Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boston Stars

Saw the 2005's in a tournament this year and it was hands down the lowest level of club hockey I have ever witnessed. This team would not be competitive at the Town B level.

If that was indicative of any of the other birth years then I would be very cautious or at least wary.

Hater

Anon
Saw the 2005's in a tournament this year and it was hands down the lowest level of club hockey I have ever witnessed. This team would not be competitive at the Town B level.

If that was indicative of any of the other birth years then I would be very cautious or at least wary.

As that 05 played only one tournament this season, and finished well ahead of a BHL 04 team and E9 05 team, I would suggest that there is indeed a lower level of club hockey to witness.

That same 05 team, in last year's Thanksgiving Tournament, tied the eventual winner of the EHF Tier 1 Black division. Lots of club teams other than the 2005's you mention that would not be competitive at the Town B level. Be wary, not just at the Stars.

Anon
Anon

As that 05 played only one tournament this season, and finished well ahead of a BHL 04 team and E9 05 team, I would suggest that there is indeed a lower level of club hockey to witness.

That same 05 team, in last year's Thanksgiving Tournament, tied the eventual winner of the EHF Tier 1 Black division. Lots of club teams other than the 2005's you mention that would not be competitive at the Town B level. Be wary, not just at the Stars.

Please provide a link to this tournament because,

No possible way we are talking about the same team. In the Turkey Tourney this year they went winless with double digit - double digit - losses in every game against BHL national and town teams ! In fact they had two PW level teams and both went winless for the week !

Anon
No possible way we are talking about the same team. In the Turkey Tourney this year they went winless with double digit - double digit - losses in every game against BHL national and town teams !

We aren't talking about the same team, then. The 2005's (the Stars compete as the Jets at the 2005 level) went 4-0 in that tourney before losing the finals. Not sure what team you saw, but it wasn't the 2005's.

slow your roll max. you lost to my daughters team in the finals.

anon
slow your roll max. you lost to my daughters team in the finals.

lmao. sums up the Stars perfectly.

Anon
Anon
No possible way we are talking about the same team. In the Turkey Tourney this year they went winless with double digit - double digit - losses in every game against BHL national and town teams !

We aren't talking about the same team, then. The 2005's (the Stars compete as the Jets at the 2005 level) went 4-0 in that tourney before losing the finals. Not sure what team you saw, but it wasn't the 2005's.

Oh well, now that you started this lets get the facts out.

The particular tournament you are speaking of : http://www.therinksatexeter.com/rinks-exeter-14th-annual-turkey-tournament-november-25-27-2016/
had three Boston Stars/Max Pro teams at that tourney at the Pee Wee level.

One was the max pro team that went 4-0 against some weak competition.

The other two teams that played at the Pee Wee level were Boston Stars teams, and since the thread addressed the Boston Stars teams those are the teams that I was referring to. Those two teams went :

Team 1 - 0-4 with the losses being; 9-0, 3-1, 11-2 and 10 nothing. Scoring one goal against a team that only won the game they played against the Stars.

Team2 - 0-3 with the losses being; 8-0, 11-1, 3-1.

So lets not tout how great the organization is when two teams went a combined 0-7 and scored 5 goals in total against BHL national and lower competition.

So I will stick with my initial assessment the two teams that I saw at the 05 level that wore the Boston Stars jerseys, pants, helmet stickers and gloves, was the lowest level of club hockey I have ever witnessed.

Anon

So lets not tout how great the organization is when two teams went a combined 0-7 and scored 5 goals in total against BHL national and lower competition.

So I will stick with my initial assessment the two teams that I saw at the 05 level that wore the Boston Stars jerseys, pants, helmet stickers and gloves, was the lowest level of club hockey I have ever witnessed.

No one touted 'how great the organization is'. Rather, it was stated a lot of other teams, under your assertion, would join the Stars at the below Town B level.

The only 2005's playing in the Stars/Jets teams play for the Jets 2005 team. The other teams for the Stars in that tournament were 2004's (second year peewees) and 2006's (playing up into the tournament). So, again, your assessment of the Stars team you saw has gone unchallenged. Where you are wrong is calling it an 05 team; it wasn't.

