Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RiverHawks Purchased by Gallant

You can only have one team at every level...islanders already have elite and tier 1 black which means hawks will be third and fourth teams

Anon
You can only have one team at every level...islanders already have elite and tier 1 black which means hawks will be third and fourth teams
why 3rd and 4th? Only tier 1 team. And the Terriers have gotten around one team per level rule by running it out of different locations. I believe there are few others that have similiar scenarios at the tier 1 level.

Anon
Anon
why 3rd and 4th? Only tier 1 team. And the Terriers have gotten around one team per level rule by running it out of different locations. I believe there are few others that have similiar scenarios at the tier 1 level.
I think he means EMHL as the 4th level team, which the website says they will have.

No teams have gotten around it this year...Terriers are grandfathered and they still have to play in to black....They have to have separate team names and orgs to have multiple teams unless the Islanders I mean EHF changes the rules....Only terriers are allowed this...

Here is the posting....It also mentions Mass Select but I think that is for older teams as Riverhawks I believe are already in that league....My guess is they add another color or two....no matter what you want to believe or are told the Riverhawk teams will become the third and fourth and fifth teams...they aleady have a 1 and 2 team in their organization...this may allow some hawks to move up to the 2nd team but most will be on 3rd or lower...doesn't mean a bad thing but that's the fact jack

TRANSITION
• Islanders to Provide All Levels
• Riverhawk Coaches and Teams to be Retained
• Skate 3 Home Arena
• Additional Teams to be Added
• No increase in Price but more Hockey!!!
ISLANDERS DEVELOPMENT MODEL
• Age appropriate practice models
• Full Sheet and Off Ice Components
• Consistent Skills Model, Training
BEST LEAGUES
• EHF (Tier 1)
• Mass Select League
• EMHL
NATIONAL BOUND TEAMS
• U14
• U15
• U16
• U18

anon
No teams have gotten around it this year...Terriers are grandfathered and they still have to play in to black....They have to have separate team names and orgs to have multiple teams unless the Islanders I mean EHF changes the rules....Only terriers are allowed this...

Here is the posting....It also mentions Mass Select but I think that is for older teams as Riverhawks I believe are already in that league....My guess is they add another color or two....no matter what you want to believe or are told the Riverhawk teams will become the third and fourth and fifth teams...they aleady have a 1 and 2 team in their organization...this may allow some hawks to move up to the 2nd team but most will be on 3rd or lower...doesn't mean a bad thing but that's the fact jack

TRANSITION
• Skate 3 Home Arena
BEST LEAGUES
• EHF (Tier 1)
• Mass Select League
• EMHL
NATIONAL BOUND TEAMS
• U14
• U15
• U16
• U18

Thank you Richard!

anon

TRANSITION
• Skate 3 Home Arena
BEST LEAGUES
• EHF (Tier 1)
• Mass Select League
• EMHL
NATIONAL BOUND TEAMS
• U14
• U15
• U16
• U18

There is nothing to get around , the Riverhawks teams will still be called the riverhawks , much like Lovell has the Ice , Advantage , Knights etc ....

The email and facebook blasts says that Dual State River Hawks become Islanders starting in 2017/2018 season. And the first line of the transistion says Islanders to provide all levels.

That certainly seems like they'll be changing everything over to Islanders and not just under the same ownership. Somewhere in the emails it would still reference them remaining River Hawks if that were the case.

Anon
The email and facebook blasts says that Dual State River Hawks become Islanders starting in 2017/2018 season. And the first line of the transistion says Islanders to provide all levels.

That certainly seems like they'll be changing everything over to Islanders and not just under the same ownership. Somewhere in the emails it would still reference them remaining River Hawks if that were the case.
I get your point, but not every product Coca Cola sells is called Coke. Again, just like the Lovell model, they will have Islanders teams and Riverhawk teams at the different levels, all run by the IHC organization.

what if River Hawk coaches don't stay?

anon
what if River Hawk coaches don't stay?

Then they leave ?

ANON
anon

TRANSITION
• Skate 3 Home Arena
BEST LEAGUES
• EHF (Tier 1)
• Mass Select League
• EMHL
NATIONAL BOUND TEAMS
• U14
• U15
• U16
• U18

There is nothing to get around , the Riverhawks teams will still be called the riverhawks , much like Lovell has the Ice , Advantage , Knights etc ....

Correct. Much like Caps did it this year with their merger with Friars and Woonsocket

And they will be in the mass select league, win win for everyone, I can hear gilly whining from Tyngsboro

they are all being called Islanders and they will all be the third and fourth teams that is what people are being told including the coaches. That's a fact jack...its not like lovell or providence...it could be good for some kids to get on the higher teams and for the rest they will be at the same level or maybe notch below and will be in the orange...

Islander (T) will play in EHF Tier 1.

Existing Islander Tier 1 teams will stay in same league.

Therefore, the two Islander Tier 1 teams will play each other if in same division of EHF.

They are separate but all under one Top Company Name.

No one would buy an organization and then remove them from one league to play in a lesser competitive league.

