email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bandits or Hurricanes in 2017 / 2018

Anon
Amen there is actually one smart, sane person on this board who has a grasp on reality! Thank you.
So I guess his kid has never skated for or been associated with WN. If he lives on the Cape and practices what he preaches. See if he singing same tune next year. Not likely

Anon
Anon
Amen there is actually one smart, sane person on this board who has a grasp on reality! Thank you.
So I guess his kid has never skated for or been associated with WN. If he lives on the Cape and practices what he preaches. See if he singing same tune next year. Not likely

Actually "he" has had the displeasure of dealing with WN. "He" lives off Cape but would never allow his kid to play for WN again. That was not what "his" post was about though

So every team on the hurricanes is now being coached by WN?! And if your player happens to be on the team don't they still need 4 other players and a goalie on the ice every shift? Will that team still play home and away games ? Tuition will be lower or similar to others organizations. Sounds about right to me

Anon
So every team on the hurricanes is now being coached by WN?! And if your player happens to be on the team don't they still need 4 other players and a goalie on the ice every shift? Will that team still play home and away games ? Tuition will be lower or similar to others organizations. Sounds about right to me

Not even sure what your point is here

Anon
This is quite simple. If you live in the Cape, chose a Cape program. If you live off Cape, chose a program close to you. There is no need, at the youth level, for people to be driving kids an hour each way 3 nights a week at this age. They are not juniors. What are we talking about here? 8/10/12 year olds? For goodness sakes, save your mental health, your kids grades and wear and tear on your car and realize this is youth hockey and your kid isn't going to the NHL anytime soon
That does sound about right. When you live off Cape you have more choices. But on the Cape can someone tell me my choices other than Hurricanes, Coyotes or town. Looking for guidance for select level players

The Bandits are rebuilding their 06 program, but the Hurricanes don't have an 06 program. Neither one is going to have a fantastic team next year but I think the Bandits have a better shot. The Bandits had one team and rumor is they are getting a coach from the Breakers to coach the Elite team. Again: if this is really happening, it's a definite rebuilding year for them at that level but they at least have one established team.

The rumored owner of the Hurricanes has an 06 kid but if he can't put in a very good 06 team, he will put his kid on the 05 team. And be very careful of having him for a coach. There have been major issues on any team he has coached. Not to mention questionable behavior on his part toward Parents and Players.

As far as 09, it really doesn't matter. There is still time to change if you aren't happy. If the program offers 2 practices and one skill, it is pretty consistent with any program out there. Bandits, I know, do that. Will the Hurricanes? And just because the rumored owner says it will happen, does not mean it will.

With DS running things now, this is the time to be a Bandit.

Looks like BP is in a permanent roll also. Not only are they great instructors but even better role models for your child.

Coaching powerhouse for 06 bsb

Neither program is creditable lately and the rumors that are floating around about both programs is enough to not consider either.
Play youth hockey do some skills and maybe try to land a spot on a tournament team.
Blue chips,shamrocks,tropics.

Anon
Neither program is creditable lately and the rumors that are floating around about both programs is enough to not consider either.
Play youth hockey do some skills and maybe try to land a spot on a tournament team.
Blue chips,shamrocks,tropics.

You don't land a spot on blue chips buddy.

...or Tropics.

Get over yourselves folks. Blue Chips are a thing of the past and Tropics usually scrambling for kids. Jokes of programs.

????

