Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Total Athletics

All teams except the 05's will be at least as good as last year.

Tryout numbers about the same as previous years down here. A little higher at some age groups.

Anon

Tryout numbers about the same as previous years down here. A little higher at some age groups.

They should be a lot higher with the Penguins and other new guy merging together. One would think they should be able to put two teams in with 3 organizations coming together but they are only putting one team in each division except one. They had no 06 and two 05 and now have one of each so those balance out. Where did everyone go besides the 05 fiasco we are all aware of.

Anon
Anon

They should be a lot higher with the Penguins and other new guy merging together. One would think they should be able to put two teams in with 3 organizations coming together but they are only putting one team in each division except one. They had no 06 and two 05 and now have one of each so those balance out. Where did everyone go besides the 05 fiasco we are all aware of.

Who are the 3 organizations?

Anon
Anon
Anon

Who are the 3 organizations?
i think he's referring to Penguins, Hurricanes and Bandits maybe?? not sure

3 organizations did not "come together". The only age group that joined together was mites. And the Bandits? Not sure how many Bandits are now part of the program but in no way can it be called a merger. Seems like 90% of the organization is existing Hurricanes. Most of them stayed. Each team picked up a few kids, as is the case everywhere.

Anon
3 organizations did not "come together". The only age group that joined together was mites. And the Bandits? Not sure how many Bandits are now part of the program but in no way can it be called a merger. Seems like 90% of the organization is existing Hurricanes. Most of them stayed. Each team picked up a few kids, as is the case everywhere.

Well, with the exception of the elite 05 Hurricanes, which was the only good team, they all left.

Anon
Anon

Well, with the exception of the elite 05 Hurricanes, which was the only good team, they all left.

Well now I'm really confused because I thought the 05 indi team was the main one that left. Coach went to the Bandits and took most of the players. Probably didn't lose that many at other divisions but can't imagine they gained that many either. Why leave current teams add more travel and cost for teams that don't have much of a shot to get into the Elite division. Although I'm sure that's not how the new owner spun it so only time will tell

Can you guys share more about this Hurricanes/Bandits thing? I hadn't heard about that development. Thanks

Anon
Can you guys share more about this Hurricanes/Bandits thing? I hadn't heard about that development. Thanks

Yes, my post about 3 organizations coming together was sarcasm. Sarcasm because WN thought he was back dooring the Bandits and taking their organization to the Cape, in particular the entire 04 team. And much like most of the things he says, it never happened. Not only did it not ever happen, the Hurricanes lost a god coach and players to the Bandits. Multiple people posted multiple predictions that this would happen so no one should be surprised

Anon

Not sure if you are being facetious, as this organization did not exist last year !