The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lovell a scam post

TL or JL now the site admin? They must not like the truth being spread about them. Post was taken down

Re: Lovell a scam post

You must not know anything about hockey if you think that's the truth.

Sorry your kid got cut!

http://generals.nahlleague.hockeytech.com/northeast-generals-announce-coaching-change

ANON
http://generals.nahlleague.hockeytech.com/northeast-generals-announce-coaching-change

R.I.P. to the new USPHL junior league

Anon
ANON

If you're serious, you have been drinking too much blue Kool Aid.

What this means more than anything to me is that Lovell Hockey will be moving from Hingham to Attleboro within 2 years.

Anon
Anon
ANON

What this means more than anything to me is that Lovell Hockey will be moving from Hingham to Attleboro within 2 years.

What this means is that the new program in Attleboro is going to bleed the Caps dry, Advantage will stay dominant in Hingham.

Lovell in Hingham killed the Breakers, Lovell in Attleboro will kill the Caps, when he buys the Rangers in Tewksbury it will be KABOOM for TopGun....you see where this is going? Maybe go check out a skills, guarantee they're a lot better than the ones you're getting on the Tier 1 team at the Kings...

Anon
Anon
Anon
ANON

What this means is that the new program in Attleboro is going to bleed the Caps dry, Advantage will stay dominant in Hingham.

Lovell in Hingham killed the Breakers, Lovell in Attleboro will kill the Caps, when he buys the Rangers in Tewksbury it will be KABOOM for TopGun....you see where this is going? Maybe go check out a skills, guarantee they're a lot better than the ones you're getting on the Tier 1 team at the Kings...
Your post makes no sense. Not sure about the Caps, they don't seem to be a very strong program these days, but I know Top Gun would be toppled by a stiff breeze. So, that isn't the aim, and wouldn't be an accomplishment. Also don't see him buying the Jr Rangers, that arena is a mess.

No idea at all what you're talking about with the comment about the Kings, or who it was meant for.

This is comical that you think that these two guys coaching basically a high school team trying to compete at a higher level will make any difference? If you know anything about the Generals you would understand that the founders did this for their kids. They have never been able to compete and never will. Tuition free hockey in the Northeast is never going to fly. This is a move by Lovell to basically take the program over next year and rebranded as 95 Giants. Nothing more. They will stay in the crappy tier 3 Junior League they play in. The Generals are being removed from their tier 2 team league because they can't compete. The Caps do not have a junior program so there is no impact there. All this does is water down the Lovell program even more because it takes Tim and Joe away from their regular teams.

You can put Babcock or Torts behind the bench at the Generals and they still can't win a game because the last time I checked you need players who can compete at the level and league in which they play.

This is also a move by TL to find a home for his little guy to play in. Everything he has done has been about his kid. If you don't see that by now then you never will because you're blinded by the blue Kool-Aid. Little TL is a fabulous player but too small to be picked up by a prep school or anywhere else. It's a shame that he has not grown.

As far as the blue Kool-Aid comment about the breakers? Last time I checked they have multiple teams at multiple levels, play in a much better league than blue Kool-Aid, and have about the same records as BA teams. Not sure where that is killing a program.

T-mac is killing that program.

Re: Lovell

Anon
This is comical that you think that these two guys coaching basically a high school team trying to compete at a higher level will make any difference? If you know anything about the Generals you would understand that the founders did this for their kids. They have never been able to compete and never will. Tuition free hockey in the Northeast is never going to fly. This is a move by Lovell to basically take the program over next year and rebranded as 95 Giants. Nothing more. They will stay in the crappy tier 3 Junior League they play in. The Generals are being removed from their tier 2 team league because they can't compete. The Caps do not have a junior program so there is no impact there. All this does is water down the Lovell program even more because it takes Tim and Joe away from their regular teams.

You can put Babcock or Torts behind the bench at the Generals and they still can't win a game because the last time I checked you need players who can compete at the level and league in which they play.

This is also a move by TL to find a home for his little guy to play in. Everything he has done has been about his kid. If you don't see that by now then you never will because you're blinded by the blue Kool-Aid. Little TL is a fabulous player but too small to be picked up by a prep school or anywhere else. It's a shame that he has not grown.

As far as the blue Kool-Aid comment about the breakers? Last time I checked they have multiple teams at multiple levels, play in a much better league than blue Kool-Aid, and have about the same records as BA teams. Not sure where that is killing a program.

Man you are all over the board with this post. So the Generals are no longer going to be in the NAHL? Little TL can basically pick the program he wants to go to. Making a Prep team is pretty much a joke and as for 'anywhere else' I would suppose the kid has a spot out in the Midwest when he is ready. He has gotten worse players spots out there and you know he has (or had) USHL local scouts on his staff right? They will be fine even if you can't afford to have your kid play there and good luck to them.

