email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Elite/Tier I, II, EHF

Hockey101
Rookie question but...how does an organization get into these leagues with appropriate Tier level? What determines EMHL vs FED vs E9

Don't let the names confuse you, the only tier 1 youth hockey leagues in mass as defined by USA hockey are the ehf and e9. Those two leagues owners control who is in the league and if new organizations join what level. All other leagues ehf tier 1, bhl, valley, etc. are tier 2.

Anon
Hockey101
Rookie question but...how does an organization get into these leagues with appropriate Tier level? What determines EMHL vs FED vs E9

Don't let the names confuse you, the only tier 1 youth hockey leagues in mass as defined by USA hockey are the ehf and e9. Those two leagues owners control who is in the league and if new organizations join what level. All other leagues ehf tier 1, bhl, valley, etc. are tier 2.
MPDHL has Tier 1 teams. T1EHL is all Tier 1. EPEHL has Tier 1 teams. ECEL has Tier 1 teams.

Sun does not rise and set around the FED and E9. This is going to become very apparent in a few years as it all changes.

Hockey101

Just try and put your player on a team with a good coach, period.

Don't worry about E9/FED bullsh t - because that's all it is.

If your boy loves the game, a good coach makes all the difference, and all these leagues are very limited when it comes to good coaching.

Do your homework on coaches - not teams or leagues, trust me.

anon
Hockey101

Just try and put your player on a team with a good coach, period.

Don't worry about E9/FED bullsh t - because that's all it is.

If your boy loves the game, a good coach makes all the difference, and all these leagues are very limited when it comes to good coaching.

Do your homework on coaches - not teams or leagues, trust me.

This is the dBoard, be careful in offering actual, sound advice. If everyone starts responding with coherent posts, I'll have to start looking elsewhere for my comedic relief during boring conference calls.