Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Five types of hockey parents - which one are you?

His Dad is the coach so he knows.

i think I'm the love child of the wolf and the phantom.

he was impressive at 7 but that was many years ago... He's now playing on one of the top u14 teams in the state with a generous scholarship to a top ISL.

What about the parent who buys whatever they hear other parents / kids talking about? New sticks, equipment whatever.... Have one of those on the team my son plays for, total poser.

Anon
What about the parent who buys whatever they hear other parents / kids talking about? New sticks, equipment whatever.... Have one of those on the team my son plays for, total poser.

even better. i had a peewee parent buy their child that $2xx stick for Christmas. fine, but it was about FOUR inches too big. they would not cut it down as they spent so much money they wanted to extend the life by getting him to 'grow into it'.

a couple of weeks later i showed them the tape wearing at the heal and untouched at the toe, which (obviously) explained his sudden inability to catch a pass or shoot. they got the hint and bought another (but $50) stick. but at least they did, some never do.

You forgot The Drunken Dirtbag!