Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: tryout fee question

$50 for a couple hours of ice time. maybe don't do a contact before tryouts

Our program does not charge a fee for any returning players to tryout .

Most do but hey I like saving 75 bucks every year .

anon
Is it common for the clubs to charge tryout fees for returning players who are signing contracts?

Yes, most do, and it's a complete and total money grab.

Yeah...it's called business

Car dealerships call it a doc fee. Total money grab!

It's a great comparison team owners and used car salesmen. Just have to get attorneys and politicians included in that!!!

You

Yah because all of your documents for that car purchase including the taxes being sent off the state, the registration being sent off to the dmv, the money being applied to the sale and all the administrative work that needs to be done for that car you just bought get done magically and the folks that do it for you shouldn't have to be paid for. Anything over $475 is a money grab and is typically done so that the salesperson has "room" to lower the price if needed to keep the sale. Boch is infamous for this, last I heard he had a $1000 doc fee, knowing that $250-$500 of that would be coming off each and every deal and won't affect his bottom line.

anon
You

Yah because all of your documents for that car purchase including the taxes being sent off the state, the registration being sent off to the dmv, the money being applied to the sale and all the administrative work that needs to be done for that car you just bought get done magically and the folks that do it for you shouldn't have to be paid for. Anything over $475 is a money grab and is typically done so that the salesperson has "room" to lower the price if needed to keep the sale. Boch is infamous for this, last I heard he had a $1000 doc fee, knowing that $250-$500 of that would be coming off each and every deal and won't affect his bottom line.

We're talking cars now?

Anon

Like you don't make enough on the fees = give it a break.

anon
Anon

Glad you are gone this year..be someone else's headache..drunk.

anon
anon
Anon

Gone where? My player is a sophomore in high school, I just know the racket Truth hurts huh? Liar. (and btw, I don't drink - moron)

Go take another nap in the office.

The problem is, if they make it free or cheap, they will be overrun with skaters and it will be difficult to evaluate. Imagine how many crazies would be out at every other tryout if they were $10 each. Now you're looking at extra sessions, which means extra ice time, and the trouble goes on from there. So they charge what the market will bear. If you don't like it, stop paying for three tryouts and just stay where you are.

anon
The problem is, if they make it free or cheap, they will be overrun with skaters and it will be difficult to evaluate.

evaluate

anon
anon
The problem is, if they make it free or cheap, they will be overrun with skaters and it will be difficult to evaluate.

evaluate

I know. Sounded good when I wrote it.

anon
anon
anon
Anon

Gone where? My player is a sophomore in high school, I just know the racket Truth hurts huh? Liar. (and btw, I don't drink - moron)

Maybe your should drink. It clearly will give you something better to do than hang out on the youth dboard if your kid is in high school

The fee for tryouts goes to a good cause, it's called the owners kids college fund

Anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon

Maybe your should drink. It clearly will give you something better to do than hang out on the youth dboard if your kid is in high school

I didn't know you had to have an active player to post - sorry whiner.

Oh, and maybe "your" should drink too. Uneducated blow hard.

You going to charge a fee for all the time I spend in your head dummy?

anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon

Not smart enough to know what I meant? Sorry auto-correct made it hard for you to understand. I guess my education must not be too bad because I re-read it and I'm pretty sure even the simplest of minds wouldn't have had a hard time knowing what I meant or figuring out it was unintentional. But the grammar police always come out when they have nothing better to say. Bet you type "sorry your kid got cut" frequently as well, right?

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon

Not smart enough to know what I meant? Sorry auto-correct made it hard for you to understand. I guess my education must not be too bad because I re-read it and I'm pretty sure even the simplest of minds wouldn't have had a hard time knowing what I meant or figuring out it was unintentional. But the grammar police always come out when they have nothing better to say. Bet you type "sorry your kid got cut" frequently as well, right?

Wow, only took you 2 hours to respond - the space I take up in your head is amazing,

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon

Wow, only took you 2 hours to respond - the space I take up in your head is amazing,

Not the poster you are bantering back and forth with but took a quick look on what I thought was about tryout fees and for someone who has a kid in high school you sure frequent the youth board often. Appears he's the one that may have gotten in your head. But keep coming up with your witty responses. I'm sure you're at least entertaining yourself

anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon

Not the poster you are bantering back and forth with but took a quick look on what I thought was about tryout fees and for someone who has a kid in high school you sure frequent the youth board often. Appears he's the one that may have gotten in your head. But keep coming up with your witty responses. I'm sure you're at least entertaining yourself

I'd be frustrated too if I had to pay a tryout fee for a team that wasn't in the FED. Would be easier to just roll the $$ up and toss it in the fire pit.

anon
anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon

I'd be frustrated too if I had to pay a tryout fee for a team that wasn't in the FED. Would be easier to just roll the $$ up and toss it in the fire pit.

Been in the FED for years and have always had to pay a try out fee even though had a contract. FED does it too

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
anon
Anon

Unfortunately for you, it appears you are the only one impressed with what you think you are accomplishing on here. Now, to the OPs question. There are still fees for having the ice open. No fees would attract everyone and to see that those who are already offered contracts don't need to pay the fee? Well, it would be nice but they are in to make money. I don't like it either but it's minimal compared to the 3k+ we all pay for a season.