Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EHF, E9, or town

After having gone through this for many years to have a son to go to play Juniors and now in College the best advice I have for you is to enjoy the ride and let the kids have fun. I don't mean trophy for everyone fun but don't be that parent to jump team to team thinking the scouts are going to be here or there. I don't care what program the kid is in. What makes a player is their effort and coaching. No matter how many bags you have in your basement 90% of these kids wont play past high school. And at some point genetics takes over. If you are 5 foot 10 and your wife is 5 foot 3 you might want to teach him how to play golf because for every Johnny Gaudreau there is there is a 250 Adam McQuaids. Take a look at any D1 roster. My son did play in the EHF when it was 8-10 teams and they were good. The fact is 1 in the league ended up being drafted.

Re: EHF, E9, or town

Anon
After having gone through this for many years to have a son to go to play Juniors and now in College the best advice I have for you is to enjoy the ride and let the kids have fun. I don't mean trophy for everyone fun but don't be that parent to jump team to team thinking the scouts are going to be here or there. I don't care what program the kid is in. What makes a player is their effort and coaching. No matter how many bags you have in your basement 90% of these kids wont play past high school. And at some point genetics takes over. If you are 5 foot 10 and your wife is 5 foot 3 you might want to teach him how to play golf because for every Johnny Gaudreau there is there is a 250 Adam McQuaids. Take a look at any D1 roster. My son did play in the EHF when it was 8-10 teams and they were good. The fact is 1 in the league ended up being drafted.

I wish the admin would get rid of posts like this. Any post putting the EHF in the same sentence with the BHL or E9 is extremely insulting.

Too many posts about the leagues all being the same, they are clearly worlds apart. Any Daddy with 1/2 a brain can figure out the following equation:

IHC, SSK, MMF, BJE, >>>> AI, EC Wiz, Boch, GB Bruins

This is true at every level.

I figured we'd here more from the 'equality' crowd following tryout cuts. Once the dust settled and the mileage receipts were being submitted from driving from Fed rink to Fed rink.

But alas, we live in an 'everyone gets a trophy' society. So God forbid one league is mentioned as better than the rest.

Did I say God? Do I need to apologize?

#fed4life

anon
Anon

I wish the admin would get rid of posts like this. Any post putting the EHF in the same sentence with the BHL or E9 is extremely insulting.

Too many posts about the leagues all being the same, they are clearly worlds apart. Any Daddy with 1/2 a brain can figure out the following equation:

I figured we'd here more from the 'equality' crowd following tryout cuts. Once the dust settled and the mileage receipts were being submitted from driving from Fed rink to Fed rink.

But alas, we live in an 'everyone gets a trophy' society. So God forbid one league is mentioned as better than the rest.

#fed4life

#fed4life?? Dude, get a life you loser!

anon
Anon

#fed4life

Thanks for wasting the 30 seconds of my life that it took to read your post.

anon
Anon

#fed4life

I'm not going to take a side because this topic is tired, but you weaken your argument by excluding the VJW, Advantage, and Avalanche. Those organizations are pretty solid top to bottom at their elite level. It's like you don't even understand what the E9 is. And nobody is on here saying the BHL teams are comparable to EHF. Not one post on this board has ever made that claim.

#fedforlife

What an absolute jackass the guy that wrote this is.

As I wrote in my original post my son played in the EHF and yes it was competitive but if
you have a good coach in any competitive environment or league if your son wants it bad enough and
quite honestly has the genetics it will take after a certain point he can achieve at a high level.

Then they can play in high school and if good enough give the junior world a try. Then u compete with everyone
Around the world. 98% of which don't give a rats a$$ or know what the FED is.

Then if he again has size, speed, and some luck not getting injured he might get a college offer.

Im betting the guy that wrote this will still have the EHF sticker on his car long after his son hangs em up.

#fedforlife

What an absolute jackass the guy that wrote this is.

