Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what is an elite hockey player

Can you dangle in a crowd? Go pipe south? Toe people into bolivian? You got wheels? Solid flow? Canadian accent and you live in metro west? If so... welcome to the elite show brosef.

Awesome.

Anon
Can you dangle in a crowd? Go pipe south? Toe people into bolivian? You got wheels? Solid flow? Canadian accent and you live in metro west? If so... welcome to the elite show brosef.

Awesome.
Especially the part about Bolivia...

Anon
Anon
I would love to hear what you your definition of an elite hockey player is. there seams to be a lot of posters on this board that have played at an elite level....so please fill me in

Can you make the roster of an elite team that is at the top of the EHF Elite or E9 or equivalent no matter where or what division you currently play in ?
That is FAR from elite. Not even close.

At the youth level: Can you play at a level representative of the top 40 players of your age group in a major metropolitan area?

At age 16: Can you play at a level that is attracting D1 college and USHL scouts?

At age 18: Have you been drafted by an NHL team (any round will do)?

At age 21: Are you playing D1, D3 or professionally?

anon
Anon
Anon
I would love to hear what you your definition of an elite hockey player is. there seams to be a lot of posters on this board that have played at an elite level....so please fill me in

Can you make the roster of an elite team that is at the top of the EHF Elite or E9 or equivalent no matter where or what division you currently play in ?

At the youth level: Can you play at a level representative of the top 40 players of your age group in a major metropolitan area?

At age 16: Can you play at a level that is attracting D1 college and USHL scouts?

I am very happy to have my kid not be considered elite then, played with many and know many more who were not at these levels at those ages, but went on to have tremendous college and pro careers.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon

I am very happy to have my kid not be considered elite then, played with many and know many more who were not at these levels at those ages, but went on to have tremendous college and pro careers.

Never said it was a linear process. Kids develop at different times. The folks you're referring to are in the last category. Still Elite.

anon
Anon
Anon

Dude, this is a YOUTH board. Which is why most realistic parents that no these type of responses are rediculous

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon

Dude, this is a YOUTH board. Which is why most realistic parents that no these type of responses are rediculous
But, hopefully, they can spell and construct cogent sentences so you can understand their point.

MY point was that the number of area players that are elite at the youth level is 40 or so per birth year. Bet ten times that number of parents believe it to be their kid.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon

But, hopefully, they can spell and construct cogent sentences so you can understand their point.

MY point was that the number of area players that are elite at the youth level is 40 or so per birth year. Bet ten times that number of parents believe it to be their kid.

I actually believe the number of elite players per birth year is closer to five. These are the kids that will be draft prospects or impact players at the national level. The trouble with having this discussion on the youth board is that none of us have any idea which five.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon

Hey grammar police, where did you get your statistics from? Hopefully that was spelled accurately enough you comprehend the question because that would be the only reason you would need to point out spelling errors on the dboard Well, either that or you are a dbag

The Elite tag for youth hockey is a draw to get your kids to play club hockey. Nothing more, nothing less. If you are worried about your kid being an elite hockey player than I feel bad for him or her.

Anon

Oh gawd, you again?

Anon

My kid was offered an elite contract but I thanked the coach and declined. I explained my eyes have been open by this dboard guy who says there is no such thing as Elite hockey in MA

if your kid is on a FED ELITE team then he is elite , after all everyone know all the D1 scholarships go to the FED kids .....

Anon
if your kid is on a FED ELITE team then he is elite , after all everyone know all the D1 scholarships go to the FED kids .....

Oh great, now you did it. No such thing as elite hockey in NE is going to be in an uproar