Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
05 Rankings - Week 2

Great weekend and some good wins and loses. Again, this is for fun and the first few weeks will shake out a lot of unknowns.

1.) Eagle - Big lose and great win against IHC. Is it a one game lapse or is it a glimpse of what is to come? You can stay at #1, but you are on warning.
2.) MMF - One good win (Terriers) and one win that was easy (SSK). This weekend will be very telling for you - good luck
3.) IHC - Again good win against BJE! The TG 3 to 2 victory I thought was a little close for comfort, but you get bumped up with a nice win. Good luck against Terriers.
4.) Caps - You wave the win against IHC in hand, but you didn't play a challenging weekend schedule. This week, however, should be more competitive.
5.) Terriers - One lose and one tie - not so good. Win against IHC would get you some love.
6.) Patriots - Good win against BA. Was a good game, but you have a good challenge Saturday against VJW. Should give us some good insight on E9.
7.) Rangers - Your fun begins this weekend.
8.) VJW - You had weekend off because of parity, but you will have a good test Saturday. Should be a good game.
9.) Top Gun - Yes, you can move up even with a lose to IHC. 3 to 2 was a strong showing. Keep it up and you go up. You have a tough weekend ahead.
10.) BA- Could have put Falcons here and probably should of, but BA played a good game against Patriots.

Big weekend and most of all have fun with your kids!

Re: 05 Rankings - Week 2

Eagles are team of the past.. others continue to get better

Patriots run away with E9, BA runner up

MMF, not even top 3

Is List Guy the parent who all the other parents like, or all the other parents avoid, on his son's team? I haven't figured it out yet.

BJE have had 2 meaningful games thus far. Philly and IHC. They lost both convincingly. That loses top spot. Right now top 5 should be

MMF
IHC
Eagles
Caps
Terriers

BJE looked terrible. They will not beat a hard skating team. IHC dominated them weekend.

Mel Kiper
BJE looked terrible. They will not beat a hard skating team. IHC dominated them weekend.

thanks, mike

i know you
Mel Kiper

thanks, mike

Hey you, I know you, I know you...

Sorry to hear you know him. Ask TG about him. Ask IHC about him.

Ouch.

Synchronized Swimming
i know you
Mel Kiper

thanks, mike

Hey you, I know you, I know you...

Anon
BJE have had 2 meaningful games thus far. Philly and IHC. They lost both convincingly. That loses top spot. Right now top 5 should be

MMF
IHC
Eagles
Caps
Terriers

I like list guy. Seems impartial. This guy not so much. Definitely a MMF parent reaching a little too high. Eagles, IHC, and Caps. That order. The rest doesn't matter.

Results move the list. Again, first few weeks should tell a lot. Absolutely impartial.

truth
Anon

MMF
IHC
Eagles
Caps
Terriers

I like list guy. Seems impartial. This guy not so much. Definitely a MMF parent reaching a little too high. Eagles, IHC, and Caps. That order. The rest doesn't matter.

Eagles and IHC in Finals last year, how does MMF become #1

you guys know it's week 2 right.. do you remember last year when you all said the Eagles were not that good and got lucky because they started slow (BTW like they do every year) and then by the end of the year they are gelling at just the right time to knock off everyone, including the LF in NJ...

let's not get ahead of ourselves the Eagles may not 3-peat but they will be right there at the end because of hard working kids and great coaching

also just to be honest, they did look HORRIBLE last week vs ISLEs and were dominated..

So true. This year will be interesting. Eagles great coaching and IHC terrible daddy coaching. More talent on IHC, but we will see if the daddies can develop. They are going to be faced with the ultimate decision:

Do what is right for the team or do what is right for your kids.

anon eagles fan
also just to be honest, they did look HORRIBLE last week vs ISLEs and were dominated..

Eagles goalie top notch. If he has bad day team is toast.

06 Flames could beat half this team.

Anon
06 Flames could beat half this team.

06 Flames should be able to beat half a team of 05's, they will be exhausted playing a full squad

How would 06 MMF do v 05 MMF?

Anon

They would give them a game.

Why does that make your kid good?

Anon
Anon

So......

06 MMF
05 MMF
IHC
Eagles
Caps
Terriers

Time to change your meds.

You are stupid
Anon
Anon

So......

06 MMF
05 MMF
IHC
Eagles
Caps
Terriers

Back to our regularly scheduled program. BJE are terrible. They will not win EHF and they are moving up the implosion list.

La-La land
You are stupid
Anon
Anon

So......

06 MMF
05 MMF
IHC
Eagles
Caps
Terriers

Back to our regularly scheduled program. BJE are terrible. They will not win EHF and they are moving up the implosion list.

Go to bed, Mike. Now you are talking crazy. Season is long. 1 weekend in September doesn't mean a thing. See you in march again. Maybe we'll let you kiss the ring.

It means nothing until it means everything.

Mike,

How is it going? How come everyone knows you?

