHF teams knocked out Spartans the top E9 team. At least at the 06 level anyways.

I can go with that on average the EHF has the better hockey players/teams. I would also say that individual E9 teams likely can give EHF Elite teams a run for their money. I would also say that I don't see a lot of D1 commits in either league but then I am not following in detail because it doesn't really interest me at that age.
But please (!!!!) keep going with the chest beating RaRa thing which league is superior and hence you are the better parent because it makes my work day so much more fun. Carry on.

There are a vast amount of kids that have committed to D1 from the EHF. Essentially every kid from Mass/NH/RI that has committed to a D1 college over the past 15 years has played in the EHF. The E9 has never had a D1 commit to my knowledge since they are new and kids aren't old enough yet.

You are either new to this or you just have no clue what you're talking about. Sure some of the kids have played some games there but not all of them owe their development to the EHF. Heck the league is only 10-11 years old. And if you remember correctly The Metro League had perhaps more success story before the EHF ever existed. Some of the kids that have made it recently like Eichel, Hannifin, Danato owe more allegiance to independent teams like Boston Mission / Team Mass and Boston Advantage. Ask any of the '96 kids that are playing college hockey now and very few would even mention the EHF. And I would venture to say both Mission & Advantage have a much higher % hit rate with kids playing college hockey than the EHF.

anon
anon
anon
Anon
anon
?

You are either new to this or you just have no clue what you're talking about. Sure some of the kids have played some games there but not all of them owe their development to the EHF. Heck the league is only 10-11 years old. And if you remember correctly The Metro League had perhaps more success story before the EHF ever existed. Some of the kids that have made it recently like Eichel, Hannifin, Danato owe more allegiance to independent teams like Boston Mission / Team Mass and Boston Advantage. Ask any of the '96 kids that are playing college hockey now and very few would even mention the EHF. And I would venture to say both Mission & Advantage have a much higher % hit rate with kids playing college hockey than the EHF.

Absolutely incorrect. The Metro league is the EHF. Boston Advantage started having teams 6 years ago with their first teams the 02 wave of kids. Prior to that they just offered skills and camps not teams. There are probably a half dozen local 01 commits to colleges and all have played in the EHF. Same with the 00's and 99's…all EHF players.

Absolutely incorrect on numerous counts. The EHF is not The Metro League. Period. It isn't and has never claimed to be.

TL has been around longer than 6 years and both of my son's played for BA in their first years and yes we had 'teams.' and played in-house as well as tournaments (usually beating EHF teams) and prep showcases. Look at their list of '96 D-1 commits and D-1 players and all of them will say it was BA not their youth years in town or EHF hockey that got them there. '01's please.

anon
Absolutely incorrect on numerous counts. The EHF is not The Metro League. Period. It isn't and has never claimed to be.

TL has been around longer than 6 years and both of my son's played for BA in their first years and yes we had 'teams.' and played in-house as well as tournaments (usually beating EHF teams) and prep showcases. Look at their list of '96 D-1 commits and D-1 players and all of them will say it was BA not their youth years in town or EHF hockey that got them there. '01's please.

Really - get educated…Metro was renamed the Fed.

The Metro Boston Hockey League had Twenty Two original organizations (some teams changed the team names) four are still going strong—Bay State Sharks, North Shore Raiders, Hobomock U.S.A. (became New England Falcons, now Bridgewater Bandits), The Worcester Crusaders, UMass Lowell River Hawks men's ice hockey (formerly Lowell Chiefs, then West River Wolves), St. Moritz Devils and the Springfield Pics. The Bay State Breakers, Boston Jr. Eagles, Boston Jr. Terriers, West River Wolves, Bridgewater Bandits, Middlesex Islanders, Minuteman Flames, Providence Capitals (formerly Providence Friars), South Shore Kings, Merrimack Cardinals, and Top Gun all left the MBHL in 2004 for the Eastern Hockey Federation. The Assabet Valley Patriots left the league for the NEHL.

The Boston Advantage are an American youth ice hockey team based in Hingham, Massachusetts. They are members of the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League (T1EHL) and the Elite 9 Hockey League along with the Boston Hockey League. The team has been in existence since 2009. It is also a charter franchise, along with the Boston Junior Rangers, East Coast Wizards, New Hampshire Avalanche, Seacoast Spartans and Valley Jr. Warriors. The Advantage have won two Elite 9 championships, tied for most of all-time with the Wizards and . Their home arena is the Pilgrim Skating Arena, where they have played since the start in 2009.

