Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lovells to Coach the Generals

Anon
Anon
Anon
What's up with the Lovell boys coaching the Generals NA team? How could they possibly have time for this?

I hope they do well. If anyone can save the Generals it's the Lovells. Thank goodness they offered to step in and volunteer their time to help save the program. It would be great to have a legit program at this level in the area. I know a lot of people say nasty things about them on this board and yes they do run a business to make money (after all it's America) but they do enjoy developing hockey players and programs. If they didn't step in the program would go under!!!

Best of luck Lovell Bros!

I'm thinking you're missing the point. Maybe it's great for the Generals that they took the team but what about the customers of the business that you are referring to? JL and TL have existing obligations to people who have paid them a lot of money and they are struggling to make good on those obligations as it is. Add a time-suck like this into the mix and I bet we are about to see a complete fiasco.

You will still get your money's worth. If your expecting them to be an NHL coach with your little Johnny then you need to reset your expectations. There are hundreds of kids just like yours who are paying as well. Everyone will get their money's worth.

I tell you why because they are building a 2800 seat hockey rink in Attleboro for the first franchise into the USHL. Thats right people you heard it hear first. That is the goal to turn the Generals into a USHL team, first on the East Coast.

Without Joe Lovell behind the bench...
0W-26L
With Joe Lovell behind the bench....
1W-0L

Just saying......

ANON
0W-26L
1W-0L

Just saying......

Way to go Joe!

Anon
ANON
0W-26L
1W-0L

Just saying......

Way to go Joe!

The parents of his teams that he is missing practices to be at the Generals are probably not as enthusiastic about that win as you are but...

Just Saying......

Question. How does my kid benefit from him coaching another team? Every year the two of them disappear more and more and their programs get diluted. When you write a big check thinking someone is going to coach your team and they don't show up it's false advertising. The post about the caps in trouble with the Giants coming into town is funny. They are no different from any other organization. The caps will be just fine in a better league with coaches that actually show up.

Anon
Question. How does my kid benefit from him coaching another team? Every year the two of them disappear more and more and their programs get diluted. When you write a big check thinking someone is going to coach your team and they don't show up it's false advertising. The post about the caps in trouble with the Giants coming into town is funny. They are no different from any other organization. The caps will be just fine in a better league with coaches that actually show up.

So your kid plays for Lovells but you know how often caps coaches show up to practice.... Right........

Anon
Anon

So your kid plays for Lovells but you know how often caps coaches show up to practice.... Right........

There may be a slight possibility that he has some friends whose kids play for the Caps. Just a thought

Maybe he's just a man with some sort of intellect and doesn't fall for the hockey BS. Maybe he's just a guy who refuses to blow club owners that have fooled parents. Especially non-hockey parents who are gullible. Just sayin.

Generals lost both games again this weekend. Today 10-2. That the hockey gods (Lovells) we're supposed to be the savior? Let's see what the blue/green/orange kook-Aid drinkers say now?

What's your excuse for your youth coaches not showing now? Can't seem to coach at the youth or junior level.

You're really getting your moneys worth!

Wow, talk about bitter. Sorry your kid got cut.

What coach out there is capable of turning a team around in two weeks?! Get a life.

None of that matters, they're at the nicest facility in the United States.

Generals lose next two games to the same team they beat last weekend. 5-0, 4-2.

Just sayin'

Anon
Generals lose next two games to the same team they beat last weekend. 5-0, 4-2.

Just sayin'

Rough day? Thanks for just sayin

Anon
Anon
What's up with the Lovell boys coaching the Generals NA team? How could they possibly have time for this?

I hope they do well. If anyone can save the Generals it's the Lovells. Thank goodness they offered to step in and volunteer their time to help save the program. It would be great to have a legit program at this level in the area. I know a lot of people say nasty things about them on this board and yes they do run a business to make money (after all it's America) but they do enjoy developing hockey players and programs. If they didn't step in the program would go under!!!

Best of luck Lovell Bros!

They are the only owners that I know that actually get on the ice. Every owner in the EHF and other leagues sit at home and collect checks. They know every kid in the organization by name and put the time in. Taking over the Generals is a great hockey business move, they now have a team at every level. They aren't stupid, they now have the ability to retain and develop their best players until they are 20 years old.

fusco at wizards on ice for skills all the time

better question is why would they let them coach. amazing what ppl will do for $.

It is amazing that everyday the Lovell name comes up on this board. Clearly the Lovell Brothers are doing something right to be on the minds of you Dbag I mean Dboard readers. 99% of the people in the organization love it and pay top $$ to stay and develop within the org, while the people who are not speculate and dream up negative things to say about them. I would say all this free advertising is paying off, as they keep building an empire and expanding. All the other orgs, are still just trying to maintain the status quo and field competitive teams, while they continue to add teams and continue to filter the best players towards the flagship in Hingham.

I agree.

And the bulk of the negative comments come from people who either have competing programs (or coach there) OR people that complain about the price and the money they must be making off of hockey. They complain only because they don't have the cash to put their kid into the program or they long for town hockey of 20 years ago where everyone played with their classmates, dad's got to coach and everything was done on a shoestring budget.

If money is the issue, you picked the wrong sport. If you long for neighborhood sports of yesteryear there is no sport left for you.

anon
I agree.

And the bulk of the negative comments come from people who either have competing programs (or coach there) OR people that complain about the price and the money they must be making off of hockey. They complain only because they don't have the cash to put their kid into the program or they long for town hockey of 20 years ago where everyone played with their classmates, dad's got to coach and everything was done on a shoestring budget.

If money is the issue, you picked the wrong sport. If you long for neighborhood sports of yesteryear there is no sport left for you.

Actually, the bulk of the negative comments come from people who realize that every year that goes by the Lovell product gets worse and worse and worse. Go to a team skill session or walk ons and compare to what you saw three years ago - not even close. No individual correction or attention and no effort. Usually there are a couple of young guys out there that just line the kids up and send them up and down the ice "go, go, go, go, go, go" for an hour. The edgework drills are gone, the individual attention to stride is gone, the deeking and shooting drills are just blind repetition with no correction,the efficiency and focus has dropped off the map. Massive decline every year but the prices hold or go up. No argument here that Lovell had the best skills going as recently as two years ago but now they are just taking money to say go go go. They have spread themselves too thin already and their product is suffering. The issue with the Generals is that it will push it past the tipping point. These guys seem like they care less and less about the youth teams and the quality of their product. You can say that all the chatter proves that they are doing something right but everyone knows that there is always more chatter when you are screwing up than when you are doing things right. Most happy people are content and quiet, it's the people that feel ripped off or like they have been victimized by a bait and switch that are loud.

Simply and completely false. Anyone with 2 eyes and goes to their will see that this just isn't true.

Sell the Ice, because the Lovell's are never their for anything or any skills. They may know 5 kids by sight and most kids wouldn't know them if they bumped into them. Families pay for the Lovell skills by the Tim and Joe. Instead they get U16 players teaching skills that would rather be elsewhere.

Straight lie and you know it.

My kid plays for JL. His attendance is 50% at best.

And how's your kid doing?

Fine thanks. Program doesn't deliver what they sell now though. Used too. Not anymore. Got too big. Skills still ok though.