Anon
Anon
Anon

Oh well, now that you started this lets get the facts out.

The particular tournament you are speaking of : http://www.therinksatexeter.com/rinks-exeter-14th-annual-turkey-tournament-november-25-27-2016/
had three Boston Stars/Max Pro teams at that tourney at the Pee Wee level.

One was the max pro team that went 4-0 against some weak competition.

The other two teams that played at the Pee Wee level were Boston Stars teams, and since the thread addressed the Boston Stars teams those are the teams that I was referring to. Those two teams went :

Team 1 - 0-4 with the losses being; 9-0, 3-1, 11-2 and 10 nothing. Scoring one goal against a team that only won the game they played against the Stars.

Team2 - 0-3 with the losses being; 8-0, 11-1, 3-1.

Wow, what a jacka$$, insecure and nosey person you are. So macho man, what team and league does your stinker play on and at Exeter let's hear how you didn't have "weak" competition? Instead of trash talking an organization that doesn't involve your suck of a kid, why not go take a long walk off a short pier, you arrogant know-it-all.

anon

Wow, what a jacka$$, insecure and nosey person you are. So macho man, what team and league does your stinker play on and at Exeter let's hear how you didn't have "weak" competition? Instead of trash talking an organization that doesn't involve your suck of a kid, why not go take a long walk off a short pier, you arrogant know-it-all.

If stating facts makes me a jacka$$, insecure, nosey, and macho so be it. But, lets look at the facts, I don't think I ever mentioned anything about the powerhouse my stud plays for. In fact I think I insinuated that my kid, who I am very realistic about his talent level, played in that tourney, making him one of the "weak competition". He plays in a weak league for a weak team, but he does well and is better than lots of kids. I am am completely staified with that. And using my own "weak" player, team and organization as a barometer is why I can attest to how low those teams were.

Not like I went and started a thread about the Stars ! someone asked, and I gave my opinion which happened to be backed up by cold hard facts.

Sorry your kid plays for the Stars/Jets/Max All stars at the 06, 05 and 04 Peewee level which is actually the same team.

Anon

If stating facts makes me a jacka$$, insecure, nosey, and macho so be it. But, lets look at the facts

That's the thing, you were completely wrong on the facts. When no one argued with the dismal display of hockey you witnessed, but simply corrected you that it wasn't an 05 team, you were desperate to dispell anyone who was praising the Stars/Jets organization, which no one in this thread was doing (nice strawman).

Facts, you had none of; jackassery, you've got in spades.

that team was their 2006 team that got put up in the 2005 bracket by mistake. they got crushed. I have a friend who was on the team. the turkey tournament was not well run this year.

Best option for 2005 hockey in the greater Boston Area(other than EHF teams) is the Advantage Ice. Practice out of one rink, have very good skills, offer walk on skills during the week if you want the extra work and the coach is not a daddy coach. Team is pretty good, not lights out but has several good players.

Just Saying
Best option for 2005 hockey in the greater Boston Area(other than EHF teams) is the Advantage Ice. Practice out of one rink, have very good skills, offer walk on skills during the week if you want the extra work and the coach is not a daddy coach. Team is pretty good, not lights out but has several good players.

from what the AI parents say you would be better off with a daddy coach than you. almost whole team already skating with other teams already.

you should go over and skate with those teams. the 2007 is a new team with good coaches and 2006 is coached by Rich Heap whose got a good background. both are new teams this year.

anon
you should go over and skate with those teams. the 2007 is a new team with good coaches and 2006 is coached by Rich Heap whose got a good background. both are new teams this year.

All set with going to skate with those teams, and now that we have received "all" of the pertinent facts, one of those teams was the 2006 Heap team, and there is no way that team is competitive at the 06 level either.

But in any event, I will remove the "05" assessment and label it as a "Pee Wee" which is even more frightening as some were 04's.

In any event, go there if you want,

We are going to try it. The skills are excellent. Thanks.