As stated - BA was known as Lovell Hockey and they specialized in camps and skills.

anon
anon

The Metro Boston Hockey League had Twenty Two original organizations (some teams changed the team names) four are still going strong—Bay State Sharks, North Shore Raiders, Hobomock U.S.A. (became New England Falcons, now Bridgewater Bandits), The Worcester Crusaders, UMass Lowell River Hawks men's ice hockey (formerly Lowell Chiefs, then West River Wolves), St. Moritz Devils and the Springfield Pics. The Bay State Breakers, Boston Jr. Eagles, Boston Jr. Terriers, West River Wolves, Bridgewater Bandits, Middlesex Islanders, Minuteman Flames, Providence Capitals (formerly Providence Friars), South Shore Kings, Merrimack Cardinals, and Top Gun all left the MBHL in 2004 for the Eastern Hockey Federation. The Assabet Valley Patriots left the league for the NEHL.

The Boston Advantage are an American youth ice hockey team based in Hingham, Massachusetts. They are members of the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League (T1EHL) and the Elite 9 Hockey League along with the Boston Hockey League. The team has been in existence since 2009. It is also a charter franchise, along with the Boston Junior Rangers, East Coast Wizards, New Hampshire Avalanche, Seacoast Spartans and Valley Jr. Warriors. The Advantage have won two Elite 9 championships, tied for most of all-time with the Wizards and . Their home arena is the Pilgrim Skating Arena, where they have played since the start in 2009.

As stated - BA was known as Lovell Hockey and they specialized in camps and skills.

Nope and nope.

The Metro folded and it took some time for the EHF to piece it together. Yes some of the teams entered the new league but it wasn't as if one day they just changed the name. Lovell started in 2009 in the Canton Sportsplex and moved to Boch once the BJT got bought and kicked them out (2008?) and at Boch they played plenty of games against outside competition - I was there! Chicago, MN, NJ, Lake Placid...we played everyone and anyone.

anon
anon
anon

Nope and nope.

The Metro folded and it took some time for the EHF to piece it together. Yes some of the teams entered the new league but it wasn't as if one day they just changed the name. Lovell started in 2009 in the Canton Sportsplex and moved to Boch once the BJT got bought and kicked them out (2008?) and at Boch they played plenty of games against outside competition - I was there! Chicago, MN, NJ, Lake Placid...we played everyone and anyone.

I will stick to the published facts not your recollections. BA started in Hingham in 2009.

BA History

"Published facts" O.K. I'm wrong. Before the Terriers logo was put center ice at the Sportsplex ask around what was there. It was a huge Lovell Logo. BA moved to Hingham about 5 years ago and signed a long-term deal for ice then. Call Raynham and ask his old man or his sports shop. It was Lovell at Canton (and his dad ran the pro shop) and then Global in Rockland bought BJT and kicked Lovell out and they scrambled to find a place and ended-up in Dedham as BA and then they expanded to Hingham and had both Dedham and Hingham as well as ice in Quincy. And that was 5.5 years ago.

Re: BA History

Lovell was great then.

anon
anon

Did Lovell own the metro program down in Bourne out of Gallo? Did that become BA / Hingham?

Anon
anon
anon

Did Lovell own the metro program down in Bourne out of Gallo? Did that become BA / Hingham?

Program out of Bourne, Gallo? That would most likely have become part of BA.

When did Lovell have a program out of Gallo?

OK, we can all agree that generally the strongest teams in the area play in the EHF. But can we also agree that anybody that needs to point this out (either on a message board or in conversation) must also be a parent of a low-end EHF Elite player that gains youth hockey status simply from being on an EHF Elite roster? The inferiority complex is just as strong with the bottom roster EHF Elite parents.

It is 100% the parents. You will never hear these kids no matter what age say one league is better than the other.

Anon
It is 100% the parents. You will never hear these kids no matter what age say one league is better than the other.

