Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Terriers a class organization

anon
Dude, whatever.

Not that it makes any difference, but dude...

The hypocrisy on this board is hilarious. If this is a Lovell tournament and they change the rules to see an EHF team on the outside looking in, everyone is in huffs and puffs. Same if it were an EHF tournament affecting E9. Everyone would shout murder.

I am not nearly as much excited as you make me out to be. Plus I can at least make out two other parents in this thread. Stop assuming it is always the same guy keeping this thread alive, this is only my second post. Also, what is it with the condescending "you girls played a good tournament you should be happy with that". Ah now I remember, this board is for boys hockey only. Sorry my mistake.

Cheating, is cheating, it doesn't matter which tournament. If it is ok in this tournament then it should be ok at States, because at the end all that is different is the trophy handed out. So we all agree, it is ok to cheat, yes?

Hey it works for the Patriots!

Exactly. I love these New England parents that complain about cheating and then the buy their kids Brady jerseys and sit them in front of the T.V. every weekend to watch the Cheatriots. Somehow the high horse isn't so high when it's your football team.

I think what happened and maybe the Terriers should clarify is someone pointed out that their tournament rules were not in synch with the standard USA Hockey rules and they went back to them. An honest mistake corrected.

Can someone clarify how and what rules were changed. From what I know there were 3 teams that were tied, all went 3 and 1. So they determined what 2 teams went to finals by goals for/ goals against. Is that correct? Isn't that what most tournaments do?

And not to beat a dead horse but the Breakers U12 girls and the breakers Tier 1 rostered 1 girl who is on the upper level girls team. Not a big deal, I thinks most teams even the Lovell Knights had kids from an EHF team, the Conquistadors had a few Advantage kids so let's not make it seem like the Terriers were the only ones that had kids brought in to fill spots for the tournament.

Really plain and simple all teams played 4 games, the two with the best records made the finals and the winner of that game won the championship.

anon
Can someone clarify how and what rules were changed. From what I know there were 3 teams that were tied, all went 3 and 1. So they determined what 2 teams went to finals by goals for/ goals against. Is that correct? Isn't that what most tournaments do?

And not to beat a dead horse but the Breakers U12 girls and the breakers Tier 1 rostered 1 girl who is on the upper level girls team. Not a big deal, I thinks most teams even the Lovell Knights had kids from an EHF team, the Conquistadors had a few Advantage kids so let's not make it seem like the Terriers were the only ones that had kids brought in to fill spots for the tournament.

Really plain and simple all teams played 4 games, the two with the best records made the finals and the winner of that game won the championship.

other than the fact that until Wednesday the distributed tie breaking rules said head to head record and then GD. Which was changed back to USA hockey rules Wednesday night. Now who benefitted from that change. I am not bitter, as I stated I am less agitated as you want make people believe. And again I find the hypocrisy hilarious.

BSB Tier 1 played their EHF roster. No additions.

Should have just flipped a coin for who went to the finals. Believe me the girls would have been ok with it...

anon
BSB Tier 1 played their EHF roster. No additions.

Bsb elite played.

No BSB elite kid played in the tournament. Sorry your justification for breaking the rules is flawed.

Wrong. No BSB elite played for the Tier 1 team. 100% certain

100% right. I know the 2 elite coaches from Duxbury. They were there with their kids.

I'm on that team asshat and you are delusional. There was not a single non rostered player playing. WTF is with you nuts and your conspiracies?. Duxbury ?. What????

I think he means the 3x3 tournament. That defiantly happened

Anon
I'm on that team asshat and you are delusional. There was not a single non rostered player playing. WTF is with you nuts and your conspiracies?. Duxbury ?. What????

Your "ON" the team?

He is on the "72" Breakers

You can't deduce what he meant? Really?

anon

No, I really couldn't. Still not sure about these Duxbury coaches?

anon
anon

No, I really couldn't. Still not sure about these Duxbury coaches?