High school hockey? I don't think so!
Yes the team is struggling in their first season, but that doesn't mean it's high school equivalent. Isn't the USPHL trying to get recognized as Tier 2 junior league?!

http://nahl.com/the-nahl/about.cfm

USPHL won't make it to tier II with only a few quality teams. I wonder what will happen with BA's Tier I junior teams. Will they just move the kids over to the NAHL Generals? Regardless there are some moving parts over the next few years as far as local Junior hockey.

Lovell currently does not have any juniors teams bozo

Anon

What is that Tier 1 U20 team considered ? I always though that was a junior team

Anon
Anon

What is that Tier 1 U20 team considered ? I always though that was a junior team
They aren't Tier 1, as the only Tier 1 junior league is the USHL. They may not even be recognized by USA Hockey. No league affiliation that I'm aware of.

Boston Advantage will now enter the junior market as they will field a U20 team for the 2016/17 season. The junior program will play other junior and prep school programs all across North America as well as making an international trip overseas.

Wow, calling people bozo and you might want to learn a bit around here.. Tier I as in the 'Tier I Elite Hockey League'

http://tier1elitehockeyleague.pointstreaksites.com/view/elitehockeyleague

anon
Wow, calling people bozo and you might want to learn a bit around here.. Tier I as in the 'Tier I Elite Hockey League'

right, thought maybe I was the confused one

but rememebr, they cant put anything on the Dboard that isn't true...

Exactly. Love the parents of Squirt players bad mouthing programs and acting like they are experts on the hockey landscape and they're 2-3 years into it. If they would just stay positive and listen and learn and enjoy their time they will end up better informed and with fewer ulcers.

Tier1 Elite League is a very good league however it is not formally junior hockey. It is considered an independent youth league even at the older levels.

Lovell currently does not have any junior teams. He tried to field a U20 team for the Knights and Giants and could not get enough players which is why he is slowly infiltrating the Northeast Generals.

Some criticize Lovell for not owning his own rinks and think it hurts him. Contrary to that belief he actually minimizes his financial risk. Not owning his own rink is not his problem. His biggest problem is not owning a formal Juniors program and the e9/BHL not being recognized as competitive.

Case in point. He put together a youth Lovell All-Star team and sent them to the Bauer Invite in Chicago a few months back and they got slaughtered. Did not win a game and only scored like one goal.

The youth glory he had was with his sons 02 team. That has come and gone. They were the best team he has fielded at the youth level and they still could not compete on a national level or even at the top team level of the Fed.

He has a very successful program however put things in perspective. He's simply not putting the number of kids in college as he promises for the money so the Northeast Grnetals is a better gateway to do so. You will see them rebranded for next season as 95 Giants. I hate to say it because I can't stand the organizations but he is trying to play catch-up to the Kings, Jr Bruins and Bandits junior programs which are highly successful. Heck he has tried to buy the Bandits many times but can't afford the asking price even for that crap organization. This is why the tale of him buying the BJR is simply that, a tale. He does not have the finances to do so. He also does not have the desire to try to turn that organization around.

Right, but the point was the guy confusing the T1EHL with the hockey designation of the various junior leagues not knowing people were talking about the league.

I don't see any panic in "trying to play catch-up to the Kings, Jr Bruins and Bandits junior programs." Hey they've been around a long time and they're pretty established so to work the NAHL angle they might actually be leap-frogging the pack in a few years.

I just don't get the whole animosity point of some posters though. It is a different program and they have done well, let's leave it at that. Yeah they charge more, but from what I've experienced with them they have more than delivered. When my son played there they had X number of games scheduled and X number of practices scheduled and we always had more games, more tournaments, more practices and if the kid wanted to spend more time at another practice or play on a different team they went out of their way to accommodate the kid. And then to see people posting on here "oh for that much money it comes out to $X per hour of practice and...and...and..." which was totally uninformed. All I know is those guys taught my kid how to actually skate and play the game and this was after 5-6 years of being in some pretty shoddy programs. Sure some people can't afford the extra cash but are those the same people that hate a driver in the car next to them because they're driving a Corvette and there is no way he can afford it?

Last 2 posters seem to agree and make valid points. Shocking for the board.

True. The tired haters - the guy who hates Walpole Express; the guy who hates everything about The Cape & hockey; the guy who hates the Capitals; the guy who hates Boston Advantage - is such a tired schpeial. As if one guy bad mouthing pretty successful programs (and we aren't talking wins and losses here) is taken as legit. So your kid didn't make a team, you can't afford a team, the owner is a mean guy....whatever.

Youth hockey is all about skill development. Lovell puts out a great skill program. If your kid goes to his practices and good skills and can't make it at the U14 level it is not the programs fault. Parents see that and understand kids went to the best and tried their best. If it doesn't pan out it doesn't pan out. That is why people love the Lovell's program

anon

Ummmmm, there is no U20 in T1EHL. The U18, U16 and U15 teams are in that league, but the U20s are a true independent.

So what's your point? That the previous poster is an idiot and didn't realize that that league does not have "juniors" in it?