email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If every organization sucks......

anon
VJW organization doesn't get trashed much. That says something in and of itself.
second this and add MMF.

second that
anon
VJW organization doesn't get trashed much. That says something in and of itself.
second this and add MMF.
I've had a few kids go through the E9 and rarely if ever hear a bad word about VJW and Patriot Hockey, nor do I see them mentioned often here (as being poor organizations, anyway). Their teams are usually competitive up and down the age ranges (VJW probably a little more so). I don't know too much about the EHF teams except what I read.

my kid plays for the Shamrocks....great organization...great coaches; kids and parents. All kids have improved and play better each week. If you can get all these things stick with the organization....we are not elite but the team is better than town hockey and so is most of the competition. Most of us realistic parents know our kids will never play past high school so enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh and to the folks that bash the non-elites and the "non-elite organizations"....most elites will fizzle out because they do not have the work ethic...everything comes easy...so when all the hard-workers catch up (the current non-elite 10yr olds) in their teens your elite will be lucky to play high school!!

Hockey101
my kid plays for the Shamrocks....great organization...great coaches; kids and parents. All kids have improved and play better each week. If you can get all these things stick with the organization....we are not elite but the team is better than town hockey and so is most of the competition. Most of us realistic parents know our kids will never play past high school so enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh and to the folks that bash the non-elites and the "non-elite organizations"....most elites will fizzle out because they do not have the work ethic...everything comes easy...so when all the hard-workers catch up (the current non-elite 10yr olds) in their teens your elite will be lucky to play high school!!

getting coached by all those Dad coaches the Shamrocks have will make your kid not play high school. #facts

anon
Hockey101

getting coached by all those Dad coaches the Shamrocks have will make your kid not play high school. #facts

and What organization Doesnt Have Daddy coaches? can you give me that list because i would like to know that information since your throwing it out there?

He may be a Dad, but he sure knows hockey! He sure knows how to teach it to the kids.....His kid happens to be a good (probably best on team) hockey player and he is treated just the same...

We will stick with our organization and our hockey dad - he gets it. Point is - no need to change organizations if you are happy with the results of your kids development because after all they are all trying to develop.

Look at all the late bloomers in the NHL....

ok coach thanks taking time to comment. you convinced us all that playing for the shamrocks is not the same as the valley league...

Valley Warriors have been going down hill fast for a long time. EHL junior league is depleted with all the better area junior teams leaving.

Hockey101

Oh and to the folks that bash the non-elites and the "non-elite organizations"....most elites will fizzle out because they do not have the work ethic...everything comes easy...so when all the hard-workers catch up (the current non-elite 10yr olds) in their teens your elite will be lucky to play high school!!I

Most of those elites are not there because it is handed to them. The coaches kids at times are the ones who have it handed to them!

Elite kids are there because of their commitment and work ethic. Those who remain commited and follow their path will be successful. The kids who are not elite or not playing on an elite team should keep working hard and realize that they too can goes as far of they believe in themselves and keep at it