Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shooting Instruction

Anon
Shot Doctor
I think Glen Tucker heads up Shoot to Score now.

Anon
Anon
Shot Doctor
I think Glen Tucker heads up Shoot to Score now.

Yes I think your right. Been a while my son switched to goalie a few years back. But it was real good there when he was younger. Waltham though not south shore

Driveway. Bag of pucks, piece of plywood, paper plates in corners of net, and shoot. 200 pucks a day. Unless you want to spend the $ on so called shooting instructors...

Easy peasy
Driveway. Bag of pucks, piece of plywood, paper plates in corners of net, and shoot. 200 pucks a day. Unless you want to spend the $ on so called shooting instructors...
Yup, perfect recipe for ingraining bad habits. Build that muscle memory!

you tube it and save the money. Go with the bag of pucks and drive way. Bad habits only develop if you have no clue how to analyze. take video with one of the many devices that record now and analyze and see what is going on. You tube instruction and fix.

Hahaha, even better. Have DAD teach you how to shoot. No risk of bad habits there.

Had they started putting a curve on the blade yet when you played in HS, Dad?

With some shooting instruction or without the kids still have to shoot at least 100 pucks a day. How many kids are willing to do that?

anon
With some shooting instruction or without the kids still have to shoot at least 100 pucks a day. How many kids are willing to do that?

The ones who want to get better.

When my kid was a squirt and went out to the driveway to shoot a bucket of pucks on a regular basis on his own and then other parents would ask me how they can force their kid to go out and shoot pucks I knew in a few years their would be a role reversal in skill level !

There are a ton of shooting apps and you tube videos - go to HowtoHockey - and go shoot some pucks, but if the kid is not doing this on his own or with a little encouragement, then forget it, because shooting a hundred pucks with halfass effort and fundamentals doesn't help.

Shooting coach? We talking about a shooting coach?? Just another cocktail party conversation topic. "Yes, Biffy has his own shooting coach- which is why he is the 3rd leading scorer on the town pee wee 'C' team"

What a joke. C'mon, people.

The Professor
Shooting coach? We talking about a shooting coach?? Just another cocktail party conversation topic. "Yes, Biffy has his own shooting coach- which is why he is the 3rd leading scorer on the town pee wee 'C' team"

What a joke. C'mon, people.

I thought you were going to roll the Allen Iverson "we Talkin' Bout Practice" speech.