email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 05 CRAPS continue to struggle

Anon
The Craps master recruiting plan does not seem to be working. Having trouble finding the back of the net even against the dwellers.
Now the mad scramble is on, invite anyone and everyone to skills, practice, sub games..., make excuses, start looking for new players now, don't even think about developing current players.
Don't buy that CRAPS sweat shirt and hat for Christmas, little johnny may not be wearing it for long.
Amazing how one Team can do the same thing year in and out, and intelligent people fall victim to the same CRAP.
Oh, yes, one last thing>>>>>> my kid got cut. But he has been able to proudly wear the same sweat shirt and hat ever since

It is not just the Caps, every club team cuts loose their bottom players when better ones show at tryouts or are recruited, its how you build a better team and program. Its how club hockey works. No need to be bitter and take your frustration out here for spending money on a sweatshirt and hat instead of recognizing your kid was on the verge of not coming back.

All true but it leads to Crappy hockey. The "good players" who remain never know who will be rolling through the revolving door at practices and games, and definitely will not pass the puck to them. The players that got cut usually got cut because they were a team player and passed the puck to johnny superstar , but johnny superstar will not pass back. They move on to another team or quit.
Johnny superstar eventually gets put on a team with all johnny superstars and it is the worst hockey you will ever see because they have absolutely no concept of how to play on a TEAM, they have been taught that they are johnny superstar since they were one of the 6 year olds that could lift the puck.

I was asked by a friend and old classmate to look at this post for her because I coach a div 1 hockey team. I have been on the dboard a handful of times but never read a complete thread.
I did not grow up in the states nor play youth hockey here, but I can tell you it is much different than what I expected.
Now several years later I am coaching university here, I am getting phone calls,emails, and letters from parents and club coaches, about how little johnny was the best player, high goal scorer, etc in elite hockey.
Believe me, all your little johnnys are skilled, but they are not hockey players.
Myself and other coaches, now can sit at invite camps and festivals, and pick out the MA players without looking at the scoresheet, because they can not adapt to team play.
They need to learn to use their teammates skills as well as there own.

You sir are a liar... and this simple statement below shows me that if you are coaching at that level you shouldn't be. Or maybe it is just that you are so far removed from youth hockey that you have lost the reality of where the players of today are.

Anon
The players that got cut usually got cut because they were a team player and passed the puck to johnny superstar , but johnny superstar will not pass back. They move on to another team or quit.

The kids who are getting cut are not the kids who are team players and pass the puck, they are the kids that can not pass the puck at all or barely skate, and were only taken because a better option was not out there at evals.. The better the program the less and less of these kids there are. But club hockey is so bad that if you can pass the puck at all you are not getting cut !!

Watch some international, d-1, national development, etc., with little johnny rather than the NHL highlight reels. I'm not sure if you will see the difference but he may.

IMPLOSION - Bwhahaha bwhahaha bwhahaha

This thread is classic Dboard stuff, I ask that all of the folks who have contributed to this thread, please save and look back at it in about 5-7 years, you will see how ridiculous you sound.

Why would i look at the dboard in 5-7years? My kid will be in the NHL and your kid will be crushing beers with 40 year olds in the parking lot.

Anon
Why would i look at the dboard in 5-7years? My kid will be in the NHL and your kid will be crushing beers with 40 year olds in the parking lot.

Not likely, I've seen your kid

Stay tuned interesting rumor in Crap Country.
Hopefully details will be available today.

Anon

What, most of that team is going to the Giants.... not really interesting, or a rumor.

Anon

Why are you so concerned about a team you are clearly not on. Get a life

Anon
Hopefully details will be available today

Sgt hulka taking the reigns over again?

General Barnicke
So let me get this straight. Same players move to another team or Hulka takes over? Players are not that good and nobody wants to play for Hulka. Result will be the same, Bottom dwellers! Maybe there are some good town players in RI?

looks like the Kings and Giants are getting some new players next season....

Anon
General Barnicke
So let me get this straight. Same players move to another team or Hulka takes over? Players are not that good and nobody wants to play for Hulka. Result will be the same, Bottom dwellers! Maybe there are some good town players in RI?

I seriously doubt that. Only two kids could move to kings and why the hell would anyone want go to the Giants?

RI Sportcenter rink 146 has to be one of the worst rinks in the EHF. Water is undrinkable and the ice is terrible. Parents and coaches should think about moving to a new team asap.

Hulka's recruiting hard. new d-man has been skating in practices but he looks like a downgrade. it's never good for team moral to have new kids at practices in early November! this usually starts in January around here.

Someone clearly has an axe to grind with the Caps organization. My kid plays for another team, but I would have no problem playing for the 05 team. as for the rink, my son loves playing there. He likes the atmosphere.

We know who is creating this nonsense. Caps are a pretty good team. They do have trouble scoring but so do a lot of teams. They work hard, compete and are in most games. Maybe one tick down from top couple of teams.

And to the person who is stirring the pot let me be the first to say sorry your kid got cut.....

Anon
Anon
General Barnicke

I seriously doubt that. Only two kids could move to kings and why the hell would anyone want go to the Giants?

you are delusional. the Kings are in second to last place and the Caps are mid pack above .500 so please stop with the "Only two kids could move to kings" crap. i think only 2 kids would stay with the kings is more like it.

And Why not the Giants? Lovell coaching, new facility, get enough players and they could be a strong team based on their location and what they could draw. Better playing there next year then 146, Lynch or the Mount Saint Charles dump.

best way to get rid the craps is to tell coach his son has to go

Remember craps lives matter

Huge weekend for the Craps!

