email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: JWK 05 Elite division

Anon
That team is going to prove that it doesn't matter what league you play in (none) or how many games you play (relatively few), that the kids can develop fine and beat anyone.

Is that why one of the players moonlights in the E9? You're a walking contradiction.

WRONG AGAIN!! That player left in Oct. plays full time for patriots since October and scored maybe 1 goal for hurricanes in Rochester. He is officially off hurricanes since oct. Check your facts. Maybe played 3 games total for hurricanes.

Anon
WRONG AGAIN!! That player left in Oct. plays full time for patriots since October and scored maybe 1 goal for hurricanes in Rochester. He is officially off hurricanes since oct. Check your facts. Maybe played 3 games total for hurricanes.

SO what you're saying is..he left for a better league? I don't understand Cape logic.

anon
Anon

SO what you're saying is..he left for a better league? I don't understand Cape logic.

no but someone else was saying they are not legit because they have a player also playing E9. Who gives a f.

You sir are easily confused. What Cape logic? Let's see if I can break it down for you. A player left 05 hurricanes for the 05 patriots who are top of E9 & ranked 20 on myhockey. Not confusing. No cape team said they could beat top of E9. They guess bottom half of E9. Still not confusing. So that particular family thought it was a good move for their little Johnny super stud. Ok with all that being said, I will tell you s confusing... to leave that hurricanes Coach & team and have your 11yr old travel from MV to Concord for a team that yes by myhockey rankings is significantly better, but essentially could play in the same division. If they played each other patriots would win, but by how much?! Enough to travel that far 5x a week?! Plus the player wasn't even that great and that coach is developing those players. ithe move certainly didn't affect the hurricane team one bit. The player is now basically shagging pucks for #5....now that's confusing. But to each their own not my kid not my problem. Carry on..

Anyone that takes their kid off a team to drive over an hour to play for the Patriot's should have their head examined. Did they think the coaching would make him better? Please..

anon
Anyone that takes their kid off a team to drive over an hour to play for the Patriot's should have their head examined. Did they think the coaching would make him better? Please..

An hour? Try 2 1/2.. an hour on the boat and then 90 minutes from woods hole to Concord ! I wonder if that is a record of some kind ? Anyone know of a longer commute?

2005 Elite Semi-finals

Northstars vs Caps
NE Hurricanes vs Carolina Hurricanes

Caps pull out a close one 3-2 Congrats to them. So I pose to the board, do we rip on the Caps for only beating the AAA teams by narrow margins or do we say how great the AAA teams are that they can compete with EHF royalty? Cant have it both ways.

Congrats to Caps. Hate to say it but I was there and hurricanes out played them, but Caps passed better.

anon
Caps pull out a close one 3-2 Congrats to them. So I pose to the board, do we rip on the Caps for only beating the AAA teams by narrow margins or do we say how great the AAA teams are that they can compete with EHF royalty? Cant have it both ways.

Well I guess I'm confused. Wasn't this their Indy team? Wasn't this a team that says they are elite anyway?

What they say about themselves is irrelevant.

Not from the Cape and neither a Hurricane's fan or a Caps hater. Saying that, congrats to the 05 Canes. Anytime a Tier 2 team gives a Tier 1 Fed or e9 team a game good from them. Shows how our sport is being watered down.

anon

1) that is the 05 Canes Elite team not the NEPHL team.
2) that Caps team is the 05 Elite team but they are not that good.
3)Canes still lost, a loss is a loss,
4) JWK is a weak tourney these days.
5) If your nor first, your last.

Decent AAA teams can compete with weak elite teams

Anon
Decent AAA teams can compete with weak elite teams

Can the hurricane parents just let it go... be happy and move on. Everyone knows you're not a terrible team, but you're not a great team either. Typical adults getting over involved

It's not hurricane parents posting .. wake up

anon
Anon
That team is going to prove that it doesn't matter what league you play in (none) or how many games you play (relatively few), that the kids can develop fine and beat anyone.

Is that why one of the players moonlights in the E9? You're a walking contradiction.

not involved with the team, but what does moonlighting prove? I know E9 players playing in the EHF, and I know E9 players playing in the MPDHL. so what?

The whole conversation is pointless because the kid isn't on the team and hasn't been for months.

anon
Anon

Moonshine of Moonlight????

Don't blame the whole cape for one families stupid decision .., GWAAAD

anon
TROLL
Not this guy again..with the Conqui's... not once has any coach, player or family member of 05 Indy team ever said they could beat top E9 or EHF team.. NOT ONCE. You are a troll trying to stir the pot! Never has anyone on that team said they are so great, they know exactly who they are and the level they can play at. Their coach purposely puts them in certain tournaments to see what they can do. They won AAA div of the JWK last year so the right thing to do even if they lose all 4 games is to move up and see how it goes. They are caught in the middle of AAA and elite division and proud of it. They are AA two years ago with the same exact team. So instead of only entering tournaments they can win they go for a challenge. What did the poster say earlier .. Lower E9 sounds about right. Beat it ..troll!

Wow -we owe this guy a big apology! Hurricanes beat Westchester this morning 7-1

Westchester AA team.

He didn't get a response earlier so had to re-post and you took the bait. I call Barnstable dad whose kid got cut. He was only missing a Sarg comment.

