Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FED v. E9

Wait - are we totally discounting the Flames?
BA and the like are better than the Flames now?

I know they're not what they were 3 yrs ago, but I think I'd still have to slot them in behind MFF > IHC > SSK.

I've seen BA lose to AA teams from Virginia in local tournaments.

Nope on the flames. They had good players when they were mites but they all left.

can we please end this, E9 people, you are NOT the FED!

I have kids in both leagues so I know 1st hand..

the Elite FED is the best hands down top to bottom, next is the E9.. top E9 teams could definitely compete in the Elite FED but as a whole the E9 is a lower level league

Next is EHF Tier 1 higher level and BHL American, pretty even depending on what teams you have but again, I would have to put the EHF a bit higher as the top teams are better than anything the BHL has to offer...

after that it really doesn't matter, all the same

TRUTH!

Anon
can we please end this, E9 people, you are NOT the FED!

I have kids in both leagues so I know 1st hand..

the Elite FED is the best hands down top to bottom, next is the E9.. top E9 teams could definitely compete in the Elite FED but as a whole the E9 is a lower level league

Next is EHF Tier 1 higher level and BHL American, pretty even depending on what teams you have but again, I would have to put the EHF a bit higher as the top teams are better than anything the BHL has to offer...

after that it really doesn't matter, all the same

TRUTH!

We know this. Why do you people feel the need to write it again and again? Enough already.

List above is pretty spot on. Mix of both

05 TG is not Elite. They are a joke and will be exposed this weekend and all season long.

Anon
05 TG is not Elite. They are a joke and will be exposed this weekend and all season long.

Sorry your kid got cut .....

we get it....of the 10 ehf elite teams and 9 E9 elite teams at any give year and any age group, the top 5 EHF teams are stronger than the top 5 E9 teams.
you can go back and forth and call out the bottom 3-4 programs in both leagues as not being elite and you would be right. both the fed and e9 have programs that do not field elite programs at the elite level (see TG, Bandits, Falcons, NH Avs, Jr Rangers and yes, Spartans and VJW at some age groups). however, at the end of the day, the ehf fields deeper rosters and more elite teams at each age group than the e9. sorry but the truth hurts, e9 is not at same level as the fed TOP TO BOTTOM.
now please stop...there is nothing left to say unless of course you want to correct my grammar and tell me my that you are sorry my kid got cut.

Don't worry about league. Worry about team. Yes for the most part EHF is stronger, but you should worry about the team your kid is on or can be on. My kid plays EHF top 4 team at 03 Elite level. If I could handle commute I would play VJW 03 Elite. They just played LI Gulls twice and won. Very good team and very good coach that is developing kids. But again I agree for the most part EHF has stronger top 4 teams.

When these discussion come up, as they do weekly, daily, hourly... why does nobody take into account geographic location ? (as the above poster kind of mentions)

Is it so people can just stick to the "EHF is the best" and further that propaganda ?

My point being this. If the E9 or even the BHL team in your area is a better option for development and a higher level of play than the EHF Elite or Tier 1 program in your area why do we not recommend that to people who inquire or even inquire where they live or are willing to travel.

Example : If you are looking to play in the Bridgewater/Raynham area for an 05/06/07 team wouldn't the Lovell Knights be a better option that the Boston Bandits ?

I would not want my kid playing in the EHF at any level for these age groups. Do kids develop playing better competition by getting outscored 380-6 in a season ???

Maybe there are other options out there on an individual basis but my kid isn't going through that just to play on a team that is labeled EHF, but in reality is a lower level than the town hockey in that area ?

anon
we get it....of the 10 ehf elite teams and 9 E9 elite teams at any give year and any age group, the top 5 EHF teams are stronger than the top 5 E9 teams.
you can go back and forth and call out the bottom 3-4 programs in both leagues as not being elite and you would be right. both the fed and e9 have programs that do not field elite programs at the elite level (see TG, Bandits, Falcons, NH Avs, Jr Rangers and yes, Spartans and VJW at some age groups). however, at the end of the day, the ehf fields deeper rosters and more elite teams at each age group than the e9. sorry but the truth hurts, e9 is not at same level as the fed TOP TO BOTTOM.
now please stop...there is nothing left to say unless of course you want to correct my grammar and tell me my that you are sorry my kid got cut.

This is common knowledge. I think what rubs people the wrong way is the parent with a kid on a low-level EHF team that carries the flag for the league, seeming to justify their decision to stay EHF instead of moving over to a better situation in E9. Some people are blind to the fact that there could be a more convenient and ultimately more fruitful option for their kid in the E9.

At the end of the day, the strength of your youth team doesn't guarantee you a future in hockey. The E9 may be overall a step behind the EHF, but it's certainly good enough hockey to get your kid where you want him to be.

E9 is not the Ehf elite however the E9 can and does develop players. Having kids play in both leagues, I think if the e9 and ehf elite played each other throughout the year, you would find the difference in the top players would be very close. Overall I think FED teams would win most of the games but the upper midlevel and top players would be closer in skill than you would expect.

Fact remains a lower level sub 500 E9 team was able to hang with the top two ehf teams. So at least at the 04 level there isn't much difference between leagues. Would be great if there was more cross over games but there aren't

Anon
Fact remains a lower level sub 500 E9 team was able to hang with the top two ehf teams. So at least at the 04 level there isn't much difference between leagues. Would be great if there was more cross over games but there aren't
Why would it be "great?" For whom?

No dog in this silly, endless chest-pounding, my kid played in both, but it sounds to me it would be "great" for parents that are insecure about the league they chose for their kids.

Leagues. Don't. Matter. Development matters.

It would be better so teams could play more competitive games local instead of so much travel to play the same level!

Anon

Just stop. It's one tournament in September. Let things play out. More data points coming this weekend with Boston Breakout. You sound foolish harping on one team's performance over four games early in the season. And my kid is in E9, so I'm kind of on your side, but let's pump the brakes a little.

Anon

Not true, look at scores...BA04, a middle of pack e9 team, was able to play with mid to bottom EHF teams in BJT and NEF...but got smoked by IHC

Anon

Not true, look at scores...BA04, a middle of pack e9 team, was able to play with mid to bottom EHF teams in BJT and NEF...but got smoked by IHC

Smoked? put in your reading glasses gramps.

anon
Anon

Sorry your kid got cut .....

Love that. Never gets old.

anon
Boston Breakout finally giving us the match-ups we want this coming Saturday in the 06 division.

IHC v. Seacoast Spartans

Boston Jr. Eagles v. Boston Advantage

My $$ on the 2 E9 teams.

How's your $$ looking?

anon
Boston Breakout finally giving us the match-ups we want this coming Saturday in the 06 division.

IHC v. Seacoast Spartans

Boston Jr. Eagles v. Boston Advantage

My $$ on the 2 E9 teams.

Uh-oh...... Didn't quite happen the way you expected it to this past weekend. Let me guess? They were missing their best players? Or was it food poisoning from Koonloon?

E9 Happy Train went off the track.

VJW did well over the weekend.