I disagree. The kids know who the best teams are, and they talk about it too. Maybe not so much at younger ages, but the peewees and up are onto the rankings and tourney results, so they know what's what. They don't necessarily run around putting down other leagues (that's the parents), but they know who the best teams are and where they play.

Who the hell cares what league or team your kid plays on. Really, it is just so the parents can go around saying my kid plays in a certain league or team. Do you think it makes your kid any better or worse? The top 20 players in the E9 are every bit as good as EHF players. The bottom 50 players of the EHF are not better than the top 50 players in the E9. Who cares!

anon
Who the hell cares what league or team your kid plays on. Really, it is just so the parents can go around saying my kid plays in a certain league or team. Do you think it makes your kid any better or worse? The top 20 players in the E9 are every bit as good as EHF players. The bottom 50 players of the EHF are not better than the top 50 players in the E9. Who cares!

I beg to differ. The top 20 kids in the EHF is what makes it a better league. The top end players play in the EHF. There are some good players in the E9 but they aren't better than the top kids in EHF. Sorry but they aren't.

My kid is going pro without having to play in the stupid E9 or overrated EHF leagues. Just need to find him matching skates and a hickory shafted stick and look out, the big lug from Western Mass. will tear up the junior circuit!

anon

more importantly the bottom 50 players in the EHF are not better then the bottom 50 players in the BHL !

Anon
When did Lovell have a program out of Gallo?

Yes. This was the program known as the cape cod Seahawks. This was a metro program and it rolled into Lovell.

anon
anon
anon
Anon
anon
?

And I'm sure that most of the kids that end up with D1 commitments would have had them no matter who they played for. But I suspect that they develop a lot more when they league youth hockey and move onto either high school/midgets/juniors than they ever did in youth hockey. That will come from having coaches in those ranks that actually do it for a living and are not just coaching a team for the free tuition for their own kid or to get their own kid on a team that they would not have a place on otherwise. So looking at which minor hockey organizations have D1 commitments means nothing.

Anon
Currently play EHF but we were contacted by an E9 coach who has asked if ,y son would play for E9 when free. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it legal I. EHF? Looking for good info and no games.
Best!

Applies to EHF Elite only. If your son is rostered on an EHF elite team the only other teams they are allowed to play on are town or school. If your son is on EHF Tier 1 or AAA it is allowed.

The thing is why would an E9 team want a tier 1 or aaa player fed player? They wouldn't.

Lol E9 daddies always have a chip on their shoulder. E9 is a step down from EHF Elite, get over it. Who cares.

oh really check out the 05 Bandits elite last season ...what a joke! feel sorry for anyone who paid $$ to be on that team.

The 05 Bandits had problems. Teams in every league go through those types of challenges.

The argument is which league is better. Hands down the EHF. Doesn't mean all the EHF teams are stronger at every level compared to the E9 but just a general statement. There are teams at certain years in the E9 that would be a top 2-3 team in the EHF. But in general the top 5-6 teams in the EHF are stronger than the top 5-6 teams in the E9. Just a fact. In the end who cares. Kids can still develop in both leagues.

I have 2 boys. I burned out the older one playing both leagues. Doesn't really have the passion for the game now that he is older. Took the younger one out of the EHF elite and he is a top performer on his team in the mass premiere and is really loving it. Best kid on the team and gerring better because he loves playing. Have an e9 elite player as well in team, same deal. Let the kids pick and find the right situation for your player. None are going pro.

As long as he stands up for the National Anthem no one should care....

anon

Or doesn't !

If I was black I sure as hell wouldn't. You can have a video of a cop shooting a black child and it still does not matter. Not even our Black presidents cares! Good for the QB taking a stand! Enough rich athletes more concerned with their cribs and toys.

Anon
anon

Or doesn't !

If I was black I sure as hell wouldn't. You can have a video of a cop shooting a black child and it still does not matter. Not even our Black presidents cares! Good for the QB taking a stand! Enough rich athletes more concerned with their cribs and toys.

this is by far the worst thing i have seen on the DBoard.

Anon
Anon
anon

Or doesn't !

this is by far the worst thing i have seen on the DBoard.

Before this gets really bad, I just want to offer the opinion that there are other ways to make an impact than drawing attention to yourself with a meaningless and high profile protest. In the end, I'm not sure how effective CK's protest will end up being. But it sure will attract attention to him and sell airtime.