Not good for your kid.

only 3 teams in EHF Elite 05

BJE
IHC
PC

all others .... not that good

annon
only 3 teams in EHF Elite 05

BJE
IHC
PC

all others .... not that good

MMF
IHC
BJT

Looks like someone got cut from the Flames.

these 3 teams matter -

IHC
IHC
IHC

Already lost to Caps.

Can you say goalie makes team. Others average and small.

Maybe in Mites not now. Top 5 teams all have very good goalies.

IHC usually fades mid season.

Previous poster mentioned they were in finals last year. Is that true? If so there goes your theory.

Heard TG new goalie stood on head against IHC. That would make it at least 6 goalies that are very good then. Score would have been double digits without him was told and that TG had about 8 shots on net. Sounds like a great pick up for TG

FYI- IHC had Back up goalie for entire labor day tourney.

Made my point...thanks.

Team is average without goalie.

But they have Mike!

5 goals on BJE is average? OK

One bad game and you are now winning the EHF. Understand your daddy coaches are going to play their kids. That will hurt in the end.

Are u talking BJE daddy coaches?

No one said they were winning the EHF just rankings based on 2 weeks in. BJE did not show up and you saw the results. To take anything away from IHC players (average, small, lucky, etc...) is just sour grapes. I agree IHC has one of the best goalies in the age group but a score of 5-1 is a team effort.

Good point. You do realize that any negative comments about either team are coming from either people on other teams or former players of either team. I know for a fact that BJE and IHC love playing each other and from what I can tell all the kids and parents all get along. These 2 teams bring out the best in each other. IHC won this one and I'm sure BJE will be ready to go next time around. Stop trying to stir the pot because you are not happy with you and yours

Hi Mike!

Hi!

List guy here!

Not really sure what is going on with this particular thread, but fight all you want on a different thread. Not sure who Mike is and doesn't sound like I want to. AGAIN - all this will be determined in time and I try to objectively rank teams based on results over time. That said there are some good games this week:

BJE - You have an easy week. Will be interesting to see TG compete.
MMF vs Caps (ESPN)
IHC vs Terriers
BA vs Rangers
VJW vs Patriots (ESPN 2)
BA vs Patriots

I don't think much will be determined for EHF teams other than the MMF vs. Caps game. Seems like an easier week for BJE and IHC. Terriers have an opportunity to upset.

I do think however the E9 will show a glimpse into an order. Not saying this week is that "be all" week, but it will be fun.

ALSO - I obviously don't get to every game so if a few "sound normal" notes Monday on the games you watched would go a long way.

Good Luck this weekend!

Have fun with your kids.

The Islanders have an excuse for everything. They lost to the Capitals because of the backup goalie (please) or they only beat Top Gun by a goal because their goalie was red hot. When other teams lose to the IHC, do they use the excuse your goalie was hot. You have a good team, but you're very beatable. Mike and his minions need to relax.

Mike,

Where do you play college hockey?

Where did you play high school hockey?

Someone has anger issues. Sounds like Mike got the best of you. Mike drives your bus

Mike is too short to drive a bus.

Not the short bus...that's the type of bus you most likely road to school in.

Ok, he could definitely drive that one.

Don't worry he will beg to come back to TG in a year or two.

Will TG even have a program in 2 years?

This is why people don't like you.

I like the 'List guy' and every year should have a weekly write up. Maybe New England Hockey Journal could use his stuff!

anon
I like the 'List guy' and every year should have a weekly write up. Maybe New England Hockey Journal could use his stuff!

"List Guy" is great. Needs his own website. Send the link when you do. Who's "Mike". Glad I don't know.

Anon
anon

"List Guy" is great. Needs his own website. Send the link when you do. Who's "Mike". Glad I don't know.

What if "List Guy" is "Mike" and "Mike" is "List Guy" !!??

Mind Blown
Anon
anon

The universe would spontaneously combust! What if this entire thread is one person who drives the short bus to all the 05 games?

Stephen Hawking
Mind Blown
Anon
anon

The universe would spontaneously combust! What if this entire thread is one person who drives the short bus to all the 05 games?

Short bus filled with angry little men. Sounds AWFUL.

Dying for week 3 results.

Anon

1. IHC
2. MMF
3. BJE
4. PAT
5. PC
6. BJT
7. AVE
8. BA
9. BJR
10. TG

Bottom 3 are interchangable

Real list guy
Anon

1. IHC
2. MMF
3. BJE
4. PAT
5. PC
6. BJT
7. AVE
8. BA
9. BJR
10. TG

Bottom 3 are interchangable

Nice try. Your list is weak, Mike.

Mike honestly go comb your hair

Patriots at #4 is a joke. The Elite 9 is horrible. If you put together an all start team from that league they would still come in the bottom half of the EHF. Easy to win games when you're playing bad teams.

ANON
Patriots at #4 is a joke. The Elite 9 is horrible. If you put together an all start team from that league they would still come in the bottom half of the EHF. Easy to win games when you're playing bad teams.

FYI. AVE beat PAT in preseason. PAT couldn't beat TG either.

06 MMF major egos. They would get destroyed by any of the top 05 teams. A year makes a big difference.