Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When did it end?

When i beat him senseless...

ANON
So what DIv 2 College did he play at? Since there is NO Div 2 College Hockey!!! Div I and Div III ONLY. If your son is playing im sure you would know that!

clueless much ?

Anon
ANON
So what DIv 2 College did he play at? Since there is NO Div 2 College Hockey!!! Div I and Div III ONLY. If your son is playing im sure you would know that!

clueless much ?
If YOUR son was playing you would know that there is still DII hockey, here in New England.

St Anselm and St Michaels are still NCAA D 2 as well

Pretty sure Stonehill and SNHU are also.

According to the NCAA there are only 7 men's teams and 5 women's teams in D-II. The D-II men's programs in NH are:

Saint Anselm College
Franklin Pierce University
Southern New Hampshire University

Others include:

Post University Waterbury CT
Assumption College Worcester MA
Stonehill College Easton MA
Lindenwood University Saint Charles MO

The D-II limit is 13.5 scholarships per team (D-I gets 18) with the average scholarship being $4,840 (D-I averages $14,945).

Average Athletic Scholarship is the average award per athlete for ALL varsity sports sponsored by the specific school. Some athletes receive full awards, some receive partial and many receive none. Additionally some sports within a school may be fully funded, some partially and some sports provide no athletic scholarships. Private schools generally have higher tuition than public schools and the average award will reflect this.

Why do people post details ad nauseum about something that isn't at all relevant to the topic?

Some clown called out a guy for having a kid playing DII that clearly didn't know what he was talking about. Guy rebutted, couple of people threw out a few more school names. Now we have the entire current status of DII college hockey circa 2016. Why is it relevant to know the average scholarship available? The OP didn't ask about his kid's scholarship opportunities.

Are you just trying to show how much smarter you are? Or how much better your cut and paste skills are?

This is the same as the guy that starts posting web links on Prep admit rates when someone simply asked about the prep process. Might even be the same guy.

Look! Squirrel!

Maybe the guy was just trying to help out and make this Board better than just a 'trash a kid / coach / organization' fest?

Thank him and keep your mouth shut.

The Dboard isn't exactly the kind a place you frequent to show how smaht you are. Myself included!!

Anon
Maybe the guy was just trying to help out and make this Board better than just a 'trash a kid / coach / organization' fest?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How about contributing on topic then? Too much to ask?

At that point of the threat THAT was the topic.

Anon

Sorry your kid has ADD

anon
Anon

Sorry your kid has ADD

What does that even mean? And yes, I know what ADD is, which is why your post makes not sense

For some it doesn't end. I know a kid who's in college, playing beer league now and still has an entourage of parents, grand parents ect go to these beer league games to watch. To that end, doing that is not bad. Hey they still enjoy watching right...so good for them....but the yelling at the refs ect that they continue to do...now that is funny, but sad. Poor kid can't stick around after the game and hang with guys drinking beer. They give it to him in the locker room for sure.

I thought the only reason to play Beer League hockey is for hanging with the guys, the beer afterwards and crawling into bed at 1:00am on a weeknight passed-out drunk while your wife thinks you are 'out getting exercise.'

Anon
I thought the only reason to play Beer League hockey is for hanging with the guys, the beer afterwards and crawling into bed at 1:00am on a weeknight passed-out drunk while your wife thinks you are 'out getting exercise.'

Bingo !!!!