Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
05 EHF parents are delusional

I have older boys and experienced this before.

The 05 EHF parents are living in a delusional world where they think, because their kid plays in the EHF, that they are head and shoulders above other kids. This is not an E9 versus EHF argument - because at most ages the EHF is a better league, BUT that is not the case with the 05 age group. The only two kids that would be head and shoulders above everyone don't play! The rest of the players are decent players, but not any better than others. Just look at the results of teams.

Please if there is one thing you take out of this - they are now at an age where you will see the bigger and stronger kids come into their own. Regardless of what league they are in this is about the time when you see a kid and say - "he got a lot better". It is also the time when the smaller little water bug type of kid cant do what they once could because the game is getting more physical. The days of little Johnnie stick handling by three kids and scoring are coming to an end. Passing ability, strength, and coach ability all are more important.

All you should care about is if your kid has the correct coach to develop them and get them ready for checking and high school. Literally nothing else matters.

Re: 05 EHF parents are delusional

Let me be the first to say sorry your kids got cut by the EHF teams....

Nope. my kid is an 04 EHF player. I am just so sick of the 05 parent year.

Your kids aren't that good and you will soon find out in High School.

What are you talking about? A blanket statement that the 05 class (11 year old kids) is less talented than the 04 class at the same time...let's wait and see what happens. Considering that 1/4 of the 05s will play school hockey with the 06 class and are 4 years from high school, you are pretty bold in your prediction.

anon
What are you talking about? A blanket statement that the 05 class (11 year old kids) is less talented than the 04 class at the same time...let's wait and see what happens. Considering that 1/4 of the 05s will play school hockey with the 06 class and are 4 years from high school, you are pretty bold in your prediction.

Don't forget that all of the 05s will play HS hockey with 04s, 03s, and 02s as well. It doesn't get easier, it gets harder for them.

And I don't see where the poster said the 04 class was stronger than the 05 class.

3/4 of the 05s will play with the 04/03/02s . The rest will be with 06/05/04/03. Plus, this is the case for EVERY year... The 04s play with the 03/02/01s. There is no point here at all

anon
3/4 of the 05s will play with the 04/03/02s . The rest will be with 06/05/04/03. Plus, this is the case for EVERY year... The 04s play with the 03/02/01s. There is no point here at all

Thank you !

anon

Poster suggested his 05 son was all set because he would be playing HS hockey with 06s, but conveniently left out that he would also be playing with 04s, 03s, etc. That was my point.

Right now, unless something changes dramatically, there are 5 kids at the 05 age group that will play varsity as freshmen, that includes the 2 that play 04. These 05 parents are mental!

You have no idea who will be playing as freshman in 3 years including the 2 who play up. To say there are only 5 is just a guess on your part. A lot changes as the boys hit puberty. Stop ripping the 05 parents just because you think your kid is one of the 5 you mention. From what I have seen the gap has closed between your kid and others. So stop talking down to other parents as it might be you looking up at other kids in the next few years.

Anon
You have no idea who will be playing as freshman in 3 years including the 2 who play up. To say there are only 5 is just a guess on your part. A lot changes as the boys hit puberty. Stop ripping the 05 parents just because you think your kid is one of the 5 you mention. From what I have seen the gap has closed between your kid and others. So stop talking down to other parents as it might be you looking up at other kids in the next few years.

You must be one of those parents with a bender who thinks its about size. That idea will get shattered very soon.

dont have an 05 but had to respond b/c you're clueless. They haven't hit puberty or started checking yet - it's a different game a lot will change.

Have more than one playing. Stars were aligned funny in 2005, craziest parents ever. And yes, until they hit puberty and grow and find their own motivation, no idea how it will turn out. Sometimes kids change dramatically and the water bugs loose their shine as do the kids that were big first. Just support your player and instil a work ethic, see what happens.

anon
Nope. my kid is an 04 EHF player. I am just so sick of the 05 parent year.

Your kids aren't that good and you will soon find out in High School.

The 05 parents are sick of you too and that is why your son plays up. Your kid is not that good either and all the parents think you are a donkey....

I love the 05 threads! I cant believe there are some many idiot parents that far out of touch with reality. Keep it up guys, your all very entertaining!