The message cannot be clearer on the websites, in the coach meeting on Monday Night and in all the signage in the lobby.

What about the possibility of the Islander elite team moving to USPHL youth division and the existing Islanders tier 1 team moving up to elite next year with River Hawk teams in EHF tier 1 and EMHL?

Nope. Travel would be ridiculous. Closest team would be in NYC.

Simple message. Riverhawks stay same, just wear orange, light blue and white.

Anon
What about the possibility of the Islander elite team moving to USPHL youth division and the existing Islanders tier 1 team moving up to elite next year with River Hawk teams in EHF tier 1 and EMHL?

Come on...use your head. You really think the BJE and BJT amongst others are going to be cool with playing the second Islanders teams?

USPHL guys should just give up on the who USPHL youth thing. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

What are you smoking...I don't think it is legal yet...the Tier 1 team is at the low end of the black division in most years....no way they get moved to elite...stop the madness

USPHL Youth division already exists, granted its with CT, NY, NJ teams. Look at the list of organizations on the USPHL website and the Islanders list USPHL Youth as one of their divisions as well.

I believe the Islanders Tier 1 teams have more in the top half than lower half of the upper division and no teams in white division. And its not like the rosters will stay locked for next season. Even if they kept half their current tier 1 rosters and supplemented with top outside kids from E9, Top Gun, etc I'm sure they'd still be at least middle of the pack in EHF most years.

Not saying that its definitely happening but I can see how it could work if thats the route they want to go.

Anon
Anon

Come on...use your head. You really think the BJE and BJT amongst others are going to be cool with playing the second Islanders teams?

USPHL guys should just give up on the who USPHL youth thing. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
You only think it ain't broke because your kid only plays against other watered-down MA teams. As flawed as the MHR ranking are, take a look at where the MA teams rank nationally - maybe one MA team in the top 10 - and it gets worse at the older age groups.

It may be a supplemental schedule in 2017/18, but USPHL Youth makes a lot more sense than the incestuous EHF / E9 model.

there is no way the dboard would allow the EHF/E9 controversy to go away. it is a dead horse that will be beaten for years to come.

when EHF teams were beat by BHL teams couple weeks ago - it silenced even the strongest EHF crazies, really no argument anymore.

anon
when EHF teams were beat by BHL teams couple weeks ago - it silenced even the strongest EHF crazies, really no argument anymore.

What year? 09s? That was EHF aaa(tier 1) team not elite but the E9 elite team did beat them. Good game tho!

05 - no secret

anon

you really let people know your kid plays in the BHL...

I do - good coach, good kids, and it works logistically. Proud to represent BHL and see kids developing at 11yo. Also happy to beat some more EHF teams but that wont happen b/c they wont play us - enjoy the next few months as you try and replace half your team.

anon
I do - good coach, good kids, and it works logistically. Proud to represent BHL and see kids developing at 11yo. Also happy to beat some more EHF teams but that wont happen b/c they wont play us - enjoy the next few months as you try and replace half your team.

ok snowflake. we get it your with her.

anon

could not agree more. good for the RIF 05 beating up on those EHF teams. those EHF parents must be so disgusted. honestly, go and beat your chest about the EHF. just remember, they are 11 and it is about becoming better players. none of those TG/NEF kids will get better as long as they think they are better because of some league. RIF just proved it. coach of the RIF is doing a great job, has good kids and they are having fun. go RIF!

anon
anon

could not agree more. good for the RIF 05 beating up on those EHF teams. those EHF parents must be so disgusted. honestly, go and beat your chest about the EHF. just remember, they are 11 and it is about becoming better players. none of those TG/NEF kids will get better as long as they think they are better because of some league. RIF just proved it. coach of the RIF is doing a great job, has good kids and they are having fun. go RIF!

So you're agreeing with a guy who is "beating" his chest about the BHL being able to beat the EHF while bashing EHF parents for beating their chest about being better than the BHL....hmmmmm

You must be as stupid as you look. Read the thread moron! Agree with the BHL guy and think you idiot EHF parents need to get a grip and not a comfort grip for the shovel you will be using in the morning at your job - meatlick!

So you're agreeing with a guy who is "beating" his chest about the BHL being able to beat the EHF while bashing EHF parents for beating their chest about being better than the BHL....hmmmmm [/quote]

Anon
You must be as stupid as you look. Read the thread moron! Agree with the BHL guy and think you idiot EHF parents need to get a grip and not a comfort grip for the shovel you will be using in the morning at your job - meatlick!

So you're agreeing with a guy who is "beating" his chest about the BHL being able to beat the EHF while bashing EHF parents for beating their chest about being better than the BHL....hmmmmm
[/quote]
Why so defensive BHL guy? If you know your league is so great than why the need to prove it big guy?

Anon
Anon

Why so defensive BHL guy? If you know your league is so great than why the need to prove it big guy?[/quote]

why so insecure EHF dad? If your league really is so superior there would be no need to emphasize it in every single thread.

Islanders website for starters