I believe he meant they live in Duxbury

Anon
The terriers are already worried about tryout turnout. Unfortunately, they panicked and made a bad call by changing the rules. After the scandal of the coach/director that stole a ton of money from the org and parents last year, they needed to win their own tourney/showcase in order to entice players.

If the Terriers organization was worried about turnout for tryouts and that tourney was the answer then I can see why they would be worried about turnout.

And are people really enticed by the fact their teams won a Tier 2 Christmas tournament at Bavis against MPDHL, BHL and Tier 1 white teams ? I highly doubt that people are enticed into an organization by the results of a meaningless tourney ! especially when the eventual winners almost

The terriers are already worried about tryout turnout. Unfortunately, they panicked and made a bad call by changing the rules. After the scandal of the coach/director that stole a ton of money from the org and parents last year, they needed to win their own tourney/showcase in order to entice players.

Anon

Who stole all the money?

anon

It's not that, it's that someone writing "we're" on the team suggests they are a little too wrapped up in the youth hockey hysteria. It's "his" team not yours, youth hockey parents.

anon
anon

It's not that, it's that someone writing "we're" on the team suggests they are a little too wrapped up in the youth hockey hysteria. It's "his" team not yours, youth hockey parents.

Everyone who posts on this board is a little too wrapped up in the youth hockey hysteria. Admit it. It doesn't hurt.

anon
anon
Dude, whatever.

The hypocrisy on this board is hilarious. If this is a Lovell tournament and they change the rules to see an EHF team on the outside looking in, everyone is in huffs and puffs. Same if it were an EHF tournament affecting E9. Everyone would shout murder.

I am not nearly as much excited as you make me out to be. Plus I can at least make out two other parents in this thread. Stop assuming it is always the same guy keeping this thread alive, this is only my second post. Also, what is it with the condescending "you girls played a good tournament you should be happy with that". Ah now I remember, this board is for boys hockey only. Sorry my mistake.

Cheating, is cheating, it doesn't matter which tournament. If it is ok in this tournament then it should be ok at States, because at the end all that is different is the trophy handed out. So we all agree, it is ok to cheat, yes?

It actually says "your girls played a good tournament" sounds like a compliment to me and not the condescending way you to chose to read it and then quote it by leaving a single letter out that changes the appearance of the remark, but whatever.

anon
anon
Dude, whatever.

Boy -someone is bitter with the way life turned out...

Where are the rules stating the roster restrictions? A tournament team doesn't necessarily have to be the same team. In fact, the USA hockey rules say you can add a person to the roster even during the game when there's a stoppage in play!

Once the game has started, an eligible player or goalkeeper may be added to the scoresheet during a stoppage of play provided no players are deleted from the game roster and maximum roster size has not been exceeded.

So it doesn't sound like cheating. Sounds more like sour grapes on your part.

NOTE: I believe the team should play with the kids they have, not build something just for a tournament. Just Sayin'

Anonymous
Oh so sorry you lost. Tough to lose I get it. As far as teams pulling in kids from other teams that might be true. It's a tournament folks, a lot of times kids can't make tournaments so they ask other kids from other teams to play. That's a fact. I was at that tournament (not on a Terrier team) and can guarantee that most if not all teams had alternates playing. Really nothing wrong with it. Get over it, move on. Enjoy the rest of your time off with your families.

Also, have to agree Terrier organization one of the best around. Never really hear negatives about them.

three teams with the same record... and no I didn't lose. if anything the girls team got cheated out of a final spot. but hey, glad you like it at the terriers.

Tier 1 Terriers have been "borrowing" kids from the Elite team and even from other teams for years. Regular season, playoffs, tournaments, whatever.

Know who else does that? Breakers. Every time you play the South Shore teams they have different kids.

Relax and get use to it. By the time they're midgets you'll see a roster is hardly a fixed roster. One weekend a kid will be on one team and the next he shows up on another. Relax I hope the kids had fun and let's leave it at that.