Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Imposter Hockey Dad

Is it okay to stand by the boards quietly with your own sweatshirt because most of the parents are crazy?

Anon
Is it okay to stand by the boards quietly with your own sweatshirt because most of the parents are crazy?

Absolutely! As long as you don't prop your iPad or iPhone on the dash to record your kid or pace back and forth following your kid around from zone to zone each period. Find a nice, quiet corner away from the nut jobs screaming in the stands and enjoy a nice hockey game.

I guess I'm an imposter hockey dad. I admit I stand down near the glass and wear the team sweatshirt. I stand near the glass because I cannot stand the cackle of the parents in the stands. I wear the sweatshirt because I stand down near the glass and it's cold.

Hockeydad
I wear the sweatshirt because I stand down near the glass and it's cold.
Nice rationalization. Like it's the only sweatshirt or jacket you own. Lose this one, the other dads are making jokes at your expense. Is it personalized, BTW? Your name or your kid's?

I give you props for fessing up, though, IHD.

I have one that's personalized and one that's not. My kid likes the fact that I wear it. I could honestly care less what anyone else thinks or says.

Hockeydad
I have one that's personalized and one that's not. My kid likes the fact that I wear it. I could honestly care less what anyone else thinks or says.
If that were true you wouldn't have tried to rationalize it. And do your kid a favor, don't assume he will feel that way next year or the year after that. He may not want to **** on your rainbow.

I guess I better stop wearing Bruins jerseys or colors to nhl games. I think it's funny that the nhl makes money off supporting your team however if I am proud of my son and support his team and colors that makes me a imposter hockey dad. Maybe I should go burn my pro jerseys before I'm called an imposter fan.

Bad dad and fan
I guess I better stop wearing Bruins jerseys or colors to nhl games. I think it's funny that the nhl makes money off supporting your team however if I am proud of my son and support his team and colors that makes me a imposter hockey dad. Maybe I should go burn my pro jerseys before I'm called an imposter fan.
Here's another tip for you, although not one you'll likely use. I know guys with sons in the NHL. Even then, they don't wear their kid's team apparel. Anywhere. Ever.

Nothing wrong with wearing a team fleece to a game, even a hoodie. Screw these guys who's kids are 3rd liners and know their kids don't belong. They're just jealous of your kid, and your enthusiasm. What's really questionable however is the mom/aunt who wears the jersey. What's up with that!? I'm talking to you Boston JR Rangers adult in the Squirt jersey...

Anon
Nothing wrong with wearing a team fleece to a game, even a hoodie. Screw these guys who's kids are 3rd liners and know their kids don't belong. They're just jealous of your kid, and your enthusiasm. What's really questionable however is the mom/aunt who wears the jersey. What's up with that!? I'm talking to you Boston JR Rangers adult in the Squirt jersey...

Who cares what you wear...dont act like a db! Why is your ego puffed up by 10 yr old hockey. F'n loser!!!

Bad dad and fan

Better yet.... stop comparing NHl marketing with squirt hockey ! You think that your program makes money by you wearing a team jacket ? lol

Anon
Bad dad and fan

Better yet.... stop comparing NHl marketing with squirt hockey ! You think that your program makes money by you wearing a team jacket ? lol

No, they must make money off of you for wearing that team jacket.

What about the infamous Drunk imposter hockey dad coach?