As I wrote in my original post my son played in the EHF and yes it was competitive but if
you have a good coach in any competitive environment or league if your son wants it bad enough and
quite honestly has the genetics it will take after a certain point he can achieve at a high level.

Then they can play in high school and if good enough give the junior world a try. Then u compete with everyone
Around the world. 98% of which don't give a rats a$$ or know what the FED is.

Then if he again has size, speed, and some luck not getting injured he might get a college offer.

Im betting the guy that wrote this will still have the EHF sticker on his car long after his son hangs em up.

This qualifies as the response of the year.

You are right. When you look at the head to head scores of the aforementioned EHF and E9 teams it is clearly evident that the EHF is superior. Just look at the scores

All in all the fed and e9 are equal. Anyone that tells you different is either ignorant, has no hockey knowledge, or is making money from the org.
Sometimes town leagues aren't too far behind.
Don't make a big deal out of it, let your child pay where he/she is challenged competitively and is enjoying the game with players and coaches that respect the game.

Anon
All in all the fed and e9 are equal. Anyone that tells you different is either ignorant, has no hockey knowledge, or is making money from the org.
Don't make a big deal out of it, let your child pay where he/she is challenged competitively and is enjoying the game with players and coaches that respect the game.

Sanity check in aisle 5.....

Are you out of your mind? Talk about self justification! The leagues are light years apart. I don't know you, but I know you (and your kid) tried out for an EHF Elite team and didn't make it. Rather than go EHF Tier 1 you stayed close to home with an E9 team. (totally understandable).

There is a reason, a real legit reason that all the higher end E9 players flock to the FED. Just like you will see in a couple weeks. Not for the bags or jackets, they are the same. It's to play with better competition on a better team. Period.

Save your speeches about the E9 for the boys at the 99.

anon
Anon

Are you out of your mind? Talk about self justification! The leagues are light years apart. I don't know you, but I know you (and your kid) tried out for an EHF Elite team and didn't make it. Rather than go EHF Tier 1 you stayed close to home with an E9 team. (totally understandable).

There is a reason, a real legit reason that all the higher end E9 players flock to the FED. Just like you will see in a couple weeks. Not for the bags or jackets, they are the same. It's to play with better competition on a better team. Period.

You're delusional. There are kids jumping back and forth between leagues. Aside from the IHC it's all the same.

anon
Anon

This is all well and good, and I agree the Fed is generally a little stronger, but it doesn't mean your player is necessarily better than mine because he plays in the EHF. If your guy's primary asset is playing EHF Elite and not his individual skill, then it won't matter where he played.

anon
Anon

Every word of this post is not true, except maybe "save your speeches." Please do, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Anon
anon
Anon

Every word of this post is not true, except maybe "save your speeches." Please do, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I am so spot on you are looking over your shoulder.

You bringing Dusty Benderson to a FED tryout this year or staying put?

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

I am so spot on you are looking over your shoulder.

You bringing Dusty Benderson to a FED tryout this year or staying put?

To beat a dead horse, having watched many (too many) tournaments and games between the leagues and seen players switch leagues back and forth - the only reality is that the top EHF teams are very strong and after that, they're interchangeable. It's about the coach and program, not the league. Especially once the hitting starts, it makes no difference where you are. Having a kid just wrap up high school hockey, I can make you one guarantee: no one cares where your kid played youth hockey.

You are right! My best friend coaches a D-1 college team. He tells me that if a player didn't play in the fed when he was 12 years old, he won't even look at him.

Anon
You are right! My best friend coaches a D-1 college team. He tells me that if a player didn't play in the fed when he was 12 years old, he won't even look at him.
LMAO that's funny...except these parents believe that's true.

anon
Anon

#fed4life

This guy is going to be that angry Dad who won't talk to his kid on the way home from his JV game in High School because he's thinking about the 10's of thousands of dollars he spent on Jr Bruins in squirts....good for you bud