Your kids are young , GO for the closest team. Change the following year if you don't like it. The hurricanes ( Total Athletics if bought) will have an 06 team next year and it will become even better the following year because 06's can't play up once hitting starts and the 5 or so players who are playing in one of their 05 teams will be forced to play in the 06 year. The 09 coach for hurricanes/penguins is ex NHL and he's great. I agree with other poster GO watch both teams at each age group and definitely ask if your player can skate with team during a practice. This is the perfect time to be shadowing a practice. Big tournament weekend coming up so after the 16th all coaches are open to having players shadow a practice. Good luck

Anon
Your kids are young , GO for the closest team. Change the following year if you don't like it. The hurricanes ( Total Athletics if bought) will have an 06 team next year and it will become even better the following year because 06's can't play up once hitting starts and the 5 or so players who are playing in one of their 05 teams will be forced to play in the 06 year. The 09 coach for hurricanes/penguins is ex NHL and he's great. I agree with other poster GO watch both teams at each age group and definitely ask if your player can skate with team during a practice. This is the perfect time to be shadowing a practice. Big tournament weekend coming up so after the 16th all coaches are open to having players shadow a practice. Good luck

Why did you group Hurrcanes and Penguins at the 09 level? The penguins are a different program andvtjey are run by an NHL guy but different than the Hurricanes unless there is a new rumor starting

Anon
Anon

Why did you group Hurrcanes and Penguins at the 09 level? The penguins are a different program andvtjey are run by an NHL guy but different than the Hurricanes unless there is a new rumor starting

Its not that new ! But something I have heard pop again recently which looks like things are in the works !

Anon
Anon
Anon

Its not that new ! But something I have heard pop again recently which looks like things are in the works !
Not sure how they can be adding more teams. Isn't ice time an issue now with high schools taking time away from teams. Seems to me more teams less ice time.

Anon
Anon

Good point aren't penguins affiliated with BSB and not Hurricanes or Bandits. Sounds like someone trying to stir pot maybe CCTA

Anon
Live on the cape and have an 06 and an 09. Which program would be a better program next season? A lot of friends at Hurricanes have decided to give bandits a try next year at the 09 level but we are in a different situation bc we have an 06 as well.
We would be about 20 minutes from Hurricanes and 40 from Bandits (but could car pool). We just want to find a good program and see our kids develop there for several years.

Please only serious advice.
Bandits program is good program. Hurricanes is good program. But rumored to be selling hard to say if new ownership will have same values as current ownership. Bandits have NHL affiliate run clinics and on ice at least one team practice a week. Hurricanes have good coaching and coach run clinics. Rumored new ownership claims to have NHL affiliate to be joining. Only time will tell !! There is a cost difference between both organizations and sounds like travel differences. Like other poster have said. Both claim to have what you are looking for. Do your due diligence shadow both programs. Talk to families you will be spending time with them either way you decide. Ask your players after they shadow how they liked it. Then make your choice and live with it. Good Luck!!

Anon
Anon
Live on the cape and have an 06 and an 09. Which program would be a better program next season? A lot of friends at Hurricanes have decided to give bandits a try next year at the 09 level but we are in a different situation bc we have an 06 as well.
We would be about 20 minutes from Hurricanes and 40 from Bandits (but could car pool). We just want to find a good program and see our kids develop there for several years.

Please only serious advice.
Bandits program is good program. Hurricanes is good program. But rumored to be selling hard to say if new ownership will have same values as current ownership. Bandits have NHL affiliate run clinics and on ice at least one team practice a week. Hurricanes have good coaching and coach run clinics. Rumored new ownership claims to have NHL affiliate to be joining. Only time will tell !! There is a cost difference between both organizations and sounds like travel differences. Like other poster have said. Both claim to have what you are looking for. Do your due diligence shadow both programs. Talk to families you will be spending time with them either way you decide. Ask your players after they shadow how they liked it. Then make your choice and live with it. Good Luck!!

Don't base your decision using the last few years of the Bandits program as a guide. They are going to be huge changes at the younger leveles for next season that have already started. DS is putting his heart and soul into turning things around for the program, and you will see a completely different look for the bandits next season.

We have been very impressed with the coaching at Hurricanes over the past few years.

Anonymous
We have been very impressed with the coaching at Hurricanes over the past few years.

Yes, but with an unstable new owner, what knows what he has planned. And the poster said they have an 06. There is currently no 06. IF they can get a "competitive" team in than said new owner will be coach. If he able to form an 06 team that isn't that great great, you'll have nothing to worry about coaching because his kid will play 05

There is an 05/06 team this year. Why not try to leave the judgmental junk out of the post.

