Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blue Chip

Anon
Who are the 03 Boston Blues?

I belive it is primarily JVW, Eagles, Breakers

Anon
06 Freezers looking to make a run for the title.

Who are the 06 Boston Advantage? Oh yeah a top team that we put on ice.

Anon
Anon

First off it's spring hockey so who cares. Secondly the BA team in the tournament is not the same team that plays in the winter so calm down

anon
Anon
Anon

First off it's spring hockey so who cares. Secondly the BA team in the tournament is not the same team that plays in the winter so calm down

Good work buddy. Actually this is the team who will play during the regular season. TL would never allow a team to play in tourney with BA name if they were not legit. It's gonna be a long season boys and another shakeup at the end.

anon
Anon
Anon

Do you think we are fools? If hockey in the spring didn't matter your Hingham boys wouldn't be playing and you wouldn't be on the dboard. Most of the BA Programs have been struggling in Bluechip, look at the tropics.

If BA was to just have one team with the best players from all the teams it fields in each age group, they would crush the competition. Take the Tropics, not all the kids on Tropics are from BA. Each tournament they have a few BA kids and a mix of kids from elsewhere. Could be EHF or the best of the best from E9. Regardless, the team changes each tournament. And for these kind of tournaments, not one team is the same for each tournament. These tournaments are money grabs and a chance for kids to play with teammates or rivals they would not normally play with. Also, throwing a bunch of new kids together and expecting them to gel during a 3 day tournament is a crapshoot. Chill out people, your kid isnt going pro whether they are in a tournament or not. If you really believe that they will go pro because they played in the Blue Chips tournament, then might be time for you to check yourself into a rehab center for either drugs or alcohol. Or better yet, get a reality check and get a grip on life. SMH!

give it a rest
If BA was to just have one team with the best players from all the teams it fields in each age group, they would crush the competition. Take the Tropics, not all the kids on Tropics are from BA. Each tournament they have a few BA kids and a mix of kids from elsewhere. Could be EHF or the best of the best from E9. Regardless, the team changes each tournament. And for these kind of tournaments, not one team is the same for each tournament. These tournaments are money grabs and a chance for kids to play with teammates or rivals they would not normally play with. Also, throwing a bunch of new kids together and expecting them to gel during a 3 day tournament is a crapshoot. Chill out people, your kid isnt going pro whether they are in a tournament or not. If you really believe that they will go pro because they played in the Blue Chips tournament, then might be time for you to check yourself into a rehab center for either drugs or alcohol. Or better yet, get a reality check and get a grip on life. SMH!

That was the 2016/2017 06 Elite BA team that played in the BC tournament. Freezers put them on ice!

And what team was Freezers? Mix of kids from different teams? All star team? Thanks for making my point, jackass!!!

Beat it
And what team was Freezers? Mix of kids from different teams? All star team? Thanks for making my point, jackass!!!

You got it KP!

Beat it

Freezers was made up of tier 1 EHF players not the top elite players for E9 or EHF. BA is the money grab. If you are a BA parent may be time to check into Betty Ford clinic.

Your in denial pal!

how did this turn in to a bash BA post? Spring hockey means nothing people. I worry about parents who take it that seriously. You seriously need to find a hobby other than living through your kid. The Blue Chip Invitational was run very well this year. My kid had a good time and played with kids who he ordinarily wouldn't play with and maybe made a friend or two which is the point of spring and summer hockey.

The BA team from what I understand was mostly the winter team for this upcoming season. It seemed like this tournament was being used as a team building exercise for them which I think is a good idea in bringing the new kids that are on the team in to the fold. I thought by the end of the tourney the kids started to play well together. Some of you parents need to get a grip. I can't believe parents are bashing a 10 year old spring and summer hockey team.

The 06 level was without some of the top players due to the Brick. The BA team went 2-2, and beat the LI stars who eventually won the tournament in a game that wasn't as close as the score, and did so without its goalie and stud defenseman.

I watched them play the freezers. BA had a goal not counted, hit 3-4 posts and dominated the play. Freezers goalie stole the game for them. It was also 2nd BA game of day and 1st for Freezers. If I were in the E9 I would be worried about this BA team.

Hate to say about 9 year old team but Mass edge looked terrible.

Anon
The 06 level was without some of the top players due to the Brick. The BA team went 2-2, and beat the LI stars who eventually won the tournament in a game that wasn't as close as the score, and did so without its goalie and stud defenseman.

I watched them play the freezers. BA had a goal not counted, hit 3-4 posts and dominated the play. Freezers goalie stole the game for them. It was also 2nd BA game of day and 1st for Freezers. If I were in the E9 I would be worried about this BA team.

Thanks coach - please stop making excuses. The problem we have is that the team is centered around 2 players. Parents are tired of this, especially when we are not winning. Last season the team fell apart. Don't be surprised if you see more of us playing in the EHF under the alternate guise this upcoming season. Please lose the vineyard vines shorts!

More of US playing EHF, I didnt know parents played on these teams, and what makes you think your bender is good enough to player real elite hockey in the EHF

anon
More of US playing EHF, I didnt know parents played on these teams, and what makes you think your bender is good enough to player real elite hockey in the EHF

"ENOUGH TO PLAYER" are you from Mexico hombre?

anon
how did this turn in to a bash BA post? Spring hockey means nothing people. I worry about parents who take it that seriously. You seriously need to find a hobby other than living through your kid. The Blue Chip Invitational was run very well this year. My kid had a good time and played with kids who he ordinarily wouldn't play with and maybe made a friend or two which is the point of spring and summer hockey.

