Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 07 SSK

How did the Columbus Day tourney work out for ya?

Anon

Feel better big guy? It always amazes me when grown adults get such joy out of kids losing. Especially 8/9 year olds

Anon

WOW, someone is pretty bitter if he's happy a team of 8 year olds didn't do well. Says much about your life

It's more about making sure kids are playing at the right level. If teams are getting blown out every game then it's probably time for a new approach as repeated blowouts are not good for a team / player morale. The Kings program has definitely suffered in that respect at multiple levels. Parents often become defensive due to the badge wearing and the "my kids select" mentality when the correct thought should be "is my child playing at the right level" or "are the repeated blowouts mentally healthy"? After all it's 9 year old hockey, it's about having fun, fostering life long relationships, growing and maturing as an individual. Ask yourself.... Are you here for yourself or your child and be honest.

What you just described is certainly not the Kings organization. Win at all cost baby!