Anonymous
There is an 05/06 team this year. Why not try to leave the judgmental junk out of the post.

It is an 05 team. Since they couldn't get enough kids to put it an 06 team , they play on the 05 team. Still an 05 team. They couldn't make an 06 team. And you can bet that 05 team is not the team owners kid will play on. It will be the independent 05 team. And this is the dboard. It was created based on negativity. I suggest if you are looking for happy positive posts you are in the wrong place

You seem to know all about Hurricanes.

Anon
You seem to know all about Hurricanes.
a lot of people know lots of things. For instance did you know you can save 15% with geico

Ha ! you don't have clue ...

Anon

Don't need a clue. Just happy to see the door hit WN in the A&$ on his way out. There is finally and end in site to his path of destruction at the Bandits

Anon
question do you have a clue ? If you do will Hurricanes have 06 team because Hurricanes only have handful on the 05 #2

A different look for the Bandits should include getting rid of the rodent logo and adopting the new logo announced for the junior teams. I never really understood the connection between the squirrel or whatever it is and a Bandit. The new logo makes sense and looks a lot cooler. On the other hand, Total Athletics is a goofy name for a hockey program, they should consider adopting a hockey division name like Cape Cod Jr. Hurricanes or just Cape Cod Hurricanes, and stick with the black and red rather than going with the lousy blue color.

C'mon, for the kids, it's all about the uni's and what the team is called.

Anon
A different look for the Bandits should include getting rid of the rodent logo and adopting the new logo announced for the junior teams. I never really understood the connection between the squirrel or whatever it is and a Bandit. The new logo makes sense and looks a lot cooler. On the other hand, Total Athletics is a goofy name for a hockey program, they should consider adopting a hockey division name like Cape Cod Jr. Hurricanes or just Cape Cod Hurricanes, and stick with the black and red rather than going with the lousy blue color.

C'mon, for the kids, it's all about the uni's and what the team is called.

Thats what bothers you ? Ugh

In any event "The Bandit" is a racoon, which is often referred to as a Bandit due to their black "mask" around the eyes similar to the old fashioned Bandits.

The Cape Cod Total Athletics will be the "CCTA Admirals" stealing the logo from the Milwaukee Admirals

Tryout info up for all ages except Pee Wee on Bandit site. Any work on 05/06 coaches?

anon
Tryout info up for all ages except Pee Wee on Bandit site. Any work on 05/06 coaches?

No clear word but tons of rumors going around - the most popular are:

06 Elite - BSB Tier1 Coach taking over the 06 Elite
06 T1 - No Change
05 Elite - No Change
05 T1- BB 03 Coach taking over the 05 Tier1

Anon
anon

06 T1 - No Change
05 Elite - No Change

Pretty much what I am hearing. With the addition of an assistant coach and goalie from BSB. All from same town. Makes sense except my understanding is assistant used to be at BB and left. Wondering why he would go back

Anon
Anon
anon

06 T1 - No Change
05 Elite - No Change

Pretty much what I am hearing. With the addition of an assistant coach and goalie from BSB. All from same town. Makes sense except my understanding is assistant used to be at BB and left. Wondering why he would go back

Don't know any of them personally but my first guess would be that he's following the HC...

Anon
anon

06 T1 - No Change
05 Elite - No Change

1 out of 4 ain't bad, but I hope your not a betting man !!

Anon
Anon
anon

06 T1 - No Change
05 Elite - No Change

Nothing is posted in any of those divisions so which one were you correct on?

Anon
Anon
anon

06 T1 - No Change
05 Elite - No Change

Ok then... spill it

Anon
anon

06 T1 - Changes
05 Elite - Changes

FIFY

Anon
Anon
anon

06 T1 - Changes
05 Elite - Changes

FIFY

?