Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 06 Bauer Invite - Chicago

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Islanders struggled, didn't look like the same team in Chicago.

ya, they're 10. That happens

10 year olds skipping school to travel to Chicago and play in a meaningless hockey tournament? Even worse is people coming on a public forum like the board and trashing them. Time to take a hard look in the mirror people.

No bashing going on. If families can afford it and teams are invited, certainly worth the experience.

Hate to break it to you, but it's not the teams that get the invite, it's the programs. Just another way these owners fleece you and put money in their own pockets. Its the old, I'll come to you're "invitational" if you come to mine. The only thing the kids learn from it is that they don't have to earn anything on their own, mommy and daddy will play for it. I have nothing against kids playing and earning a spot in the Q or playing in Nationals as U14-U18 if they qualify based on record. They've earned it and it means something. 10 year olds traveling to Chicago because their program owner is friendly with a program owner out there is just plain ludicrous.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

10 year olds skipping school to travel to Chicago and play in a meaningless hockey tournament? Even worse is people coming on a public forum like the board and trashing them. Time to take a hard look in the mirror people.

No bashing going on. If families can afford it and teams are invited, certainly worth the experience.

Hate to break it to you, but it's not the teams that get the invite, it's the programs. Just another way these owners fleece you and put money in their own pockets. Its the old, I'll come to you're "invitational" if you come to mine. The only thing the kids learn from it is that they don't have to earn anything on their own, mommy and daddy will play for it. I have nothing against kids playing and earning a spot in the Q or playing in Nationals as U14-U18 if they qualify based on record. They've earned it and it means something. 10 year olds traveling to Chicago because their program owner is friendly with a program owner out there is just plain ludicrous.

Sorry your kids team didn't go .......

Yeaj islanders struggled because they actually played some non EHF teams ,,,,

Terriers looked good, breakers not so much

ANON
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Sorry your kids team didn't go .......

Yeaj islanders struggled because they actually played some non EHF teams ,,,,

yeah no invite needed guys. You sign up like any other tournament. All you need is a Tier 1 or 2 designation.

Looks like terriers almost won the tourney. Not bad for an EHF team.

Not true, I was there and the Terriers had the easiest schedule out of all the Mass teams. The only tough game the Terriers had was Team Illinois and Team Illinois controlled the game from start to finish and if there were another period they would of kept scoring.

It was a pretty good tournament. IHC had a tough division and tough schedule. Saturday night's game was at 8:15, started a half hour late so the kids were on the ice at 8:45, which is 9:45 eastern. Most times, my kids in bed at that time. Traveling all that way to end up with a 1 or 2 pm game and a 8 or 8:15 game took it's toll on the 10 year old's. Both night games were very slow and sloppy.

You would have seen better hockey if they were more sensible with the schedule. I would have expected a little more thought would go in to it.

Anon
Not true, I was there and the Terriers had the easiest schedule out of all the Mass teams. The only tough game the Terriers had was Team Illinois and Team Illinois controlled the game from start to finish and if there were another period they would of kept scoring.

I hate when parents complain about the schedules of other teams. Give the 10 year old hockey team some credit for doing well.

Both Terriers and IHC represented the region well. Both lost to a very good TI by one goal... all games they lost or tied could have gone either way... they are 10! BBB did well also, lost a close one to a very good Ontario team. in the end the boys from mass did well and good to see the hockey here stands up in other parts.

What surprised me most was the level of preparation for most of these teams during the tournament. Team Illinois had shot charts for each period and were passing along in-game adjustments to the bench from a person in the stands.

The NE teams were the exception regarding "film". Most of the teams had video of each game and were reviewing during down time at the hotels.

I think it's a little too much for 10 year old hockey but there was a definite gap between the level of preparation between the NE teams and the rest of the teams I saw. I'm not saying either was is better or worse, TI, Fla Alliance, Don Mills, the MI teams and others seemed to put a lot of preparation into the game and their opponents.

Hockey is as much physical activity as brain/mental activity. Sounds like teams in that tournament were working on both. You CAN and SHOULD train your hockey sense. These 9-10-11 year old kids are smarter than we give them credit for. I see nothing crazy about video/film review of games. It gives kids an opportunity to look at their game from the outside and accept positive criticism and corrections. Many times, when I had talked to my son about him doing or not doing this and that his response was, "No, I wasn't! No I didn't"! Well... video does not lie.

Anon

They still made it to the quarter finals and that's better than any other team and people on this board cannot take that away from the boys. The team is also ranked higher than any other program that went from the area.

Bsb shouldn't even be in the same sentence with terriers.