Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What would you do?

anon
Most hockey dads are dilutional

Best misuse / use of made up word in dboard history.

anon
anon

Dilution:

the action of making something weaker in force, content, or value.
Nope - he nailed the content part of it...

Is baba booey on here?

au·to·cor·rect

noun
ˈôtōkəˌrekt/
1. a software function that automatically makes or suggests corrections for mistakes in spelling or grammar made while typing.
"disable autocorrect so you can see your mistakes and find your weak spots"
verb
ˌôtōkəˈrekt/
1. (of a software function) automatically correct (mistakes in spelling or grammar).

proofread
transitive verb
: to read and mark corrections in (as a proof)

anon
anon

Actually, we could make it a real word as in, " my little Johnny plays in a talent DILUTED league, yet I am still delusional in believing he will make it to the NHL.

most coaches kids don't belong on the team daddys coaches doing the kid no favors

anon
most coaches kids don't belong on the team daddys coaches doing the kid no favors

^^^^^100% TRUE ^^^^^^^

Goes on everywhere , same at VJW at a few ages too

someonepleasesaysomething
How would you approach your kids coach about the selfish play of his own son? that his failure to be a team player is going to result in a mass exodus from the team next year if not sooner.

You post a message on the dboard and hope he reads it thinking...hmm, is this me?
It gets worse too. More than likely, he's not even paying tuition. You're footing the bill and little jimmy sits on the bench.

If the other coaches & parents feel the same you can get him remove as coach. Organization can watch a few games and if true will can him. If enough parents are unhappy they would rather replace coach than a lot of players

05 IHC

Anon
If the other coaches & parents feel the same you can get him remove as coach. Organization can watch a few games and if true will can him. If enough parents are unhappy they would rather replace coach than a lot of players

Nope. You couldn't be more wrong. If you go to the org and tell the owner that half the team is leaving, they will check in with the coach and he will say, no problem, let them go, I was going to cut most of them anyway.

If you are talking about a FED Elite team, there is a line out the door waiting to play for this team and the owners, coaches and everyone else knows it.

If you are really talking about IHC 05 coach, all RG cares about is whether or not the coach consistently keeps the team in the top three and makes semi finals in the tournaments you play in. The last thing most owners want to do is replace a coach and at the end of the day RG mostly cares about the 07 super team and how to get his tuition free junior league off the ground.

If you think the only cost of playing for a good club hockey team is the $3k you just don't get it. You have to live with the coach, and what comes with it. Most owners hire coaches they know and like, or coaches that are recommended by someone they know and like. Coaching youth hockey, especially elite EHF hockey is a pretty thankless job. Dealing with youth hockey parents is the ultimate personification of the expression "no good deed goes unpunished".

No one seems to get the fact that most owners pay the coaches by giving their kid a free tuition. There is a dollar value to that - that part is obvious. There is also the "cost" of having that kids play, whatever it that means to the team. If the kid is a stud, that cost is lower, if he blows it is higher. The owner is willing to take the hit of the coaches kid no matter what that means, if they like that coach.

Again, if you are talking about an IHC team that means going to RG and telling him he is wrong about something. Do you know that guy? He has never been wrong in his life. Just ask him.

Since you're posting anonymously, what team are you referring to in your inquiry ? Very curious .

Focker
Since you're posting anonymously, what team are you referring to in your inquiry ? Very curious .

What birth year / team?

04 Terriers had this exact issue last year. Two bad apples, father & grandfather, running team for one purpose only & it's NOT to develop a team, but ratter enable one kid. Lots of sympathy for the poor kid. Shame on everyone in the org who supported these coaches after years of problems & that's just the hockey issues...Lot of talent on that team that needs to move on to better coaching before it's to late.

I think the original poster is referring to the 06 Boston Advantage Elite team.

Anom

I thought selfish play was the hallmark of a BA player?

anon
Anom

I thought selfish play was the hallmark of a BA player?

...oh I was certain it was 05 assabet

05 assabet elite? A friend's son plays on that team says his kid likes the coaching... hmm

I'm sure selfish play has helped the 06 BA team to a 17-1-1 record in the E9 League. They have some skilled players and, more importantly, play well as a team. I wouldn't try to spin it otherwise.

anon

I'm sure selfish play has helped the 06 BA team to a 17-1-1 record in the E9 League. They have some skilled players and, more importantly, play well as a team. I wouldn't try to spin it otherwise.

yea, no, you right. no star players on this team, all selfless players top to bottom.

anon

Didn't they just lose to the last place team?

Anon
anon

Didn't they just lose to the last place team?

10-1, yesterday.

10-1? There has to be a backstory to this!

Yes its called a typographic error. BA won 10-1.

With that 10-1 thumping of the Rangers, BA just announced the start of their kicking ass and taking numbers march to the E9 title! Look out folks!

anon
Yes its called a typographic error. BA won 10-1.

Awesome. You just took the wind out of their sails

Anom

I would have guessed the 06 bsb elite. 4 daddy coaches on the bench.

My boy plays on an E9 team.... Same problem with coach's son trying to go end-to-end too often, toe dragging, and other assorted nonsense. But our coach is always yelling at his kid to move the puck. I guess thats a good sign then?

BA has a 17-1-1 record against crappie teams. They got smoked in Ottawa and tied CT oilers