Craps have a chance to show what they are made of this weekend. Let's see what they can bring.... Hopefully they can toughen up and play with what they have, instead of worrying about which players they don't have.
I seriously like the caps, but I don't like what they have reverted to as of late, and how easy they are to throw players under the bus, parents badmouthing other kids, kids badmouthing kids, and everyone talking about which team everyone is going to next year.
If we could focus on hockey instead of all the bs and bad mouthing team may be able to play a respectable game. It is embarrassing for not only the players but especially the parents.... you know who you are.

Anon
Craps have a chance to show what they are made of this weekend. Let's see what they can bring.... Hopefully they can toughen up and play with what they have, instead of worrying about which players they don't have.
I seriously like the caps, but I don't like what they have reverted to as of late, and how easy they are to throw players under the bus, parents badmouthing other kids, kids badmouthing kids, and everyone talking about which team everyone is going to next year.
If we could focus on hockey instead of all the bs and bad mouthing team may be able to play a respectable game. It is embarrassing for not only the players but especially the parents.... you know who you are.

Bwhahaha bwahahaha bwhahaha Implosion bwhahaha bwhahaha bwhahaha

Most of these kids will be at the Giants and or Kings next year. How many fights have the players got into this season?

How about the coaches this season

FUBAR

we are seeing many crap parents and players snooping around at ssk.
I hope ssk does not lower their standards. I would rather have my kid lose, knowing he did his best, and walk out of the rink with pride, rather than dealing with the back stabbing, name calling, negative atmosphere that the caps bring. I know I speak for many.
Hold tight, do the right thing.... it will be over soon enough, don't let them ruin our club as well

Same at 95. Stay away!

two 05 caps, and three 06 caps at e9 practice both this week and last week

anon

anon

Four 05 caps at practices. Sinking like the Titanic!

Thank the good lord that the Caps did not play MFR yesterday! They would have lost double digits to that team!

We'll see. Confirmed, 2 E9 forwards and 1 D, just signed on as subs. All 3 are best players on their respective teams. Both forwards are fast and can score. Should help give the caps some offense.

Anon
We'll see. Confirmed, 2 E9 forwards and 1 D, just signed on as subs. All 3 are best players on their respective teams. Both forwards are fast and can score. Should help give the caps some offense.

Bahaha. That's exactly what we expected out of Sgt hulka! A team that already has 9 forwards and 5 defense is going to welcome three more players with open arms because those parents care about winning over their own kids ice time. Hahahaha

Anon

Caps...where youth hockey players go to end their young careers! Confirmed.

I'm guessing those Caps parents that were a little hesitant about the Giants this season are regretting listening to the naysayers on the D Board.

Caps tied the top team in the EHF on Sunday. Scrappy squad. In most games. Coach has them playing about as good as they can. Decent talent but no goal scorers. There are 8 teams in the division that are much worse off than them. Give it a break Caps bashers.

Federal Hill
Caps tied the top team in the EHF on Sunday. Scrappy squad. In most games. Coach has them playing about as good as they can. Decent talent but no goal scorers. There are 8 teams in the division that are much worse off than them. Give it a break Caps bashers.

Ok Seargent, I'll cut the boys a break but don't deny this is your post. When I walked into your office two weeks ago, I saw you were on the Dboard.

Go caps go! Even if the Caps step back to aaa, aa, and state league they will survive. It is much harder than most know to keep teams at the Elite level.

Say what you want, but 2005 caps won the JWK tournament this weekend. This is a team that will never back down and CAN win against the best teams in the country.

Ovi
Say what you want, but 2005 caps won the JWK tournament this weekend. This is a team that will never back down and CAN win against the best teams in the country.

Good point. Now they've proven they can hang with the iron and class of the U.S. It takes a ton of grit to sneak past the New England Cape cod Hurricanes, they proved their worth today.

Don't forget they also destroyed the Tier 2 Springfield Riffles a whopping 3-1

Caps score combined 14 goals in last 2 games, scoring drought is over!

Anon

sounds like a crap is struggling to get flushed...

Anon

vs the iron of the EHF too I see... Bandits and Breakers...

Grabbing for straws.

Did the CRAPS play today...... or did they not want to drive in the rain?

Wow your a one sorry **** pathetic dude. Your kid got cut from 05 prov caps a few years ago. This means so he was 7/8 and your are still this bitter? Wow move on dude! Let that sh*t go

Leave the craps alone, when things were going well for them (several yrs ago), the parents, coaches, and ownership did nothing but support all the other orgs and leagues. They never puffed their chest and flaunted their new sweat suits, bags, and 3 game jerseys. They were always there to help. Come on........ I mean it...... please stop.......

The caps have been weak for years. At most they have had one competitive elite team over the past 5 seasons. The days are over were they could bs a talented kids parents to get him to join the club. They have never been able to develop what they have, not have they ever tried to develop, instead tryouts begin the day after tryouts end, yesterday's stud is tomorrow's cut, players actually loose talent the longer they stay.
Please, no disrespect to the players and parents that are currently with them.

Nail on the head

Exactly. Who are they bringing in to ruin?

Well last year they were only able to BS a few state league kids, not the state league kids fault, but will definitely result in rapid decline.

Craps sign two 05 state leaguers

Not to sure about that, spoke to coach last week, he said he locked 2 EHF Elite, still working on E9 stud, and have several he has not evaluated yet. Total new look for 17-18 season, looking forward to it.

Team is locked in. Players have received and accepted contracts for next season.

Sorry, please revoke that last statement. The rug was pulled out. Hopefully there is a diamond in the rough

If not, ri state league