Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bench clearing brawl - ice center

anon
Anon
Anon
anon
heard that Advantage ice 04 vs SSK 04 tier 2 get at it yesterday? anyone has details? where was the coachs?

I was there since we had a game afterwards...

SSK kid takes a slapshot from the point a couple seconds after the whistle

ICE goalie and other ICE players start chasing the SSK kid (!)

A couple SSK kids who were already on the ice get involved

ICE bench empties

About 8 seconds of mayhem, but the refs and both coaches did a pretty good job restoring calm

No issues after the game
Meaning, the SSK kid tried to run away? Sounds comical.

BTW, I'm sure it was less than a couple seconds after the whistle. One thousand one, one thousand two...

Sounds like you were there and know exactly what happened.
Ummm, no, asshat, that's why I asked the guy that was. It struck me in reading his post that you can't be chased unless you're running away. I had this vision of the guy in Slap Shot that is skating away from The Chief.

And logic would tell you - if you had any power of reason - that it can't have been "a couple seconds" after the whistle. More like a couple of tenths.

Hey, clean it up. There are impressionable young hockey moms around here.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
anon
heard that Advantage ice 04 vs SSK 04 tier 2 get at it yesterday? anyone has details? where was the coachs?

ICE bench empties

About 8 seconds of mayhem, but the refs and both coaches did a pretty good job restoring calm

No issues after the game
Meaning, the SSK kid tried to run away? Sounds comical.

BTW, I'm sure it was less than a couple seconds after the whistle. One thousand one, one thousand two...

Sounds like you were there and know exactly what happened.
Ummm, no, asshat, that's why I asked the guy that was. It struck me in reading his post that you can't be chased unless you're running away. I had this vision of the guy in Slap Shot that is skating away from The Chief.

And logic would tell you - if you had any power of reason - that it can't have been "a couple seconds" after the whistle. More like a couple of tenths.

Good comeback

Whatever. The rules of hockey are pretty clear, you don't shoot after the whistle if it's a couple of tenths or a couple of seconds - if it is deemed avoidable you get a penalty.

And hockey tradition is, if you do shoot when you clearly could have stopped after the whistle you get the wrath of the players whose goalie you just shot at post whistle.

Let's hope it's the last time the kid does this and then no one will have to chase him around the rink.

Funny thing though I saw a D-III college game last month and this exact thing happened. You think they would learn.

anon
Whatever. The rules of hockey are pretty clear, you don't shoot after the whistle if it's a couple of tenths or a couple of seconds - if it is deemed avoidable you get a penalty.

And hockey tradition is, if you do shoot when you clearly could have stopped after the whistle you get the wrath of the players whose goalie you just shot at post whistle.

Let's hope it's the last time the kid does this and then no one will have to chase him around the rink.

Funny thing though I saw a D-III college game last month and this exact thing happened. You think they would learn.
Geez, lighten up Francis, nobody was saying it wasn't a penalty.

But now that you've opened up the whine, players should NEVER leave the bench. Leave it up to the kids on the ice to settle.

Anon
anon

ICE bench empties

No issues after the game

I just watched it on Livebarn. The SSK kid should have held up but at least he threw his hands in the air to gesture, sorry(they are 11 yo kids) Nothing major happened until refs called the game and a AI kid flew out of the penalty box and started everything. It was squashed quickly hurt a few shots were thrown. If I were that coach that kid would be suspended for a game.

I

Go away you stupid Canadian