The BA team from what I understand was mostly the winter team for this upcoming season. It seemed like this tournament was being used as a team building exercise for them which I think is a good idea in bringing the new kids that are on the team in to the fold. I thought by the end of the tourney the kids started to play well together. Some of you parents need to get a grip. I can't believe parents are bashing a 10 year old spring and summer hockey team.

Not much BA bashing here only parents denying this was the BA elite team, they were beat, it happens, learn from it and move on. Makes no sense to deny this happened, point fingers as to which little Johnny wasn't in town, no Brick last weekend by the way. BA has a very solid program year in and year out. Now other teams are catching up, BA skills and development is slipping a little which other programs have noticed and capitalized on. This is part of the cycle of business. Plenty of time before the season begins. BA obviously had some concerns at this level otherwise they would not have entere this team into the Blue Chip. Now they have bench marked the team, adjustments will be made and they will enter 1-2 more tourney before the season begins.

BA going down next year again to the mighty Spartans. Watch out for the Avalanche too! #nhselecthockeyrules (except popgun, they flat out
suck)

There was no brick team tourney last weekend, but Brick team members are not allowed to play in any other tournaments over the summer. This is also a completely re-vamped BA offense and will no longer rely on only 2 players.

anon
There was no brick team tourney last weekend, but Brick team members are not allowed to play in any other tournaments over the summer. This is also a completely re-vamped BA offense and will no longer rely on only 2 players.

Yes there is a rule, however it is for the actual team players not the alternates. I watched a few of the 06 games with Smitty. Didn't really see much difference between the old and new BA. Freezers are made up of mostly EHF tier 1 players (Dual State River Hawks) Again this is the difference between the FED and the E9. The FED teams at all levels beat up on the E9 over the course of the 3 day event. Thanks for coming out without you guys this tournament at its current rates would not have been possible.
#FEDWINNING!

Anon
anon

Yes there is a rule, however it is for the actual team players not the alternates. I watched a few of the 06 games with Smitty. Didn't really see much difference between the old and new BA. Freezers are made up of mostly EHF tier 1 players (Dual State River Hawks) Again this is the difference between the FED and the E9. The FED teams at all levels beat up on the E9 over the course of the 3 day event. Thanks for coming out without you guys this tournament at its current rates would not have been possible.
#FEDWINNING!

fed winning seriously. how old are you? 12? its a spring hockey tournament that means nothing but more money in the organizations pocket and less in yours. Everyone knows spring hockey is for the benders who cant keep up in the winter or the daddy's who think their kid is the next Crosby. have your kid go play some baseball/soccer/lacrosse/basketball/take a hike/boulderdash/spartan junior. lots of options besides worthless spring hockey.

give it a rest

For clarification:
The Tropics team in tourney was BA's elite E9 team and the other team in tourney registered as BA was their select team BHL team at least at the 06 level anyway. Who was the crazy coach on bench yelling at top of his lungs Friday?

For clarification:
The Tropics team in tourney was BA's elite E9 team and the other team in tourney registered as BA was their select team BHL team at least at the 06 level anyway. Who was the crazy coach on bench yelling at top of his lungs Friday?

Let me guess, the 06 team, coach with the white beard ? lol

And I would hold off on judging the Tropics teams as top tourney teams. They are getting a lot of their teams for next season together playing as Tropics teams in summer tournaments, even the lower end AAA teams are playing as "Tropics".

Anon

For clarification:

And I would hold off on judging the Tropics teams as top tourney teams. They are getting a lot of their teams for next season together playing as Tropics teams in summer tournaments, even the lower end AAA teams are playing as "Tropics".

He is relative of owner taking over as head coach this season.

Anon
Anon

For clarification:

He is relative of owner taking over as head coach this season.

Saw him or should I say heard him. Too funny

Hell ya what a waste of time and money. The competition stinks this year.

How astute! Quick on the uptake.

Can someone please explain to me what constitutes a "money grab" vs a non "money grab" as it relates to youth hockey. It is always said in a manner that would leave you to believe that someone is committing a crime.

They are all "money grabs", even the beloved brick that people think will get there kids into the NHL

But that's my point. It's a business. The point of business is to grab other people's money. Are these Spring hockey club owners supposed to run the teams for free?

Good exposure... Maybe the should sponsor the DBoard...

Anon
Can someone please explain to me what constitutes a "money grab" vs a non "money grab" as it relates to youth hockey. It is always said in a manner that would leave you to believe that someone is committing a crime.

I shake my head every time I see it.I'm convinced those who use it have no idea how the concept of the economy and business works

Anon

I think if an owner/rink/tournament is not providing what they promote, then we are OK to call it a money grab. For instance, "Come to the Bender Showcase at NESC to skate in front of NCAA Division 1 coaches and over 25 prep coaches from throughout New England." And then it turns out to be Minuteman Flames EMHL tryouts. That would be a money grab. I admit that one sounds pretty obvious, but there are shades of gray.

I think in the case of the Blue Chip, an expectation has been created by parents that there is some sort of promotional benefit to playing their kid in this tournament (which is ridiculous, of course). I'm not sure if this comes from the tournament people, or the fact that quite a few of the top players in the region end up playing on the Blue Chip Selects team. Anyway, I would vote that this tournament is not a money grab, but a well run spring tournament that doesn't purport to give you "exposure" to scouts or prep coaches, only to provide your kid a place to play some semi-competitive spring hockey.