The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
High School and college coaches care more about the parents attitude than they do where your kid played when he was 10
Excellent tournament, with terrific competition - best in RI as a few others in RI at the Jan/Feb timeline are weak at best competition wise.
Agreed - they'll post the teams but a bit early, but competitive teams will be there and probably already know - a few VJW teams are in all the time.
Would suggest getting in if you can.
Teams aren't posted yet but after starting as a small Tourney, it has really grown into a very big tourney with a broad range of teams.
It is a terrific tourney drawing solid teams from New England, New York, Jersey, and beyond.
It is run very well and is always full of great competition at both the Elite and Tier 1 (aka AAA) level.
as for growth.... It has certainly grown since I played in it in the late 80's. great to see a New England tournament of that size staying healthy for so long.
hotel for 4 nights.....
1. no reason you had to stay in the hotel all 4 nights. seems like 2 nights (Fri & Sat) would have been sufficient if you are only 80 minutes away.
2. The hotel is half the fun of tournaments....
Team bonding, team dinners, knee hockey, adult shenanigans, etc....
I know we all take the hockey seriously... but those hotel stays are half the fun of the tournaments. If you don't have a team of kids and parents that feel the same way... maybe time to find another "team".
If the hotel was the biggest issue with the tournament... time to refocus our priorities.
1. Late game thursday night in newport then early game friday in bubble
2. Plenty of bonding that weekend in the hotel
3. Must have been your wife at the Marriot...IHC if memory is correct. Good at handling a large rod. I brought my gaff, she brought the bait...
That is **** funny!
My son played a few years ago. 7 games to reach the finals. We commuted from the Merrimack Valley about 80 minutes each way over 5 days. Grueling but doable. Better than staying in some $hitbag hotel in Providence.
Just log in to sports engine and see teams registered.