I am an 05 Pats parent and you can take him back. Trust me we also think it is nutso to do that to a kid. That commute is hurting the kid. We all see it. He should have stayed loyal to the people who helped his development. Go home if they will have you

Anon
Big big big weekend for programs. Hurricanes beat Caps that tells parents they can compete next year in the league.
Springfield beats Caps they all move to Falcons

Keep dreaming all you tier 1 teams that call yourselves elite. Say what you will about the Caps as the may be struggling a bit in the EHF but let me be the first to tell you they win this Tier 1 tourney, are the only elite team in the field, won't lose a game and are a prohibitive favorite going off at 3/5 to win this thing. So stop with all the noise about the Hurricanes. I am sure they are good people and I love the Cape in the summer but stop trying to say that you can beat the Caps.....

That is definitely not a hurricane parent saying "if they beat the caps"

What's funny is everyone is sleeping on the NorthStars. I have seen them play a few times and they can give anyone trouble. 2 big fast forwards, some scrappy forechecking, solid average D and decent Goalie. They lack depth and you can walk around their 3rd line but if their Coach shortens the bench they can win the tourney. My money is still on the Caps but 2nd choice is them.

DoIknowYou
What's funny is everyone is sleeping on the NorthStars. I have seen them play a few times and they can give anyone trouble. 2 big fast forwards, some scrappy forechecking, solid average D and decent Goalie. They lack depth and you can walk around their 3rd line but if their Coach shortens the bench they can win the tourney. My money is still on the Caps but 2nd choice is them.

That's a AAA team.

They are in the "Elite" Division of Jwk. No?

Then again...they might lose to the NE Hurricanes 5-4; whoops.

NoRth stars vs hurricanes: What a great game!! Both teams were fast and very skilled. Best match up I have seen in a while! Good coaching on both sides!

Anon
NoRth stars vs hurricanes: What a great game!! Both teams were fast and very skilled. Best match up I have seen in a while! Good coaching on both sides!

And Northstars are a tier 1 team

Can't be in tier I as a first year Independent team ..you need to play majority of your games against tier 1 elite teams and work yoyr way up from the bottom

Anon
Can't be in tier I as a first year Independent team ..you need to play majority of your games against tier 1 elite teams and work yoyr way up from the bottom

Northstars are in EHF tier 1

Nope they are 5th in USA Hockey Tier II. Check the facts before you post

Anon
Nope they are 5th in USA Hockey Tier II. Check the facts before you post

Well unless there is another Northstars team my kid plays Northstars in EHF tier 1

Easy to figure out. Simply look up your team on myhockey rankings.com and say what # they are?

Anon
Easy to figure out. Simply look up your team on myhockey rankings.com and say what # they are?

I believe the response was to someone saying Nstars were in elite tourney bracket and canes tourney team pointing out they beat them and someone else pointed out they are not in EHF elite but EHF tier 1.

Anon
Anon

I believe the response was to someone saying Nstars were in elite tourney bracket and canes tourney team pointing out they beat them and someone else pointed out they are not in EHF elite but EHF tier 1.

It had nothing to do with who won that match up. The teams are very close skill wise. One person said the Northstars were a tier 1 team but my hockey rankings has them in tier II. The point was they are both a lot better than tier 1 teams like westchester express etc. but need to play more tier I teams to move up in ranking and tier

Anon
Anon
Anon

It had nothing to do with who won that match up. The teams are very close skill wise. One person said the Northstars were a tier 1 team but my hockey rankings has them in tier II. The point was they are both a lot better than tier 1 teams like westchester express etc. but need to play more tier I teams to move up in ranking and tier

No one mentioned myhockey rankings. They mentioned both teams playing in Elite category at tourney specially and poster mentioned they are tier 1. That's EHF lingo for the division below Elite in regular season play. Why is that confusing?

Think the confusion is everywhere but boston tier 1 is #1. Boston 'elite' is the highest level of play for youth. See link below.

http://myhockeyrankings.com/nerd.php?b=110

New to Boston and trying 'wicked crazy while sitten in my parla which is located in the cella as I'm drinkin my dunks" and soon my kid will be a bender and get cut

Can someone tell me please. The level/leagues of youth hockey in MA, can't find i anywhere. these are the leagues I've found.
Ehf, E9, BHL, VL, YC, MPDHL, Southshor, etc.

anon
Think the confusion is everywhere but boston tier 1 is #1. Boston 'elite' is the highest level of play for youth. See link below.

New to Boston and trying 'wicked crazy while sitten in my parla which is located in the cella as I'm drinkin my dunks" and soon my kid will be a bender and get cut

Can someone tell me please. The level/leagues of youth hockey in MA, can't find i anywhere. these are the leagues I've found.

Isn't it cute how the cape parents (guessing 05 hurricanes) are finally figuring out there's life over the bridge? This is like an episode of "The Village"

Ya Cape Cod get your priorities straight! Massachusetts youth hockey really should your top focus.

Anon
Ya Cape Cod get your priorities straight! Massachusetts youth hockey really should your top focus.

...and maybe take an English class while you're at it.

anon

The only Tier 1 leagues in New England, in the traditional use of the term, are EHF Elite and Elite 9. All others are Tier 2, with a wide range of quality that is the subject of much debate so not worth ranking here (again).

DoIknowYou

Yes Canes elite team beat this tier 1 team that is playing in the elite division.

Anon
DoIknowYou

Yes Canes elite team beat this tier 1 team that is playing in the elite division.

Elite?

Northstars and hurricanes are a lot better than tier 1 westchester express so the rankings as a first year team dont really equate just have to work your way up