Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New England Sports Village

One of the things I like about these Boards is we find out exactly how many idiots we're dealing with in rinks. My guess is that people like the know-it-alls that post here just keep their mouths shut most of the time. They think these thoughts but they don't offer them up. Here, the anonymity gives them confidence and we find out exactly how stupid they really are.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Abraham Lincoln

Anon
One of the things I like about these Boards is we find out exactly how many idiots we're dealing with in rinks. My guess is that people like the know-it-alls that post here just keep their mouths shut most of the time. They think these thoughts but they don't offer them up. Here, the anonymity gives them confidence and we find out exactly how stupid they really are.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Abraham Lincoln

Ah, perched up on your Ivory Tower, eh? Must be a nice view?

Are you the same guy who also blasted the OP for not doing his research?

Anon
Anon

- Abraham Lincoln

Ah, perched up on your Ivory Tower, eh? Must be a nice view?

So what the guy is saying is that the NAHL, despite all of the previous reputation and comments is: a) not a great league and b) the players do in fact 'pay to play.'

On point 'a,' yes I've heard the talent is spread around so there are no more than a few good / D-1 quality players per team. Either it is by design or there just aren't enough of these players to support such a big league.

On point 'b,' the league being a 'pay to play' league is contrary to what I have heard over the past 10-12 years. It is also addressed on the league's own website in the 'FAQ' tab -

Q - "Do players have to pay-to-play in the NAHL?"

A - "No. As the only USA Hockey-sanctioned Tier II Junior league, players do not pay to play in the NAHL."

Q - "What do NAHL teams pay for?"

A - "NAHL teams pay for all players' ice time (practices and games), as well as all travel costs incurred while traveling for games and tournaments, including meals and hotels."

Q - "Is equipment supplied and paid for by NAHL teams?"

A - "Most equipment is supplied and paid for by NAHL teams, including sticks, gloves, pants, jerseys, socks and helmets."

Q - "What are NAHL players responsible to pay for?"

A - "In additional to personal expenses, NAHL players are responsible for a monthly fee -- an estimated $300 a month -- to cover room and board at the player's billet home. That money is paid to the billet family to cover living expenses (food, etc.)"

http://nahl.com/play-in-the-nahl/nahl-recruiting-faq.cfm

wasn't this originally about the date this place is going to open?

Yeah and it quickly morphed into 'if an organization is spending $750k a year to have a beachhead junior team in this area then we should be pretty convinced the rink will be ready for Squirt hockey.'

Team and rink both finally acknowledge rink will NOT open in time for the season. tickets for home opener being sold on team site for venue NOT Attleboro.

anon
Team and rink both finally acknowledge rink will NOT open in time for the season. tickets for home opener being sold on team site for venue NOT Attleboro.

They are already selling tickets?

I'll take my chances and wait until game day

Took a ride by the rink today no way will it be ready it's not even fully framed yet and no exterior walls.